E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 05:46 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lmk' post='301746' date='Jun 23 2006, 09:32 AM
what is FOS huh?
Full of "Something"???
Old 06-22-2006, 05:54 PM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by SFL33X' post='301755' date='Jun 23 2006, 09:46 AM
Full of "Something"???
oh! Ok OK OK....
Old 06-22-2006, 06:08 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='301518' date='Jun 23 2006, 12:29 AM
Don't know what you guys think but I met Simon Rock at PML today - accidental meeting. I brought up thematter about my ride and he said he had heard about this. Anyway, he went upstairs to his office and half an hour later, came downto the showroom looking for me. He had managed to get a hold of Torsten who arrived a short while later. I was assured that PML and BMW are still looking into the matter. In fact, according to Torsten, he drove an M5 recently and noticed the same characteristic. He will be returning to Germany to attend an M driving gfamiliarisation course and should have more info for me when he returns.

This is exactly what I, as a client want to hear. "We don't know for sure, but let me check further" and not just a short sentence to shut me up. Kudos to PML's Simon Rock. At least I can see he treasures my business!!!
They shouldn't bother sending Torsten to Germany for the M Driving Familiarisation. They should instead send YOU there to get first hand experience and see the guys...
Old 06-22-2006, 06:18 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 523iA

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='301518' date='Jun 23 2006, 12:29 AM
Don't know what you guys think but I met Simon Rock at PML today - accidental meeting. I brought up thematter about my ride and he said he had heard about this. Anyway, he went upstairs to his office and half an hour later, came downto the showroom looking for me. He had managed to get a hold of Torsten who arrived a short while later. I was assured that PML and BMW are still looking into the matter. In fact, according to Torsten, he drove an M5 recently and noticed the same characteristic. He will be returning to Germany to attend an M driving gfamiliarisation course and should have more info for me when he returns.

This is exactly what I, as a client want to hear. "We don't know for sure, but let me check further" and not just a short sentence to shut me up. Kudos to PML's Simon Rock. At least I can see he treasures my business!!!
Again I say that PML should send a M Engineer to Singapore to rectify the problems you are facing. I dont know who this Simon Rock guy is but I cant see what he can do by just visiting HQ. Instead, if they send an Engineer from HQ to Singapore, he will be in a better position to offer solutions with your ride in front of him. Additionally, this Engineer can also offer much needed training to the bunch of techies/mechanics here; especially when there is a growing market for M's in Singapore.
Old 06-22-2006, 06:29 PM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by BZSAB' post='301768' date='Jun 23 2006, 10:18 AM
Again I say that PML should send a M Engineer to Singapore to rectify the problems you are facing. I dont know who this Simon Rock guy is but I cant see what he can do by just visiting HQ. Instead, if they send an Engineer from HQ to Singapore, he will be in a better position to offer solutions with your ride in front of him. Additionally, this Engineer can also offer much needed training to the bunch of techies/mechanics here; especially when there is a growing market for M's in Singapore.
aiyah! give him a chance to go back to watch World Cup live mah!
Tell me, which AM from Germany would like to come over during this time?
Old 06-22-2006, 06:30 PM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by SFL33X' post='301754' date='Jun 23 2006, 09:44 AM
The PI I got my SLK from (VinCar) already have the 630iA in their showroom... going at around $260K I heard... They confirm they can bring in other models... the PI's strength is not in the discount (usually u get $5-$15K off)... BUT they usually come MUCH MUCH better equipped with the options... which easily add up to $30K or more...

The service I got was EXCELLENT. Will tell you guys more on Sat GTG... My point to everyone is: if we are not guaranteed excellent service at the exclusive dealer... and had heartache trying to live with the issues... why not give the deal to others who will fall all over you to get your cheque and save money in the mean while... especially when the ultimate warranty is still borne by the brand owner?
invariably the problem is not sales service it is the after sales service that is more important. PI don't involve in aftersales service do they? when major grey problem sets in on the car..going in back and forth with workshop will be a nightmare won't it? imagine now you can not bang table anynore but perhaps bmw asia's table. hehehe
just wondering assume if i get PI bimmer would the workshop CSA see a marker in the computer that it ain't PML's therefore second rate service even though one have good relationship with CSA?
Old 06-22-2006, 06:46 PM
Members

Originally Posted by SFL33X' post='301755' date='Jun 22 2006, 08:46 PM
Full of "Something"???

FOS or FOC

full of shit

dont ask for FOC.....free of charge ..you might get full of crap,.......hahaha

guys you all so hot on ipod.but our stock ice is really crap.......time to ice ice your babe.
Old 06-22-2006, 06:59 PM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by zag' post='301770' date='Jun 23 2006, 10:30 AM
invariably the problem is not sales service it is the after sales service that is more important. PI don't involve in aftersales service do they? when major grey problem sets in on the car..going in back and forth with workshop will be a nightmare won't it? imagine now you can not bang table anynore but perhaps bmw asia's table. hehehe
just wondering assume if i get PI bimmer would the workshop CSA see a marker in the computer that it ain't PML's therefore second rate service even though one have good relationship with CSA?
well, good points there. It is always a cat and mouse game.
lower prices, bad after sales service, in and out of workshop...etc.
most, if not all of us had experienced all these.
i think all of us just wish to recieve good quality after sales service after spending some good money with PML.
it is an expectation.
If we can withstand going in and out of the workshop even when the car is sold through PML, what is the diff with a P.I.?
If we are delivered with a lemon, PML, most of the time will not replace a new car to you....too many examples to quote, including a sad story of one of our forummer here.
Only those who go to the extreme of going to the court, then some actions will be taken but what about those we do not know?
Whereas if we buy from P.I. expectations is going to be less...much lesser actually. to an extend, sheer luck.

We only expect good after sales service after spending some money. that's all.
If the service level is as good as Komoco (Hyundai) or Lexus, i doubt we will even think of P.I.
Old 06-22-2006, 07:07 PM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by 1628' post='301773' date='Jun 23 2006, 10:46 AM
FOS or FOC

full of shit

dont ask for FOC.....free of charge ..you might get full of crap,.......hahaha
guys you all so hot on ipod.but our stock ice is really crap.......time to ice ice your babe.

go and listen to Bugaboo or Tategoi setups before plunging, both have nice ICE.

Or you can choose to have basic setup like mine:
A decent power amp, 12" subs and a good pair of speakers.
Old 06-22-2006, 07:14 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by zag' post='301770' date='Jun 23 2006, 10:30 AM
That was my major reservations going PI... it was never the discount... but the PIs have their own workshops and we will never face the PML/C&C CSAs... we send the car to the PI Workshop and if they need warranty claim... or tough issues to tackle... they send it to PML/C&C... if the latter don't give them due service... the PI under the international warranty clause will give them crap and complain to BMWAsia or DaimlerBenz...

The only thing missing is probably a more posh waiting area and free espressos...

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans