E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 10:01 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by equinox' post='205554' date='Dec 1 2005, 02:35 PM
ok guys, jus been in touched with DMS Automotive's Mike Cooper.

He advised that Rob might have gotten the DMS engine tuning upgrade done up for the new valvetronic engines on the 523i, etc.

Rob will be in KL/ Singapore area during first or 2nd week of Dec. So they would also like to know how many 523i might be keen on doing this upgrade so as they can plan their schedule here accordingly.
I think they should be able to do the other new Valvetronic engines as well. Will check and revert back with more details.

So u guys think about it and decide.... free up some hidden horses and torque....

cheerios!
If DMS can upgrade the 523i to give the power of the 525i then I will be first in line! Hiop still cannot give a definitive answer so I am not going to wait! Please let us know when and where!
Old 11-30-2005, 10:06 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by kopi_o' post='205578

He advised that Rob might have gotten the DMS engine tuning upgrade done up for the new valvetronic engines on the 523i, etc.

Rob will be in KL/ Singapore area during first or 2nd week of Dec. So they would also like to know how many 523i might be keen on doing this upgrade so as they can plan their schedule here accordingly.
I think they should be able to do the other new Valvetronic engines as well. Will check and revert back with more details.

So u guys think about it and decide.... free up some hidden horses and torque....

cheerios!
If DMS can upgrade the 523i to give the power of the 525i then I will be first in line! Hiop still cannot give a definitive answer so I am not going to wait! Please let us know when and where!
[/quote]

yah. whats the gain? and how much?
Old 11-30-2005, 10:10 PM
Members

Originally Posted by equinox' post='205554' date='Dec 1 2005, 01:35 PM

cheerios!
I would definitely like to find out more. I am getting my 523i soon and since it is brand new, I would likely go for it only if it does not screw up the warranty - you know how those PML blokes can be....
Old 11-30-2005, 10:48 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Jellyfish1' post='205581' date='Dec 1 2005, 04:10 PM
I would definitely like to find out more. I am getting my 523i soon and since it is brand new, I would likely go for it only if it does not screw up the warranty - you know how those PML blokes can be....
For sure the warranty will be affected. If DMS had a local agent then the ECU could be reverted to "normal" before sending to PML. However that is not possible, which is the main reason I was going to use Hiop. But then they still can't get their act together.... I guess it is a calculated risk. My car is 4 weeks old but I am keen to investigate further
Old 11-30-2005, 11:36 PM
Members

For sure the warranty will be affected. If DMS had a local agent then the ECU could be reverted to "normal" before sending to PML. However that is not possible, which is the main reason I was going to use Hiop. But then they still can't get their act together.... I guess it is a calculated risk. My car is 4 weeks old but I am keen to investigate further
[/quote]

I guess I am in the same boat as you... In the event that you have some success with Hiop, please keep us informed! Thanks in advance.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:29 AM
Senior Members

I vote for Sunday, 4th Dec at 4pm.

1. lmk
2. bugaboo
4. BZSAB
5. Stranger (will try very very hard; sunday 3-5pm I normally konk out ...)
6. yankee
7. Fireplace (Tentative)
8. Equinox
9. Tategoi (also tentative)

We have yet to decide on location for this mini e60 meetup to check out the minimac/ video interface mod, etc. Shall we do it back at the usual kallang macdonalds open space carpark (so tat we can buy drinks, etc from macdonalds). Or do u guys prefer it to be at the Fort Road Carpark?
I vote for Kallang Mac.

BTW, can someone post a picture of Titanium Grey II please. A friend who I am sure is lurking in this forum is undecided whether to get TGII or Silver Grey.
Old 12-01-2005, 04:10 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Nothing to boast about!

Originally Posted by tategoi' post='205627' date='Dec 1 2005, 07:29 AM
BTW, can someone post a picture of Titanium Grey II please. A friend who I am sure is lurking in this forum is undecided whether to get TGII or Silver Grey.
I remember there was a discussion on TGI and TGII. I am not sure if this is TGII but I understand the difference is very slight. You can see the photos at the information side of this forum.

http://www.e60.net/information/options/ext.../titanium_gray/

Other than Chiaretto Red, this is another rare colour here. I have only spotted it a few times. Looks like a piece of charcoal.
Old 12-01-2005, 05:12 AM
Members

[img][QUOTE=tategoi;205627]I vote for Sunday, 4th Dec at 4pm.

1. lmk
2. bugaboo
4. BZSAB
6. yankee
7. Fireplace (Tentative)
8. Equinox

We have yet to decide on location for this mini e60 meetup to check out the minimac/ video interface mod, etc. Shall we do it back at the usual kallang macdonalds open space carpark (so tat we can buy drinks, etc from macdonalds). Or do u guys prefer it to be at the Fort Road Carpark?
I vote for Kallang Mac.

tategoi
i have attached a pic of my T Gray but as you can tell it is a bad pic.
hope this helps.

[img][QUOTE=tategoi;205627]I vote for Sunday, 4th Dec at 4pm.

1. lmk
2. bugaboo
4. BZSAB
6. yankee
7. Fireplace (Tentative)
8. Equinox
10. DY56

I vote for Kallang Mac.

Old 12-01-2005, 06:24 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by DY56' post='205642' date='Dec 1 2005, 10:12 PM
I have a Silver Grey E46 320. IMO the TGII is a much fresher looking colour. The Silver Grey tends to look jaded after a while.
Old 12-01-2005, 08:10 AM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

i beg to differ!
TG II is nice color but some said it a tad greenish under certain lighting spectrum. It's less on the road so yr friend should go for it.

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans