E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 08:30 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Meng

I just want to have a reverse camera, I only need a video interface and a camera like the one above? What is the magnitude of monetary damage I am looking at?
Old 12-04-2005, 08:54 PM
Members

Originally Posted by tategoi' post='206578' date='Dec 4 2005, 12:04 AM
Hiya, my friend had finally decided on the Titanium Grey but was told Dec all sold out except for white. And January shipment onwards all 523 come with sun-roof and HUD as standard, but pricing not fixed yet. How can PML sells cars this way? "Sir, we only have white now, but if you want other colours, you have to wait till next year, and I don't know what price to charge you."

Can you guys help to check with your salespersons at PML please. Thanks.
Tategoi, my SA told me about this about 2 weeks back but according to him, the HUD and sunroof e60s will not be on the standard car - supposed to come in in limited numbers only. Having said that, I am not sure if he is saying that just to make me feel better since I just ordered the car from him. <_< I was also advised by him that the more heavily specced cars will cost "considerably" more.
Old 12-04-2005, 09:14 PM
Members

Originally Posted by lmk' post='206965' date='Dec 4 2005, 11:21 PM
HI All,

Glad to meet up with all of you and lots of chat and chats. Lots of laughter about the wing flaps!

If i have no chance to speak to each and everyone of you, my apologies.
But anytime, you may approach me for any doubts you have on the setup.

I see alot of new faces today, other than Zag, tategooi and Bugaboo, almost all are new! A very good sign.
managed to catch up with HUD the first time. Love the GPS display on fireplace's ride. And i kinda of love the "blue black" color you have. Honestly, for once i thought it was black initially, then i realised it was blue, finally, i realised it is Black!

Hope we can learn more of the E60 and the continuous improvements from BMW.

1628, if you use Garmin receiver ( from www.garmin.com) or enroute (also garmin) in a PC (like mine in VPC for minimac) you download maps free from www.malsingmaps.com they update the maps very frequently.

As i am leaving for BKK and HK next tuesday, the next 14 days i may not be able to reply any PM, but i will check occassionally.
Hi, It's great to witness all the possible gadgets and set up in E60s. I am interested in the TV function but not so much having a computer built in. Then again, the TV channels are limited.

Some of you were asking how much I paid for the HUD option. I have given wrong information and the HUD option cost an extra $5.5k. Voice control is another 1.6+K. The entire Sports Package is $14k.

Personally, I think the HUD for 5.5k is not worth it. Right now, it would be great if can squeeze more display options on the HUD. E.g., displaying gear position on HUD would be a neat feature to have but not sure if that's possible.
Old 12-04-2005, 09:31 PM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by bugaboo' post='207221
Originally Posted by bugaboo' post='207197' date='Dec 4 2005, 08:27 PM
stranger: yes. the reverse cam is just another video source. in order to display it on our built in screen, you need the video interface. i'm going to meet up with that guy later and pick it up. he charges $180 for it.
hey bugaboo - can you post a picture? (for some of us who cannot make it for the meet-ups )
and where can i get one?

thx
eugeneloke:
there are some pictures of it here.
http://community.webshots.com/album/514486003bhNBFB

the camera looks like this.
[/quote]

BUgaboo,

the one on the Z350 should be smaller than this.
i think only a third of the size shown here.

[QUOTE=Fireplace;207307]
Originally Posted by lmk' post='206965' date='Dec 4 2005, 11:21 PM

Personally, I think the HUD for 5.5k is not worth it. Right now, it would be great if can squeeze more display options on the HUD. E.g., displaying gear position on HUD would be a neat feature to have but not sure if that's possible.
i agree, there are only 2 functions basically. one is the speedo, the other is the GPS.
this is what i get from my 730i even without the HUD. i realised that the display on the HUD is the same on the 7er, it is becos i do not use the GPS on the 7 that often to realise that.
HUD will be nice with other functions such as idrive, radio and gear position. instead it came with the most unwelcome safety belt warning!
voice command will be nice with bluetooth phone.
and the push start will be nice with comfort access.

nevertheless, you got a nice car and i am sure you will love it by the day!
Old 12-04-2005, 09:57 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by tategoi' post='207287
BUgaboo,

the one on the Z350 should be smaller than this.
i think only a third of the size shown here.
lmk: yah. you're right. i took a closer look at the nissans' camera. is much smaller. i think have to go tye and ask. i heard they sell $350 plus $200 for install. dunno true or not.
Old 12-04-2005, 10:29 PM
Members

hi,

how much is the aux from pml and must they install
thanks
Old 12-04-2005, 10:40 PM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by bugaboo' post='207314
Meng

I just want to have a reverse camera, I only need a video interface and a camera like the one above? What is the magnitude of monetary damage I am looking at?
tategoi:
the video interface is about $400usd from lmk
camera is anything from $180-350 depending on which type u buy. the one in the picture i posted is $180. could be $160 maybe since more of u buy together.
install.. i think maybe $100?

Originally Posted by lmk' post='207310
hi,

thanks
in the range of abt 3 hundred plus.
Old 12-04-2005, 10:42 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Nothing to boast about!

Originally Posted by lmk' post='207320
hi,

thanks
in the range of abt 3 hundred plus.
[/quote]

I just asked. $480. Trying to see how use Zag's approach.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:32 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 523iA

I have this funny feeling that Wing Flaps is gonna stay in this thread for quite awhile!

Anyway, it was nice talking to you seasoned pros yesterday. From what I have seen yesterday, this is what I want to start with; TV Mobile, DVD HDD Player, and possibly a rear view camera. Is this the set up I need?

1. Aux Input from PML (see notes)
2. Video Interface @ US$400 (Already ordered by Edlee)
3. TV Mobile Tuner and Antenna @S$200 (from Sim Lim)
4. DVD HDD Player @ S$500 (from Sim Lim - Model?)
5. Line Driver @ approx S$100 (no idea where to get and what model)
6. Camera @ S$180 (no idea where to get)

Notes on PML: I dont know who Stranger spoke to at PML but I was quoted S$495 (inclusive of 10% discount) for the Aux input (from Alexandra Parts Dept). Would appreciate if Stranger can help.

On another note, I just found out that the currnt price for 523 is S$175K and it comes with Start Button as standard. Nothing on HUD and Sunroof.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:42 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Nothing to boast about!

Originally Posted by BZSAB' post='207325' date='Dec 5 2005, 03:32 AM
I have this funny feeling that Wing Flaps is gonna stay in this thread for quite awhile!

Anyway, it was nice talking to you seasoned pros yesterday. From what I have seen yesterday, this is what I want to start with; TV Mobile, DVD HDD Player, and possibly a rear view camera. Is this the set up I need?

1. Aux Input from PML (see notes)
2. Video Interface @ US$400 (Already ordered by Edlee)
3. TV Mobile Tuner and Antenna @S$200 (from Sim Lim)
4. DVD HDD Player @ S$500 (from Sim Lim - Model?)
5. Line Driver @ approx S$100 (no idea where to get and what model)
6. Camera @ S$180 (no idea where to get)

Notes on PML: I dont know who Stranger spoke to at PML but I was quoted S$495 (inclusive of 10% discount) for the Aux input (from Alexandra Parts Dept). Would appreciate if Stranger can help.

On another note, I just found out that the currnt price for 523 is S$175K and it comes with Start Button as standard. Nothing on HUD and Sunroof.
I called my Sales who in turn called the parts department. So my price is also from the Alexandra Parts Dept.

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans