E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

"Neat tricks" thread!

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 02:33 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is not the LCI but rather any model 06 and up that have true TPMs that monitor tire pressure instead of rotational speed. Mine work well and catch any pressure even the tiniest bit off.

Where is this engine temp guage you speak of? I understand there are tach bars indicating when the engine is warm/cold subjectively but am I the only one not to have any sort of engine temp guage? Maybe on 05 and before models but on 06s and above there is no guage.

I think it is ridiculous that you can open the windows by holding down the unlock button but you cannot close them all by holding down the lock button here in the USA-why give us half the feature and not the other.

Not exactly a trick either but my .02 which I do every time I am in the car.

1. If you want your wheel down the furthest, most vertical it will go. Press the button down and hold until the wheel moves as far down and stops. Then you can press and hold another time and it will move down even further.

2. Basically same thing for side bolsters and thigh support-if you hold the button to tighten the bolsters or move the thigh support forward it will move so far and then stop. If you press the button again 1 or even 2 more times and hold it inches up further and further tightens the side bolsters.

These are actually pretty annoying-why they dont just move maximally the first time is beyond me
Old 11-05-2007, 02:05 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by redwhiteblue' post='489929' date='Nov 4 2007, 05:33 PM
1. If you want your wheel down the furthest, most vertical it will go. Press the button down and hold until the wheel moves as far down and stops. Then you can press and hold another time and it will move down even further.

2. Basically same thing for side bolsters and thigh support-if you hold the button to tighten the bolsters or move the thigh support forward it will move so far and then stop. If you press the button again 1 or even 2 more times and hold it inches up further and further tightens the side bolsters.
You must be TINY !! I have to have my steering wheel in the fully UP position otherwise I can't see the dials. And the side bolsters, if I tightent them any more than "slightly tighter than fully open", it hurts
Old 11-05-2007, 06:18 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E90 330i + E60 550i

is that really a feature of the wheel and seats adjustment? Or just over stressing the motor? Id like the wheel lower as well, as the stop setting is still so high. Does the wheel go back down to the lowest setting when you exit and re-enter the car?
Old 11-05-2007, 07:48 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by s4iscool' post='490232' date='Nov 5 2007, 09:18 AM
is that really a feature of the wheel and seats adjustment? Or just over stressing the motor? Id like the wheel lower as well, as the stop setting is still so high. Does the wheel go back down to the lowest setting when you exit and re-enter the car?
I'm surrounded by midgets ... !! You do know your seat goes up don't you? You must all be sitting on the floor!!
Old 11-05-2007, 07:50 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E90 330i + E60 550i

Originally Posted by Russ1974' post='490276' date='Nov 5 2007, 11:48 AM
I'm surrounded by midgets ... !! You do know your seat goes up don't you? You must all be sitting on the floor!!
Quite the opposit. I dont want to sit like a grandma with my head touching the roof and my face 1 foot from the wheel.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:13 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i Sport Carbon Black Metallic/Cream Beige Manny tranny and other stuff Recently gone, but never forgotten: 2005 Ford Mustang GT (hence the name) Torch Red/Crimson Manny tranny and every option available for that year 2002 Chrysler 300M Special Brilliant Black/Light Taupe/Dark Slate Autostick and goo-gobs of neat features that I will sorely miss

Originally Posted by Geo' post='478880' date='Oct 7 2007, 02:33 PM
If you have one of the older "key" based BMWs, you can simply insert your key into the driver's door and turn and hold to the lock position. That will automatically close all the windows including the sunroof.
Actually, there is still a key hidden away inside the fob. You can pull it out and use it in the door to lock/unlock doors and open/close windows and sunroof.

!!!!FIRST POST!!!!
Old 11-05-2007, 10:38 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E61 CarbonBlack 535d, Ventilated and Heated Comfort Seats with Massage in Black Nasca Leather, Dark Poplar Wood, Professional Navi, Folding Rear Seats, Load Through, Advanced Remote, PDC, Bluetooth, Dimming and folding Mirrors, Bi-Xenons, Hi-Fi, Tinted

Originally Posted by s4iscool' post='490278' date='Nov 5 2007, 05:50 PM
Quite the opposit. I dont want to sit like a grandma with my head touching the roof and my face 1 foot from the wheel.
You can drive with your head through the sunroof
Old 11-05-2007, 11:28 AM
Members

My Ride: 525d E60

I replaced the factory seat with a larger one that is mounted lower (and has a longer seat plus longer back). The steering wheel is not at the top but most toward me. Still some LED's (lights LED and auto windscreen wiper LED) are blocked from my view. Since I put the seat in, tyre thread wear has gone up, back-ache down and driving pleasure way up!

Old 11-05-2007, 12:43 PM
Members

My Ride: Sept '06 535d M sport ,Silver ,Black Dakota Leather,HUD ,TV, Media ,Visibility,Heated F+R seats,Comfort Seats, Active seats ,Sun protection glass,Dark Poplar wood, sunroof ,Elec Sunblinds , Folding mirrors, 19" 172s ,Extended lights Package, Debadged

Originally Posted by redwhiteblue' post='489929' date='Nov 5 2007, 12:33 AM
It is not the LCI but rather any model 06 and up that have true TPMs that monitor tire pressure instead of rotational speed. Mine work well and catch any pressure even the tiniest bit off.

Where is this engine temp guage you speak of? I understand there are tach bars indicating when the engine is warm/cold subjectively but am I the only one not to have any sort of engine temp guage? Maybe on 05 and before models but on 06s and above there is no guage.

I think it is ridiculous that you can open the windows by holding down the unlock button but you cannot close them all by holding down the lock button here in the USA-why give us half the feature and not the other.

Not exactly a trick either but my .02 which I do every time I am in the car.

These are actually pretty annoying-why they dont just move maximally the first time is beyond me
Deja vu. YOU MENTIONED THESE TIPS WHEN YOU WERE SLEEPYCA31.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:46 PM
Banned

Genius of you

Anyway you will hardly "overwork" the tiny motor that adjusts the steering wheel and side bolsters if you hold it down twice to get it to move further. Yes it blocks some of the guages but personally I dont look at the guagues much at all and when I do I quickly peak under the wheel at my speed ocasionally. RPM wise you get to know the sound of your car and where it is at without looking.

The trouble is yes when you get out and back in, every darn time you have to repeat this which I just got used to and do it as I am pulling out of my security gate which takes a minute to open anyway but really annoying. I personally like the non-auto steering wheel adjuster that you simply pull out, move directly or near directly verticle or wherever you want without being limited by a computer or motor and then it stays there when you get out and in. Yes it is a bit harder to squeeze out but still worth not having to adjust it constantly.

Hey for what it is worth I found these very helpful if you are a slim guy and like to be held snuggly in your seat. I personally like the thigh support fully extended to max, the side bolsteres squeezed tight, the upper back/neck support forward so that my head is touching and the head rest "wings" out and low enough so they hit the tops of my shoulders to hold me in vertically-I feel like I am in a cockpit and love it. The seats make the entire car IMO. I had a LCI without those seats and it felt very plain jane

Quick Reply: "Neat tricks" thread!