E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 11:54 PM
lmk
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BZSAB' post='207325' date='Dec 5 2005, 04:32 PM
I have this funny feeling that Wing Flaps is gonna stay in this thread for quite awhile!

Anyway, it was nice talking to you seasoned pros yesterday. From what I have seen yesterday, this is what I want to start with; TV Mobile, DVD HDD Player, and possibly a rear view camera. Is this the set up I need?

1. Aux Input from PML (see notes)
2. Video Interface @ US$400 (Already ordered by Edlee)
3. TV Mobile Tuner and Antenna @S$200 (from Sim Lim)
4. DVD HDD Player @ S$500 (from Sim Lim - Model?)
5. Line Driver @ approx S$100 (no idea where to get and what model)
6. Camera @ S$180 (no idea where to get)

Notes on PML: I dont know who Stranger spoke to at PML but I was quoted S$495 (inclusive of 10% discount) for the Aux input (from Alexandra Parts Dept). Would appreciate if Stranger can help.

On another note, I just found out that the currnt price for 523 is S$175K and it comes with Start Button as standard. Nothing on HUD and Sunroof.
what is a line driver and what is it for?
oh yes, the wing flaps will go on for as long as BMW exists!
Old 12-05-2005, 12:04 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by lmk' post='207329' date='Dec 5 2005, 04:54 PM
the line driver is to amplify the output before going into the aux in. I noticed my aux in was a little soft compared to the other audio sources (fm/cd). so when i switched from aux to fm, fm was always a little too loud. now its balanced. this is optional.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:13 AM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by lmk
Originally Posted by BZSAB' post='207325' date='Dec 5 2005, 04:32 PM

On another note, I just found out that the currnt price for 523 is S$175K and it comes with Start Button as standard. Nothing on HUD and Sunroof.
for 523i, 175K for push start, 166K for standard key start. 525i, 216K. price could be better if u r in the know. like someone here always have a loaner when sending in his car for service....i am going to try my luck when i send in my 730i...

Originally Posted by bugaboo' post='207330
the line driver is to amplify the output before going into the aux in. I noticed my aux in was a little soft compared to the other audio sources (fm/cd). so when i switched from aux to fm, fm was always a little too loud. now its balanced. this is optional.
i see, balanced output.

but for BZsab, unless he has a power amp like you, if not he will be able to hook his aux and balance with the FM. correct me if i am wrong.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:16 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by lmk
Originally Posted by lmk' date='Dec 5 2005, 04:54 PM' post='207329
[quote name='BZSAB' post='207325' date='Dec 5 2005, 04:32 PM']

for 523i, 175K for push start, 166K for standard key start. 525i, 216K. price could be better if u r in the know. like someone here always have a loaner when sending in his car for service....i am going to try my luck when i send in my 730i...

Originally Posted by bugaboo' post='207330
i see, balanced output.

but for BZsab, unless he has a power amp like you, if not he will be able to hook his aux and balance with the FM. correct me if i am wrong.
[/quote]

not sure leh. its something that can be added on later. definitely not critical piece.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:16 AM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

[/quote]

i see, balanced output.

[/quote]

is there balanced output for the aux in? i think bug is referring to amplified output rather still rca jack but thru the bottom of ipod connector.
Any gadgets worth getting while in Tokyo area?
Old 12-05-2005, 12:32 AM
lmk
Contributors

OK guys, latest!

523 now come with limited units of HUD/Sunroof/Black wood trim/start stop button. Going 4 $183k. All 523 will c/w 3% rebate!

Originally Posted by zag
i see, balanced output.

[/quote]

is there balanced output for the aux in? i think bug is referring to amplified output rather still rca jack but thru the bottom of ipod connector.
[/quote]

Exactly, first of all, u need a power amp to drive first. to amplifier any signal, u need an amplifier. So in order to balance the output into the amp, you can match the impendence of the input level.
So, if BZsab does not have an amp, the driver became an useless device.

[/quote]

[/quote]

u can try Akiharbara. take a JR from any station and the Aki station is at the heart of the shopping area with electronics and car accessories. U going?
Old 12-05-2005, 12:37 AM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by lmk
u can try Akiharbara. take a JR from any station and the Aki station is at the heart of the shopping area with electronics and car accessories. U going?
[/quote]

================================================== ==================

Me going japan end of the month, any latest and greatest car accessories or gadgets to pick up from there that are not available locally?

Yes, I am familiar with Akihabara, there is one hi-fi shop that carries everthing high-end under on roof... no where else in the world can find that. Fun to just walk around that area and window shop.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:54 AM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by zag
Originally Posted by lmk' date='Dec 5 2005, 05:32 PM' post='207336

================================================== ==================

Me going japan end of the month, any latest and greatest car accessories or gadgets to pick up from there that are not available locally?

Yes, I am familiar with Akihabara, there is one hi-fi shop that carries everthing high-end under on roof... no where else in the world can find that. Fun to just walk around that area and window shop.
[/quote]

Ha! it is my favourite in tokyo and Den Den in Osaka. the one roof shop is Laox, but their music drives me nuts, it keep on playing on and on the same tune! But this is Japan.

OK, Gentlemen! Doors are closed for those wish to buy the video interface.
this is to facilitate faster shipment for those who had placed the order with Edlee.

We will create another group buy again once the demand is up again, for those newbies who wish to get onto the bandwagon.

Next, i will call my installer and inform him of your installation.
I will PM his mobile number once i inform him of your installation.
Old 12-05-2005, 03:28 AM
Members

Originally Posted by lmk
OK guys, latest!

523 now come with limited units of HUD/Sunroof/Black wood trim/start stop button. Going 4 $183k. All 523 will c/w 3% rebate!

Originally Posted by zag' date='Dec 5 2005, 05:16 PM' post='207334
i see, balanced output.

[/quote]

Exactly, first of all, u need a power amp to drive first. to amplifier any signal, u need an amplifier. So in order to balance the output into the amp, you can match the impendence of the input level.
So, if BZsab does not have an amp, the driver became an useless device.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hmm..For $183k ($177k after 3% rebate), the price is still about $10-12k from existing stocks (heard as low as $165k). Technically, you are paying for the extra options of HUD and Sunroof. I believe Start/Stop is now standard for Sep production onwards, and no longer an option. Heard the option for Comfort Access can set you off by almost $5k? Rediculous!
Old 12-05-2005, 04:52 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by zag' post='207337' date='Dec 5 2005, 03:37 AM

Zag, going to Japan eh? Get the new Sony VPL-VW100 projector, the most awesome home theater projector at the moment. 15000:1 contrast ratio, full 1080p HDTV resolution

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans