E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 01:06 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BZSAB' post='210638' date='Dec 13 2005, 05:58 PM
A bit too late bugaboo! Already bought the iPod Video, iPod Universal Dock, and Car Charger. Apparently, AV cable is out of stock everywhere. Going to Sim Lim this evening to buy the TV mobile and try to get the AV Cable too. Wish me luck.

By the way, was informed by DY56 that there is a thread in this forum with pictures of an iPod on universal dock. Very neat and swee man. But must modify the ash tray and cigarette lighter.

i bought the av cable from funan apple store some weeks back.
belkin also makes the av cable. so maybe u can look for it.
http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage...oduct_Id=250226
Old 12-13-2005, 04:48 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 523iA

Originally Posted by bugaboo' post='210641' date='Dec 13 2005, 06:06 PM

I got the AV Cable from Sim Lim Towers. A generic one that cost $12. Was there with equinox to get the TV Mobile but San Ace was closed. Looks like I have to make another trip there tomorrow.

Planning to arrange for installer to come to my place tomorrow night. Crossing my fingers that all will work well
Old 12-13-2005, 05:58 AM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by BZSAB' post='210666

I got the AV Cable from Sim Lim Towers. A generic one that cost $12. Was there with equinox to get the TV Mobile but San Ace was closed. Looks like I have to make another trip there tomorrow.

Planning to arrange for installer to come to my place tomorrow night. Crossing my fingers that all will work well
[/quote]

BZ,

good luck!

i am enjoying the cold weather and good food in HK now.

better than Bugaboo, he must be freezing his butt off in Beijing!
Old 12-13-2005, 08:06 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Nothing to boast about!

Originally Posted by lmk' post='210675
Originally Posted by bugaboo' post='210641' date='Dec 13 2005, 06:06 PM

BZ,

good luck!

i am enjoying the cold weather and good food in HK now.

better than Bugaboo, he must be freezing his butt off in Beijing!
[/quote]

Hey, I might just bump into you in HK this Thurs (as if it were a small dot; ). Was in Xiamen the past 2 days; now in ShenZhen. Nice and cool weather so far.

Still trying to figure out what to put in, a PC or a Mac or none; just TV, and reverse cam. But I would just like to transfer all my songs into apple lossless, and forget about the CD changer and cranky single slot CD player. Then I can try getting GPS in also.

Still dreaming ...
Old 12-13-2005, 08:23 AM
Senior Members

Anyone else looking for I-Pod or Creative? I've got a friend (with a proper shop) who can supply these at group discounts if I can get some response. Pls PM me.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:49 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='210719' date='Dec 14 2005, 01:23 AM
Anyone else looking for I-Pod or Creative? I've got a friend (with a proper shop) who can supply these at group discounts if I can get some response. Pls PM me.
Hey Ed, how did your install go last nite? I am gonna schedule installation tonite. You just went with the TV Mobile rite? Where did the installer install the video interface and TV tuner? At the trunk or behind the monitor?
Old 12-13-2005, 05:55 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by BZSAB' post='210868
Hey Ed, how did your install go last nite? I am gonna schedule installation tonite. You just went with the TV Mobile rite? Where did the installer install the video interface and TV tuner? At the trunk or behind the monitor?
[/quote]

TV module was installed behind in the trunk. The interface is now located behind the monitor. Reception is very bad. I managed to receive something last night but when I tried to show off to my wife this morning, the word "no service" kept flashing. The audio bit was also bad. According to the installer, his wire may be faulty and I might just have to pop by your place tonight for him to replace it.
Old 12-13-2005, 06:52 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='210910
Originally Posted by Edlee' post='210719' date='Dec 14 2005, 01:23 AM
TV module was installed behind in the trunk. The interface is now located behind the monitor. Reception is very bad. I managed to receive something last night but when I tried to show off to my wife this morning, the word "no service" kept flashing. The audio bit was also bad. According to the installer, his wire may be faulty and I might just have to pop by your place tonight for him to replace it.
[/quote]

Ed,

Appointment made with installer for this evening. He should be at my place at 8:00pm. If you need to come over, do PM me for address. Others interested to view, PM me too.

Apple iPod users, any one of you know the best way to convert VCD and DVD for use with iPod. What software do I need (preferably free downloads)? Do advice. I am able to convert AVI files but is have trouble with VCD and DVDs.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:09 PM
Members

hey BZSAB. I just forwarded you the thread on the ipod dock installation.
check it out..
Old 12-13-2005, 07:36 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by DY56' post='210931' date='Dec 14 2005, 12:09 PM
hey BZSAB. I just forwarded you the thread on the ipod dock installation.
check it out..
Yes I already saw it! I also bought the Universal Dock yesterday. Lets see if I can get it installed. Otherwise, I will use it at home with my other iPods. By the way, I already bought the A/V cable for u. iPod is very smart! They change the connectors for the MiniJack so that you have to buy their "special" AV cables at higher price. The cables I bought will still work but instead of the Standard Yellow for Video, ours is White (Audio is Red and Yellow). Still works at 1/3 of the price.

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans