E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 07:24 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Black 520i, Black leather interior, Active Steering, DSC, PDC, Ornamental grille, Audio Aux Input

OPERATION A SUCCESS!

the boys came over & spent 3 hours putting in the reverse camera i got from tye electronics, cut the ashtray in the centre of the dash & embedded the dock in there

took the 5 out for a spin after installation - i only have an ipod photo - but was able to playback photo slideshow on the idrive screen thru the interface

reverse camera takes a while to "light" up - image very clear even in carpark

will take some photos & upload tomorrow night
maybe a shot of 33's new sexy looking BLACK SLK through the reverse camera?
Old 06-22-2006, 08:29 AM
Senior Members

Don't know what you guys think but I met Simon Rock at PML today - accidental meeting. I brought up thematter about my ride and he said he had heard about this. Anyway, he went upstairs to his office and half an hour later, came downto the showroom looking for me. He had managed to get a hold of Torsten who arrived a short while later. I was assured that PML and BMW are still looking into the matter. In fact, according to Torsten, he drove an M5 recently and noticed the same characteristic. He will be returning to Germany to attend an M driving gfamiliarisation course and should have more info for me when he returns.

This is exactly what I, as a client want to hear. "We don't know for sure, but let me check further" and not just a short sentence to shut me up. Kudos to PML's Simon Rock. At least I can see he treasures my business!!!
Old 06-22-2006, 04:42 PM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='301518' date='Jun 23 2006, 12:29 AM
Don't know what you guys think but I met Simon Rock at PML today - accidental meeting. I brought up thematter about my ride and he said he had heard about this. Anyway, he went upstairs to his office and half an hour later, came downto the showroom looking for me. He had managed to get a hold of Torsten who arrived a short while later. I was assured that PML and BMW are still looking into the matter. In fact, according to Torsten, he drove an M5 recently and noticed the same characteristic. He will be returning to Germany to attend an M driving gfamiliarisation course and should have more info for me when he returns.

This is exactly what I, as a client want to hear. "We don't know for sure, but let me check further" and not just a short sentence to shut me up. Kudos to PML's Simon Rock. At least I can see he treasures my business!!!
this tells you Torsten is FOS isn't it? if he is not sure he would just say he is working on it. even the M engineer came with such assessment as a smart PR he would have filtered them off while questioning the assessment back to Germany before feeding back to you!
Rock rocks i guess! at least someone still in charge!
Old 06-22-2006, 04:55 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 523iA

Originally Posted by eugeneloke' post='301468' date='Jun 22 2006, 11:24 PM
OPERATION A SUCCESS!

the boys came over & spent 3 hours putting in the reverse camera i got from tye electronics, cut the ashtray in the centre of the dash & embedded the dock in there

took the 5 out for a spin after installation - i only have an ipod photo - but was able to playback photo slideshow on the idrive screen thru the interface

Hey doc, I am thinking of operating my ashtray to hide my Universal Dock too! Did they really have to hack the plastic mould in the ash tray? If the Dock is not there, can you still insert the Ash Tray Cup? Juz curious!
Old 06-22-2006, 05:29 PM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by BZSAB' post='301734' date='Jun 23 2006, 08:55 AM
Hey doc, I am thinking of operating my ashtray to hide my Universal Dock too! Did they really have to hack the plastic mould in the ash tray? If the Dock is not there, can you still insert the Ash Tray Cup? Juz curious!
use the ash tray as spare wing flaps lor.
Old 06-22-2006, 05:31 PM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='301518' date='Jun 23 2006, 12:29 AM

Good for you!
at least some music to your ears.
Please keep us updated.
Old 06-22-2006, 05:32 PM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by zag' post='301733' date='Jun 23 2006, 08:42 AM
this tells you Torsten is FOS isn't it?
what is FOS huh?
Old 06-22-2006, 05:37 PM
Members

My Ride: E60 - 520i Dec 2004 built Previous 320i for 5 years

E60 for Singaporeans-6series.jpg

The news is here, there is one parallel importer for BMW 6 series listed in today ST. It offer 3 years warranty and services. Hope this this would open up the competition for PML. Anyone can verify the competitiveness and to what extend for the price it advertises.

Hope the company would bring in other models as well.

Long live PML!
Old 06-22-2006, 05:39 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by eugeneloke' post='301468' date='Jun 22 2006, 11:24 PM
OPERATION A SUCCESS!

I was an observer throughout the Op....Those 2 guys were real pros and they know what they were doing....

Doc... how did you managed to solve the AV cable issue? Was it via a S-Video to AV convertor? Did they have it or do I need to buy myself? Cos I too dun wanna sacrifice my iPod AV Cable for this cause...

The camera was amazing... it didn't even have those IR nodes... wonder how they managed to see so clearly in the dark...

How did the TV Tuner went? Can see the usual free to air channels such as CNA, 5, 8 etc?
Old 06-22-2006, 05:44 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Yankee' post='301748' date='Jun 23 2006, 09:37 AM
Attachment 20828

The news is here, there is one parallel importer for BMW 6 series listed in today ST. It offer 3 years warranty and services. Hope this this would open up the competition for PML. Anyone can verify the competitiveness and to what extend for the price it advertises.

Hope the company would bring in other models as well.

Long live PML!
The PI I got my SLK from (VinCar) already have the 630iA in their showroom... going at around $260K I heard... They confirm they can bring in other models... the PI's strength is not in the discount (usually u get $5-$15K off)... BUT they usually come MUCH MUCH better equipped with the options... which easily add up to $30K or more...

The service I got was EXCELLENT. Will tell you guys more on Sat GTG... My point to everyone is: if we are not guaranteed excellent service at the exclusive dealer... and had heartache trying to live with the issues... why not give the deal to others who will fall all over you to get your cheque and save money in the mean while... especially when the ultimate warranty is still borne by the brand owner?

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans