E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 07:17 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='301518' date='Jun 23 2006, 12:29 AM
Don't know what you guys think but I met Simon Rock at PML today - accidental meeting. I brought up thematter about my ride and he said he had heard about this. Anyway, he went upstairs to his office and half an hour later, came downto the showroom looking for me. He had managed to get a hold of Torsten who arrived a short while later. I was assured that PML and BMW are still looking into the matter. In fact, according to Torsten, he drove an M5 recently and noticed the same characteristic. He will be returning to Germany to attend an M driving gfamiliarisation course and should have more info for me when he returns.

This is exactly what I, as a client want to hear. "We don't know for sure, but let me check further" and not just a short sentence to shut me up. Kudos to PML's Simon Rock. At least I can see he treasures my business!!!
This sound to me like a change in tone from this AM. For one moment, he has officially informed you that he can't find a M5 to test and the next moment (bump into you by chance) and has tested one recently and noticed the same characteristic as your car..hahaha.

I am very sure they have been following this thread closely which is a very good thing. I mean big corporate spend million of $$$ conducting customer service survey. This forum is free and most of the forumer here are die hard UDM owners whom many have owned different generation of BMWs and have the $$ to spend.

If they don't take the comments in this forum seriously or have not visited this forum, then something is seriously wrong.

So to all the AMs in PML or BMW - Cheers and thank you for all your attention!!!
Old 06-22-2006, 07:26 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by lmk' post='301778' date='Jun 23 2006, 10:59 AM
well, good points there. It is always a cat and mouse game.
lower prices, bad after sales service, in and out of workshop...etc.
most, if not all of us had experienced all these.
i think all of us just wish to recieve good quality after sales service after spending some good money with PML.
it is an expectation.
If we can withstand going in and out of the workshop even when the car is sold through PML, what is the diff with a P.I.?
If we are delivered with a lemon, PML, most of the time will not replace a new car to you....too many examples to quote, including a sad story of one of our forummer here.
Only those who go to the extreme of going to the court, then some actions will be taken but what about those we do not know?
Whereas if we buy from P.I. expectations is going to be less...much lesser actually. to an extend, sheer luck.

We only expect good after sales service after spending some money. that's all.
If the service level is as good as Komoco (Hyundai) or Lexus, i doubt we will even think of P.I.
Lmk spoke my mind.... and btw... the Lexus service is legendary. They pickup your car and send it back to you... no need to waste your precious time... The Komoco experience - at least when I had my first humble Elantra back in 1994 was totally cool. I wrote about that experience in this forum before... and to think they only made 5K off the whole car... where PML makes at least 50K... yet there was not even a service level par.... When I had my Cefiro.. I didnt have alot of expectations and therefore there was no heartaches either. But when it comes to Buy More Worries? Its a totally different situation!

Most of us who get brandname cars (or anything for that matter) were not looking at glam value (ok.. maybe teeny weeny bit ) but for excellent service - both pre and post sales. Simple things like not taking our feedback for granted, not insulting our intelligence with wishy-washy responses, and fixing things right - are all key criterias.

If I paid peanuts, I would expect Monkeys. But if I paid good money, I expect a 800 pound Gorilla treatment. Its only fair.

People in Sales should know: no news is bad news. bad feedback is good news - as it shows the customers care enough to want to provide them for future improvements.
Old 06-22-2006, 07:42 PM
Members

My Ride: E60 - 520i Dec 2004 built Previous 320i for 5 years

Originally Posted by SFL33X' post='301786' date='Jun 22 2006, 10:26 PM
Lmk spoke my mind.... and btw... the Lexus service is legendary. They pickup your car and send it back to you... no need to waste your precious time... The Komoco experience - at least when I had my first humble Elantra back in 1994 was totally cool. I wrote about that experience in this forum before... and to think they only made 5K off the whole car... where PML makes at least 50K... yet there was not even a service level par.... When I had my Cefiro.. I didnt have alot of expectations and therefore there was no heartaches either. But when it comes to Buy More Worries? Its a totally different situation!
Most of us who get brandname cars (or anything for that matter) were not looking at glam value (ok.. maybe teeny weeny bit ) but for excellent service - both pre and post sales. Simple things like not taking our feedback for granted, not insulting our intelligence with wishy-washy responses, and fixing things right - are all key criterias.

If I paid peanuts, I would expect Monkeys. But if I paid good money, I expect a 800 pound Gorilla treatment. Its only fair.

People in Sales should know: no news is bad news. bad feedback is good news - as it shows the customers care enough to want to provide them for future improvements.
The trouble with PML is follow up by their sales. Once the deal is closed, they would not be seem again unitil the next order. That's my experience, not sure of you guys. They can influence the service of the CSA just like any of the sales perosn in any company.

I still remember my first BMW which I bough from their distributor, Ban Teck Heng or something like that. The sale guy would drove my car for servicing from my office like what you said about Lexus! They tressure your order and in the process we might go back to him and buy the next one.

In fact, when the distributorship was taken away from them, he called up to inform me. If the company still hold the distributorship, I would had ordered my E60 from him instead of the PML shxx sale!
Old 06-22-2006, 07:52 PM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by SFL33X' post='301786' date='Jun 23 2006, 11:26 AM
Lmk spoke my mind.... and btw... the Lexus service is legendary. They pickup your car and send it back to you... no need to waste your precious time...
and they top up your fuel tank ..of course they charge for it la...
Old 06-22-2006, 07:58 PM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by lmk' post='301778' date='Jun 23 2006, 10:59 AM
well, good points there. It is always a cat and mouse game.
lower prices, bad after sales service, in and out of workshop...etc.
most, if not all of us had experienced all these.
i think all of us just wish to recieve good quality after sales service after spending some good money with PML.
it is an expectation.
If we can withstand going in and out of the workshop even when the car is sold through PML, what is the diff with a P.I.?
If we are delivered with a lemon, PML, most of the time will not replace a new car to you....too many examples to quote, including a sad story of one of our forummer here.
Only those who go to the extreme of going to the court, then some actions will be taken but what about those we do not know?
Whereas if we buy from P.I. expectations is going to be less...much lesser actually. to an extend, sheer luck.

We only expect good after sales service after spending some money. that's all.
If the service level is as good as Komoco (Hyundai) or Lexus, i doubt we will even think of P.I.
if not for the love of the sheer driving experience (sucker am i?) of bimmer i wouldn't have tolerated pml during the 320i days. so far PML has been fair to me, my CSA is taking care of me well...

I can picture BM's Lexus marvellous aftersales service but if the car doesn't fill that recessess in the heart hm... nothing else matter. i went to Premium auto to enquire about RS4 and have a good chat with the sales chap. RS4 is impressive car but i don't have the affection heavy enough to cross eventhough it will drive well as a performance car and for $330k per shot- I forsee i will be waking up in the middle of the nite if i have made the right decision not going for an M for example.

i am sucker for bimmer marque- so i am biased and partial.

I don't think BMW Asia will honor the warranty if the car is service by anybody other than authorised workshop such as PML. I am very interested in the bimmer line up of the new bi-turbo engine... that is new engine with new bugs... who is ready to be the first to be g pig to work through the bugs?
Old 06-22-2006, 09:14 PM
Senior Members

I've always believed in going to the dealership instead of PI. PIs are not really as "goodie two shoes" as you think they are. I know that certain PIs in Singapore import "classic" Mercs and fit Advantgarde parts here in Singapore. Whats the diff? Well, your OMV and scrap value suffers. There are many more tricks up their sleeves which you and I will not realise. Many brag about their "own" workshops. Are they really their own? Do they have the computers and diagnostic machines that Merc and BMW have? They will solve easy problems for you, but not the complex ones and if you keep going back to them like we do PML, then you see that their reaction will be very different.

I'd rather pay a few dollars more to whoever (authorised dealership) to get peace of mind. If they can't give me that, then like LMK says, just shut-up and never turn back again. If I really wanna do a PI, then I'd find out the process and do it on my own. And with BMW, getting PML to service your PI car is as easy as proving to BMW Asia that its a BMW with their engine and chassis number.

Not meant to rebutt anybody here; just my two cents worth.
Old 06-22-2006, 09:32 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='301818' date='Jun 23 2006, 01:14 PM
I've always believed in going to the dealership instead of PI. PIs are not really as "goodie two shoes" as you think they are. I know that certain PIs in Singapore import "classic" Mercs and fit Advantgarde parts here in Singapore. Whats the diff? Well, your OMV and scrap value suffers. There are many more tricks up their sleeves which you and I will not realise. Many brag about their "own" workshops. Are they really their own? Do they have the computers and diagnostic machines that Merc and BMW have? They will solve easy problems for you, but not the complex ones and if you keep going back to them like we do PML, then you see that their reaction will be very different.

I'd rather pay a few dollars more to whoever (authorised dealership) to get peace of mind. If they can't give me that, then like LMK says, just shut-up and never turn back again. If I really wanna do a PI, then I'd find out the process and do it on my own. And with BMW, getting PML to service your PI car is as easy as proving to BMW Asia that its a BMW with their engine and chassis number.

Not meant to rebutt anybody here; just my two cents worth.
my old x5 was a PI. I bot second hand. At that time, pml didnt bring in any x5 3.0 litre. only later did they bring it in. I didnt have problems with servicing at PML actually. The prev owner even got pml to retrofit nav.

i'm thinking of PI an x5 later. dunno if i should wait for the new model e70.. or get the current model e53.
could be a long wait.. for the e70. cos i don't believe in buying the 1st versions on the road. Like the e60, the 1st ones they brought in. had no xenons, no blinds.. ugly rims...etc.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:30 PM
Members

Originally Posted by lmk' post='301781' date='Jun 22 2006, 10:07 PM

go and listen to Bugaboo or Tategoi setups before plunging, both have nice ICE.

Or you can choose to have basic setup like mine:
A decent power amp, 12" subs and a good pair of speakers.

oh too late liao my babe is being iced up now.problem with me is im a very impulsive guy can not wait one.

this is it no more mods for me any more im banning my self from bmw.sg forum the mod bug is too virulent.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:34 PM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by 1628' post='301849' date='Jun 23 2006, 02:30 PM
oh too late liao my babe is being iced up now.problem with me is im a very impulsive guy can not wait one.

this is it no more mods for me any more im banning my self from bmw.sg forum the mod bug is too virulent.
show us tomorrow la!
Old 06-22-2006, 10:35 PM
Members

Originally Posted by lmk' post='301852' date='Jun 23 2006, 01:34 AM
show us tomorrow la!
just as impulsive as how i brought my e60 by sms and brought it on the same day.thats me

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans