E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 04:35 PM
Zig
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E39 525i, E60 530i, F10

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='279454' date='May 9 2006, 12:50 AM
Huh? Like that I'm dead.
Anyone looking to buy a 4 mth old M6?
I think they'll give you some leeway since they can tell that you have started to slow down already.

I was doing 120km/hr momentarily on a 60km/hr limit road. Actually I didn't intend to speed, I removed my feet on the accelerator paddle immediately when I noticed how fast I was travelling. I glided all the way till 100km/hr when I actually saw the camera and policeman about 100m in front of me! Then I stepped on my brakes and passed him at 70km/hr. I was booked for exceed the speed limit between 21 to 30 km/hr.
Old 05-08-2006, 05:03 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Nothing to boast about!

Has anyone experienced a thumping sound at the bottom of the front especially when going over humps? For the past couple months I have had that about 80% of the time I go over the humps. I vaguely remember seeing something like that in this forum. Got to go search now.
Old 05-08-2006, 05:14 PM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='279439' date='May 9 2006, 12:06 AM
I think I might have just have had my picture taken yesterday. The police located at overhead bridges now operate singly and not in pairs and thats where I got caught offguard. I was doing 130Km/h along Adam Rd when I noticed the figure of a man standing at the bridge just outside the Japanese Club. Didn't bother initially but the man never moved and so just to err on the side of caution, I began to slow down. It was about 200 - 300m away that I noticed that he was holding something and that is where I stamped on the brakes. In the end I was doing about 80 - 100Km/h when I passed him, dread.... Needless to say, my sixth sense was in the glove compartment at that time.

Anybody know the speed limit around there? I've already gotten myself 9 points driving this crazy car!!!
the limit is 70km/hr there. Totoseow should know better as he stays near that area.

1. i am sure your brakes are good, 4 lamp posts (est) before they can confirm that you are speeding.
2. any cars in front of you or behind you when you passed them? They need a certain distance to clarify that you speeding along with timings on the photos. But i am sure they did not use photo cam because...
3. i was there in the late afternoon yesterday too. my six sense told me to slow down and i did. i saw them.
4. i got caught there before, 8 points. travelling at 140km/h but was booked 21km/hr over. Of course i did slowed down but was too late. That was more than a year ago. Like you, my six sense was in the glove. Therefore whenever i pass that road, i will hynoptise myself to create some 6 sense before i drive.
5. the other road that was armed was PIE along Jalan Tao payoh yesterday. Hehe, that guy was aiming at me, but my 6 sense was looking up, so i sensed him before he sensed me. phew!

Good luck, hope that guy was only a Media corp cameraman trying to get some pics of an M6......
Old 05-08-2006, 05:16 PM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by Stranger' post='279671' date='May 9 2006, 09:03 AM
Has anyone experienced a thumping sound at the bottom of the front especially when going over humps? For the past couple months I have had that about 80% of the time I go over the humps. I vaguely remember seeing something like that in this forum. Got to go search now.
wah! are your suspensions/springs stock? or did you change tires lately? air pressure?
sounds like your shocks is giving up liao.
Old 05-08-2006, 06:03 PM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='279454' date='May 9 2006, 12:50 AM
Huh? Like that I'm dead.
Anyone looking to buy a 4 mth old M6?
Adam road near Japanese Assoc is notorious... never push it there.. it is a single man operation lately and he likes to hide by the skinny lamp post right above the height limit sign board. I got it back when they were still using tripod and big monster trapper by the road side. The road is is my daily commute to work.

Ai yah.. i also holding my breath, just yesterday i was cruising around 81-82kph on 70kph zone... along upper thomson and saw them on the bridge. the shittiest thing is that it is the bridge is in front of the Island walk neighborhood before i turn into my estate. Getting caught near home make you felt like shit.. doesn't it? anyway let's seeif i get booked or not. Hopefully i am still within the leeway.

I notice that they are holding what looked like a videa cam rather than a optical beaming device.
Old 05-08-2006, 06:04 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by lmk' post='279674' date='May 8 2006, 08:16 PM
wah! are your suspensions/springs stock? or did you change tires lately? air pressure?
sounds like your shocks is giving up liao.
My car 101% stock (well, except the interface). The thumping problem occured before I changed the tires; so that should not be the cause. Air pressure set at around 34psi/38psi. Or even 32psi/35psi before with the old tires.

Shocks ah? Hmm... I know I am heavy weight but not so much to cause them to wear so fast. That would be a "shock" to me cause I don't abuse the shocks/suspension leh ...
Old 05-08-2006, 06:09 PM
Senior Members

Disclaimer: Hearsay ...
Last week, my colleague told me his brother said if you had a ticket, just bring it to somewhere and it would be waived.

This week, I don't think that applies anymore.
Old 05-08-2006, 06:55 PM
Zig
Senior Members

My Ride: E39 525i, E60 530i, F10

Originally Posted by Stranger' post='279688' date='May 9 2006, 10:09 AM
Disclaimer: Hearsay ...
Last week, my colleague told me his brother said if you had a ticket, just bring it to somewhere and it would be waived.

This week, I don't think that applies anymore.
Disclaimer: Also hearsay ...
That depends on where you live. On some estates, it doesn't matter if its last week or this week.
Old 05-08-2006, 07:29 PM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by zag' post='279686' date='May 9 2006, 10:03 AM
Adam road near Japanese Assoc is notorious... never push it there.. it is a single man operation lately and he likes to hide by the skinny lamp post right above the height limit sign board. I got it back when they were still using tripod and big monster trapper by the road side. The road is is my daily commute to work.

Ai yah.. i also holding my breath, just yesterday i was cruising around 81-82kph on 70kph zone... along upper thomson and saw them on the bridge. the shittiest thing is that it is the bridge is in front of the Island walk neighborhood before i turn into my estate. Getting caught near home make you felt like shit.. doesn't it? anyway let's seeif i get booked or not. Hopefully i am still within the leeway.

I notice that they are holding what looked like a videa cam rather than a optical beaming device.
was it near the place / traffic junction we happened to meet?
the new PDA laser does look like a video cam.
what time was it? i was there too, near my office but i did not notice that there is someone standing there.
Old 05-08-2006, 07:40 PM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by Zig' post='279699' date='May 9 2006, 10:55 AM
Disclaimer: Also hearsay ...
That depends on where you live. On some estates, it doesn't matter if its last week or this week.
Disclaimer: Also hearsay from another hearsay ...

in order to support all supporters, those who caught speeding by radar above 20km/h along a 60 km/h road will be waived but this is restricted to some areas only.
but make sure no cctv are in sight!

http://media38b.libsyn.com/mXdveJl1cHyUdml...podcast_no6.mp3

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans