E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 07:52 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am just wondering what video interface you guys are using. I remember seeing somewhere that it was from Korea, but I could be mistaken, so I presume that it is not the one from navwithtv.com. Any comments on the video interface from navwithtv.com?

I just want to interface my iPod and make it easier to see the menu. I really doubt if BMW will come out with a proper iDrive interface.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:02 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by kopi_o' post='211438' date='Dec 15 2005, 12:52 PM
I am just wondering what video interface you guys are using. I remember seeing somewhere that it was from Korea, but I could be mistaken, so I presume that it is not the one from navwithtv.com. Any comments on the video interface from navwithtv.com?

I just want to interface my iPod and make it easier to see the menu. I really doubt if BMW will come out with a proper iDrive interface.
Here is the web-site:

www.doseongms.com
Old 12-14-2005, 08:17 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by BZSAB' post='211409' date='Dec 15 2005, 11:12 AM
As for sound quality, the volume is quite low and needs to be cranked up to almost full. Additionally, like what Ed Lee says, there is a whining sound (like aeroplane) especially during acceleration. The installer is confident that this can be solved. Again, it is due to the quality of the Tuner.
I must add that the installer is extremely helpful and professional. They will be back next Monday to fix the whining sound from the Tuner and to see if they can solve my iPod - VI issue.
BZSAB, either LMK or Bugaboo mentioned to me yesterday that the audio RCA should be connected from the tuner to the interface and then from the interface to the AUX-in. I believe here-in lies our problem because the installer actually ran the line all the way from the tuner into the AUX bypassing the interface. I intend to get the "Monster Cable" RCA line (both ends) and another with an AUX pin at one end and left/right RCA at the other end. Hope this will somehow reduce the humming, etc. This, of course will set me back another SGD 100.00 or so.

This may also solve your problem regarding no video/no audio. If you try right now, you'll notice that the vol control on the remote is not utilised and that is why I assume that the installer connected direct.

Although the installers are "helpful" and seem professional, we have to take what they say with a pinch of salt. It is human nature to blame a product for something we are unsure of; I'm afraid all of us are guilty of this somehow.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:32 PM
Senior Members

the interfaces you guys have is much more advanced than mine or lmk's. it can do audio even. damn cool.

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='211444
As for sound quality, the volume is quite low and needs to be cranked up to almost full. Additionally, like what Ed Lee says, there is a whining sound (like aeroplane) especially during acceleration. The installer is confident that this can be solved. Again, it is due to the quality of the Tuner.
I must add that the installer is extremely helpful and professional. They will be back next Monday to fix the whining sound from the Tuner and to see if they can solve my iPod - VI issue.
BZSAB, either LMK or Bugaboo mentioned to me yesterday that the audio RCA should be connected from the tuner to the interface and then from the interface to the AUX-in. I believe here-in lies our problem because the installer actually ran the line all the way from the tuner into the AUX bypassing the interface. I intend to get the "Monster Cable" RCA line (both ends) and another with an AUX pin at one end and left/right RCA at the other end. Hope this will somehow reduce the humming, etc. This, of course will set me back another SGD 100.00 or so.

This may also solve your problem regarding no video/no audio. If you try right now, you'll notice that the vol control on the remote is not utilised and that is why I assume that the installer connected direct.

Although the installers are "helpful" and seem professional, we have to take what they say with a pinch of salt. It is human nature to blame a product for something we are unsure of; I'm afraid all of us are guilty of this somehow.
[/quote]
Old 12-14-2005, 09:12 PM
Members

My Ride: E60 - 520i Dec 2004 built Previous 320i for 5 years

Originally Posted by bugaboo' post='211449
Originally Posted by BZSAB' post='211409' date='Dec 15 2005, 11:12 AM

[/quote]

Want to upgrade yours ?
Old 12-14-2005, 10:35 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 523iA

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='211444' date='Dec 15 2005, 01:17 PM

Ed,

Just checked with the installers again and they confirmed that the Audio from Tuner is connected directly to the Video Interface (see schematic attached)

Since I am still unsure of the cause of problem, I will be writing to the korean manufacturer. I will copy you on the mails.

Cheers,
Attached Files
File Type: ppt
Video_Interface.ppt (22.5 KB, 95 views)
Old 12-15-2005, 12:18 AM
Senior Members

in case anyone tried to sms me today with install/tvix questions, my phone's lcd cracked this morning. and I'm unable to read anything anymore.

anyone got lobang for hp6515 or bengQ p50 ? getting 1 urgently (this weekend)

thanks.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:40 AM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by bugaboo' post='211488' date='Dec 15 2005, 05:18 PM
in case anyone tried to sms me today with install/tvix questions, my phone's lcd cracked this morning. and I'm unable to read anything anymore.

thanks.
hey, get the new O2 Mini Atom with wifi or the new Sonyericsson W900i or wait for the Nokia N61
Old 12-15-2005, 04:35 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by lmk' post='211523

thanks.
hey, get the new O2 Mini Atom with wifi or the new Sonyericsson W900i or wait for the Nokia N61
[/quote]

i need a keypad bro. todo my emails. i use goodlink so wm2003.
Old 12-15-2005, 06:38 AM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by bugaboo' post='211544
Originally Posted by bugaboo' post='211488' date='Dec 15 2005, 05:18 PM

thanks.
i need a keypad bro. todo my emails. i use goodlink so wm2003.
[/quote]

hmm....in this case, get this :

http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=sg&...m=pp1&pid=10336

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans