E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 07:39 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 523iA

Originally Posted by tcc39' post='300630' date='Jun 21 2006, 11:12 AM
i am as confuse too!! I have aux in. just like Meng's and it operate exactly the same.i.e I can select from i-drive FM-AM-CD-CDC-AUX.

Though I play mp3 from my Sony Ericsson, I tried before playing from a friend's ipod and no problem.

Leslie, you mean you cannot play songs from CDC after installing Aux input???
Wah leow, I think I got snookered again by PML! Although I can "see" the CD selection, it is greyed out; so cannot be selected! Btw, I dun even know what CDC is as it does not appear on iDrive screen. Need to have a word with them!
Old 06-20-2006, 08:12 PM
Members

Originally Posted by BZSAB' post='300644' date='Jun 20 2006, 10:39 PM
Wah leow, I think I got snookered again by PML! Although I can "see" the CD selection, it is greyed out; so cannot be selected! Btw, I dun even know what CDC is as it does not appear on iDrive screen. Need to have a word with them!

wah screw them for messing up on your aux and you paid much more.go and get refund.so all the while you could not select your 6cd player from idrive??

guys driving 523i ,my FC after new ecu and ver 21 sofware is like 6.5 km/l city and about 10km/l on high way .average about 480km per tank is that high or wat??
Old 06-20-2006, 08:15 PM
Members

Originally Posted by bugaboo' post='300626' date='Jun 20 2006, 09:59 PM
i have aux in. and i can select from FM - AM - CD - CDC - AUX. so far no problems.

Mine is the best aux install i can select

FM - AM -- CD---CDC---AUX- -WING FLAPS ....haha
Old 06-20-2006, 09:36 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by SFL33X' post='300610
guys driving 523i ,my FC after new ecu and ver 21 sofware is like 6.5 km/l city and about 10km/l on high way .average about 480km per tank is that high or wat??
I've had the ver 21 updated in my car. I find the trans tends to hang on to the low gears for far too long thus causing me to somehow drag the car.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:55 PM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='300686' date='Jun 21 2006, 01:36 PM
COMPLACENCY - That is why I am trying very very hard to convince Jr that the 330/335 is not the ride to buy. I am actually hoping that Merc launch their new C soon. I've found a buyer for my E46 and it'll be gone in a couple of weeks. I really like the look of the new 3 series Coupe, the handling and power on tap of the BMW, but I just cannot take their attitude.

The latest culprit is Torsten from BMW Asia. I have been having irratic idle from my M6. Took pictures of the high idles and tested the car with Torsten and (OH NO!!!) Chin. They saw and felt the problem. Torsten wrote to M Div in Germany who responded that it is normal and that the temp of the cat converter is low and that is why the car idles high; to heat it up, I suppose. Normal for a road going car to idle at 950 rpm on a hot Singapore day? I experimented for myself and wrote back to him rebutting his explanation. He responded with this; "I have no reasons to doubt my colleagues in Germany". What did he mean by that? I wrote back to ask him whether that meant the end of the story. He responded that it wasn't and that he was still figuring it out. I asked them to test out an M5 and he again responded negatively saying that they did not have an M5 to test out. Hmmm..... Half a million down the drain? I have written to forumers in this board and in the M5.com board asking about this problem. I targetted cold countries. NONE of them experienced this before; NONE!!! I tried attaching the e-mail exchanges for all to see but couldn't. Maybe someone can teach me how.

I think they're monitoring just to see how many bad comments we make and who does what to his ride; especially the DMS.
I've had the ver 21 updated in my car. I find the trans tends to hang on to the low gears for far too long thus causing me to somehow drag the car.
How bold they are to treat our Big Bro ( a million $ customer!) like this!??

ok, you can insert email in the post...can you see the envelope while replying posts?
Share your experiences and maybe we just move away from bad cusotmer service.

ver21, i experienced the same, the long low gears cure the hesitation but higher consumption. something like 8km/L for my 520i. but not much.
Old 06-20-2006, 11:15 PM
Members

Originally Posted by lmk' post='300632' date='Jun 21 2006, 11:14 AM
i am a fan of MP3 players. i owned all generations of iPod...still the best MP3 player around.
Most Creative Muvos'...so so but sounded better than iPod IMO...(i got them at very good prices, my wife used to work there) most of them break down after a few months.
Lai,

I just visited the Communic Asia2006 in S'pore Expo to see one of my supplier who was exhibiting. If time permit, you guys really have to go and have a look and I am sure you find it very interesting.

There've got virtually everything. I am not an IT person but what you guys have been discussing like what DVB, HDTV, MP3, mobile TV, video, GPS, handphone etc..are all there!! BTW, the new Sony 950i really make me drool (walkman, 4GB memory, beautiful touch screen, handwriting recognition etc.....).

Even Garmin was there. I spoke to the manager from Navicom who is the agent in Singapore for Garmin. Guess what, he said I can use the existing Garmin map from my C320 for the Nuvi. So we can test this out this Sat. Maybe if you guys are planning to get the official Garmin maps, I can contact him and ask if he can give special price for Group buy?
Old 06-20-2006, 11:18 PM
Members

Originally Posted by lmk' post='300693' date='Jun 21 2006, 01:55 PM
ver21, i experienced the same, the long low gears cure the hesitation but higher consumption. something like 8km/L for my 520i. but not much.
Is there a possibility to check which ver software from the idrive? I know PML updated the software for my ride in January but I don't know which version
Old 06-20-2006, 11:22 PM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by tcc39' post='300718' date='Jun 21 2006, 03:15 PM
Lai,

I just visited the Communic Asia2006 in S'pore Expo to see one of my supplier who was exhibiting. If time permit, you guys really have to go and have a look and I am sure you find it very interesting.

There've got virtually everything. I am not an IT person but what you guys have been discussing like what DVB, HDTV, MP3, mobile TV, video, GPS, handphone etc..are all there!! BTW, the new Sony 950i really make me drool (walkman, 4GB memory, beautiful touch screen, handwriting recognition etc.....).

Even Garmin was there. I spoke to the manager from Navicom who is the agent in Singapore for Garmin. Guess what, he said I can use the existing Garmin map from my C320 for the Nuvi. So we can test this out this Sat. Maybe if you guys are planning to get the official Garmin maps, I can contact him and ask if he can give special price for Group buy?
ya, i wish i can go if time permits.
i am not in IT line too, just my interests.
W950i is cool and i prefer the M600 which launched today. I'll pick it pick up from M1 this saturday hopefully.

True, the garmin map can be used in Nuvi, but it is locked to a set specified. i failed to open the garmin although i have the 25 digits unlock code. In general, Garmin maps can be used in all garmin sets.

A group buy will be an excellent idea but the V2 map contain only Singapore and JB, i think we would like to have the whole of malaysia too.
Old 06-20-2006, 11:28 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by lmk' post='300723' date='Jun 21 2006, 03:22 PM
True, the garmin map can be used in Nuvi, but it is locked to a set specified. i failed to open the garmin although i have the 25 digits unlock code. In general, Garmin maps can be used in all garmin sets.

A group buy will be an excellent idea but the V2 map contain only Singapore and JB, i think we would like to have the whole of malaysia too.
I think new Nuvi users like me would love to get the V2 map even if includes only Sing/JB (so long as there is street name search and HDB blocks)... We can always rely in the MalSingMaps for the rest of Malaysia?

Can we really arrange a group order pleeeeeeaseeeee? Count me in....

But wondering how the official Garmin City Navigator Sing/JB map would conflict with the MalSingMap???
Old 06-20-2006, 11:30 PM
Senior Members

tcc39: you are ONE posting from becoming a SENIOR member of this forum.... ONE posting from attaining your very own Wing Flags from Big Bro Ed...

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans