E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2005, 07:57 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lmk: i got my cam installed. I didnt use the original one i bought cos it was pal. didnt work on my video interface, all ntsc. i bought 1 from tye. same one that they used on the nissans. I got a bit more clean up to do. then will be swee swee.

have not had a chance to test it at night yet. in a dark car park... seems pretty bright.

click to thumbnails to view
Old 12-10-2005, 03:47 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Jeffs' post='209370
after driving the e60 for 2 years now... one conclusion everything is great but the transmission system SUCKS big time! It's so retarded I want to puke now! It wasn't that bad when CIP was ver 13.x
I agree!!!! That's why you should get the 6-spd manual.....then u only have yourself to blame *mostly*
[/quote]

I agree with Zag that after 2 years, the E60's characteristics have changed, its performance have deteriorated after a few software upgrades. My take is not just on the driving characteristics, but also others.

Take for example the remote key - when I first had the car, I could lock/unlock from a good distance, it even worked a little further when someone suggested placing the key under our chin! Now I have to walk relatively near before it could work ???!!!@@$%#

Arrrrr, the transmission; yes it sucks big time. I would rate it worst than my previous E39 (it's a 5-speed auto and athe E60's is a 6-speed, I understand), but still...... And once too often, you would have to press the damn accelerator all the way to feel the engine coming on

Take a look at the plastics in the cabin panels - within a year, it starts to peel (I don't suppose this happened to any other cars, do they? Be they Japs or Continentals???) And of course, the squeaks - a signature problem with E60s. Come to think of it, we are not hearing new owners complaining of this problem? Have they solved it???? Mine had the NEW seals that still squeaks and the ugly anti-friction Scotch Tape is still there :thumbsdown: My comfort seats are not so comfortable to my sensitive ears - the side bolsters is noisy

Old 12-10-2005, 05:14 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 523iA

Originally Posted by bugaboo' post='209439' date='Dec 10 2005, 12:36 PM
bz.

ipod video should be fine. you need to get the ipod av cable. and have your installer run that into your cabin.

2. no problem. get the right charging cable.

3. tvmobile tuner - $180 at sim lim tower. #B1-06,
Bugaboo,

1. I think iPod Video is the way I will go. I was browsing apple's site and came up with this cable
http://store.apple.com/1800-MY-APPLE/WebOb...rnMore=M9765G/A

As Apple did not mention the length of cable, what should I do? Else, can installer provide a suitable cable?

2. Is this the right charging cable?
http://store.apple.com/1800-MY-APPLE/WebOb...plm=T8881LL%2FA

Can installer customize the cigarette lighter end and have it permanently connected to vehicle's battery? Again, there is no mention of the length of cable.

3. Thanks for info on TV Mobile

Apologize for the barrage of questions but I really cant wait to get things going.

Cheers,
Old 12-10-2005, 06:54 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by BZSAB' post='209538
bz.

ipod video should be fine. you need to get the ipod av cable. and have your installer run that into your cabin.

2. no problem. get the right charging cable.

3. tvmobile tuner - $180 at sim lim tower. #B1-06,
Bugaboo,

1. I think iPod Video is the way I will go. I was browsing apple's site and came up with this cable
http://store.apple.com/1800-MY-APPLE/WebOb...rnMore=M9765G/A

As Apple did not mention the length of cable, what should I do? Else, can installer provide a suitable cable?

2. Is this the right charging cable?
http://store.apple.com/1800-MY-APPLE/WebOb...plm=T8881LL%2FA

Can installer customize the cigarette lighter end and have it permanently connected to vehicle's battery? Again, there is no mention of the length of cable.

3. Thanks for info on TV Mobile

Apologize for the barrage of questions but I really cant wait to get things going.

Cheers,
[/quote]

hi bz:
i have an ipod video for travelling. I dunno if I would like to fiddle around with the ipod while driving. and the ipod only does mp4 and H.264 video format. But its a personal preference. If you like it, you can do it.

1 & 2: i think there are several companies who make these cables. I know belkin also makes it.
Length wise, the installer can lengthen it for you i thnk and run it to where you would like it.
Old 12-10-2005, 06:43 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Olivin530i' post='209522' date='Dec 10 2005, 08:47 PM
............... And of course, the squeaks - a signature problem with E60s. Come to think of it, we are not hearing new owners complaining of this problem? Have they solved it???? Mine had the NEW seals that still squeaks and the ugly anti-friction Scotch Tape is still there :thumbsdown: My comfort seats are not so comfortable to my sensitive ears - the side bolsters is noisy

I wonder if your front passenger seat emits flapping noise at certain frequencies when resonance occurs. It sounds like trrrrrrrrr as in 2 pieces of paper slapping one another very rapidly. However, when someone sitting on the seat the noise does not appear. Buckling up the seat belt does not solve the problem, so seat belt is not the source. Someone said it is due to the mechanism inside the seat and requires PML to take the whole seat out and tighten every loose parts.
Old 12-11-2005, 03:43 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by tategoi' post='209844
............... And of course, the squeaks - a signature problem with E60s. Come to think of it, we are not hearing new owners complaining of this problem? Have they solved it???? Mine had the NEW seals that still squeaks and the ugly anti-friction Scotch Tape is still there :thumbsdown: My comfort seats are not so comfortable to my sensitive ears - the side bolsters is noisy

I wonder if your front passenger seat emits flapping noise at certain frequencies when resonance occurs. It sounds like trrrrrrrrr as in 2 pieces of paper slapping one another very rapidly. However, when someone sitting on the seat the noise does not appear. Buckling up the seat belt does not solve the problem, so seat belt is not the source. Someone said it is due to the mechanism inside the seat and requires PML to take the whole seat out and tighten every loose parts.
[/quote]
There is the possibility that the plastic parts beneath the seat is rattling . I just discovered that one of those plastic can actually be moved laterally and it could resonate at some frequency.

Talking about mouldings peeling - just discovered another couple parts peeling while cleaning the interior. The parts are sort of coated to matte the surface but the technique is far from perfect :thumbsdown: . Very annoying. How can BMW assure us that after replacement, that same part is not going to peel after warranty is over??
Old 12-11-2005, 04:29 AM
Members

My Ride: E60 - 520i Dec 2004 built Previous 320i for 5 years

Originally Posted by Olivin530i' post='209943
Originally Posted by Olivin530i' post='209522' date='Dec 10 2005, 08:47 PM

There is the possibility that the plastic parts beneath the seat is rattling . I just discovered that one of those plastic can actually be moved laterally and it could resonate at some frequency.

Talking about mouldings peeling - just discovered another couple parts peeling while cleaning the interior. The parts are sort of coated to matte the surface but the technique is far from perfect :thumbsdown: . Very annoying. How can BMW assure us that after replacement, that same part is not going to peel after warranty is over??
[/quote]

I have the same problem when the car is at low speed and with radio off. The sound is noticable if the radio is off. Going back to PML for have this sorted out.
Old 12-11-2005, 04:40 PM
Senior Members

Raise the passenger seat to the fullest and have somebody seated in the rear; if the sound is coming from the bottom of the seat, it can be heard more clearly that way. It can also possibly reveal more!
Old 12-11-2005, 10:25 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 523iA

LMK, Bugaboo,

OK! I have decided to go with the iPOD Video, TV Mobile setup for my ride. I dont really mind the reduced resolution of MP4 since we are using small screens anyway.

All I need to do now is to buy the iPOD Video (30G + cables (AV and Charger) and TV Mobile Tuner/Antenna.

Can you please offer details of your installer? If all goes well, I will send car with accessories in to installer this Friday.

Cheers,
Old 12-11-2005, 11:46 PM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by BZSAB' post='210190' date='Dec 12 2005, 03:25 PM
LMK, Bugaboo,

OK! I have decided to go with the iPOD Video, TV Mobile setup for my ride. I dont really mind the reduced resolution of MP4 since we are using small screens anyway.

All I need to do now is to buy the iPOD Video (30G + cables (AV and Charger) and TV Mobile Tuner/Antenna.

Can you please offer details of your installer? If all goes well, I will send car with accessories in to installer this Friday.

Cheers,

please check with Edlee

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans