E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 06:07 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 523iA

Originally Posted by tcc39' post='300600' date='Jun 21 2006, 09:50 AM
Actually, that's one of the reason keeping me away from buying an iPod. Somehow, the shop ppl tend to discourage me from buying and try recommending me somethign else. They say it is not so user friendly when it come to sharing data. It is true that the iPod must syn with your own PC and therefore you can't any how download songs or video from your friend PCs?

Still it is the most popular brand on earth and I guess nobody care about this little inconvenience.
I have successfully transferred files from one PC to another. If memory serves me correctly, you need to go to "Preferences" in iTunes, redirect the "Music Folder" from your C Drive to another hard drive (in my case, I directed it to my External HDD). Sync the first iPod and the Music Folder will be created in the External HDD. When sync is complete, hook up External HDD to another PC and Sync with another iPOD. After transfer is complete, redirect "Music Folder" to another PC's C Drive.
Old 06-20-2006, 06:11 PM
Senior Members

Have sent my ride in to Mr Koh of Kg Arang for the AUX input. The price has gone up to $370+ including programming... :'(

But dunno why he and Parts Sales David, kept warning me that I "cannot connect an iPod" to the AUX but other MP3 players are ok...

Initially Koh GL even said "One you install the AUX, your CD Changer is gone"... I replied with astonishment... how can it be possible??? Unless they giving me the "real iPod Interface" then I understand as it uses the CD-CD6 as a means to navigate....

Its pretty scary how they sometimes give you weird information...

Will tell you guys more (during the GTG) about the phone call I got... from PML's XXX who said their management monitors this forum closely...

Then why didn't they do something to pacify Dr Loke and myself from getting an SLK when we were both big Z4 fans and willing to write a cheque, without a testdrive, without a finalised price, without a confirmed equipment list... only to be sure that we get one of the 9 Z4s which arrived in Singapore in April???

Someone in PML needs to address this deficiency in pre-sales. Someone in Sime Darby needs to look into their BMW franchise. Someone in BMWAsia needs to act to protect the brand. I still love my E60 ride very much and looking to modding it more and more...
Old 06-20-2006, 06:23 PM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by BZSAB' post='300609' date='Jun 21 2006, 10:07 AM
I have successfully transferred files from one PC to another. If memory serves me correctly, you need to go to "Preferences" in iTunes, redirect the "Music Folder" from your C Drive to another hard drive (in my case, I directed it to my External HDD). Sync the first iPod and the Music Folder will be created in the External HDD. When sync is complete, hook up External HDD to another PC and Sync with another iPOD. After transfer is complete, redirect "Music Folder" to another PC's C Drive.
yes, you still need a HD, that is transfer...or like Bugaboo said, use the extraction software.
Old 06-20-2006, 06:27 PM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by SFL33X' post='300610' date='Jun 21 2006, 10:11 AM
Have sent my ride in to Mr Koh of Kg Arang for the AUX input. The price has gone up to $370+ including programming... :'(

But dunno why he and Parts Sales David, kept warning me that I "cannot connect an iPod" to the AUX but other MP3 players are ok...

Initially Koh GL even said "One you install the AUX, your CD Changer is gone"... I replied with astonishment... how can it be possible??? Unless they giving me the "real iPod Interface" then I understand as it uses the CD-CD6 as a means to navigate....

Will tell you guys more (during the GTG) about the phone call I got... from PML's XXX who said their management monitors this forum closely...

Then why didn't they do something to pacify Dr Loke and myself from getting an SLK when we were both big Z4 fans and willing to write a cheque, without a testdrive, without a finalised price, without a confirmed equipment list... only to be sure that we get one of the 9 Z4s which arrived in Singapore in April???

Someone in PML needs to address this deficiency in pre-sales. Someone in Sime Darby needs to look into their BMW franchise. Someone in BMWAsia needs to act to protect the brand. I still love my E60 ride very much and looking to modding it more and more...
Yes, this shows how much a consumer knows about a procduct better than the agent!

If the 'Someone" is monitoring, let me tell you, most of us will not complain, we just walk away...i am looking in P.I. now.
If you don't take care of me, why should i take care of your wallet?
Old 06-20-2006, 06:28 PM
Senior Members

33, I have used the AUX interface with the iPod for several months and have not experienced any problems. PML is, however, correct to say that you will loose control of your CD changer.
Old 06-20-2006, 06:29 PM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

price for installing aux has never changed... just we got to be smart about how to go about it! either one pay about $110 or $370 as you wrote.

to just spend $110 .. you need to buy the part from the part counter yourself and hand it over to your CSA and he going to charge you the installation fee. 30 bucks or something. the trick is to do it when you getting software upgrade.

anyway just an input from previous experience. this might be worth a scratch on bugaboo's collection of tips!

by the way this is regarding getting an aux in plug in the glove box and you still have the cd-changer as it is. unless you talk about replacing cd-changer with ipod interface that is $450 the last time i heard the quote.
Old 06-20-2006, 06:33 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by BZSAB' post='300615' date='Jun 21 2006, 10:28 AM
33, I have used the AUX interface with the iPod for several months and have not experienced any problems. PML is, however, correct to say that you will loose control of your CD changer.
My CD Changer will lose control??? Why is that so? Oh no... Does that mean we remove the CD Changer since its a "black elephant" then?
Old 06-20-2006, 06:42 PM
Members

My Ride: E60 - 520i Dec 2004 built Previous 320i for 5 years

Originally Posted by SFL33X' post='300610' date='Jun 20 2006, 09:11 PM

If I were you, I would not take the PML guys seriously, you can only take in 40% anything they say. Those are a bunch of marxx. That's my opinion after all these years with them. Of course there might some good ones but very very very very few!
Old 06-20-2006, 06:43 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by zag' post='300616' date='Jun 21 2006, 10:29 AM
by the way this is regarding getting an aux in plug in the glove box and you still have the cd-changer as it is. unless you talk about replacing cd-changer with ipod interface that is $450 the last time i heard the quote.
Bro Zag, I am pretty sure you WILL loose control of the CD Changer when Aux Input is added. At the time of my install, PML still dont have the iPod Interface (i.e. controlling iPod via iDrive and steering wheel buttons). Other Bros with Aux In installed, please comment.
Old 06-20-2006, 06:49 PM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by BZSAB' post='300621' date='Jun 21 2006, 10:43 AM
Bro Zag, I am pretty sure you WILL loose control of the CD Changer when Aux Input is added. At the time of my install, PML still dont have the iPod Interface (i.e. controlling iPod via iDrive and steering wheel buttons). Other Bros with Aux In installed, please comment.
i have aux installed on my ride and in the i-drive i have the aux option displayed for selection among the CD; CD changer; radio.

it is aux-in installation. you will loose cd-changer control if you replace the cd-changer interface to ipod interface.

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans