E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

CIC Retrofit Installation LOG

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 10:09 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've already got the CIC kit from Germany!
The package contains everything you need, including original BMW unlock codes!
Everything for £1,850.00
Old 03-23-2011, 10:34 PM
Members

Hi, i am interested as well. can u share your source for it? Includes the idrive bezel?

Originally Posted by BMW Driver
I've already got the CIC kit from Germany!
The package contains everything you need, including original BMW unlock codes!
Everything for £1,850.00
Old 03-23-2011, 11:08 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Many BMW's

Thanks to Patryk , I've got my center console trim cut and the frame is installed ,, waiting for the CF silver vinyl to do the wrapping and I'm ready to go with the rest of the process ..
Attached Thumbnails CIC Retrofit Installation LOG-dsc_1377.jpg  
Old 03-23-2011, 11:10 PM
Members

Hi, can i buy the idrive bezel from u?

Originally Posted by Ehssan
the sample piece is coming in a few days ,, once I confirm the correct part ,, will keep you update dude .
Old 03-23-2011, 11:12 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by marksim
Hi, i am interested as well. can u share your source for it? Includes the idrive bezel?
Not sure why you would need it if you can get everything from me
Don't want to show off but 70+ CIC retrofits shipped means something + you can get the Combox and other options from me too
Old 03-23-2011, 11:14 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Ehssan
Thanks to Patryk , I've got my center console trim cut and the frame is installed ,, waiting for the CF silver vinyl to do the wrapping and I'm ready to go with the rest of the process ..

This looks great Ehssan!!!
When will the beast be fully upgraded with the CIC?
Old 03-23-2011, 11:29 PM
Members

Hi, i just need the idrive bezel, can i buy it from u?

Originally Posted by Patrys
Not sure why you would need it if you can get everything from me
Don't want to show off but 70+ CIC retrofits shipped means something + you can get the Combox and other options from me too
Old 03-23-2011, 11:46 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by marksim
Hi, i just need the idrive bezel, can i buy it from u?
You can buy this from BMW directly. Someone posted the part number here a while ago. Search and you will find. But honestly if anyone is deciding to do this I would highly recommend that you get the ENTIRE kit from Patrys. You will struggle to get this thing complete on your own.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:54 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Today I finally set my sound system up on the CIC.

As everyone knows the Hi-Fi amp has changed between the CCC and the CIC. In the CIC the Hi-Fi amp drives all the speakers. To over-come this problem you have to buy an amp.

Here's what I did.

1. Reuse the old Hi-Fi amp to drive only the front speakers. I works perfect and it so small you can hide it above the glovebox in the front. All you need to do is rewire the CIC speaker outputs a bit. Take the CIC speaker outputs and feed them as amp inputs and then amp outputs feed back to the speaker wires. You can take power from the front fuse box as well.
2. Now replace the rear amp in the back with a new 4 channel amp. Use 2 channels to drive your sub woofers and the other 2 channels to drive your rear speakers. Getting to the rear speaker is very easy from inside the boot.

The sound is very good because the speakers are now all being driven by amps from low level outputs of the CIC.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:58 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda
Today I finally set my sound system up on the CIC.

As everyone knows the Hi-Fi amp has changed between the CCC and the CIC. In the CIC the Hi-Fi amp drives all the speakers. To over-come this problem you have to buy an amp.

Here's what I did.

1. Reuse the old Hi-Fi amp to drive only the front speakers. I works perfect and it so small you can hide it above the glovebox in the front. All you need to do is rewire the CIC speaker outputs a bit. Take the CIC speaker outputs and feed them as amp inputs and then amp outputs feed back to the speaker wires. You can take power from the front fuse box as well.
2. Now replace the rear amp in the back with a new 4 channel amp. Use 2 channels to drive your sub woofers and the other 2 channels to drive your rear speakers. Getting to the rear speaker is very easy from inside the boot.

The sound is very good because the speakers are now all being driven by amps from low level outputs of the CIC.
Well done.

How long did it take to install everything?

Quick Reply: CIC Retrofit Installation LOG