E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 05:54 PM
zag
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by Guest_sg520i' date='Mar 9 2004, 08:25 PM
Kiasu,

you seldom drive your car izzit? I took delivery of my car later than you...now already 4500!

Hey...mine got problem leh. Yesterday, petrol run low. So I went into station to pump lor. After that...turn out of station...car v jerky for awhile. Like no petrol leh. Second problem is the boot. Sometimes the key cannot open the boot...sometime can. Intermittent. Next is the window sensor. Anti- duno what to prevent from clamping your hand...the warning light came off...after "reboot" the car ok liao. Like microsoft huh.

I advise for those who take delivery soon...check your doors if they are fixed properly. My friend and I both driver side door didn't fix properly leh. Protruding out. Also check if you have dead pixel on the screen. Turn the display off and make sure you see only black screen. If there is something else on the screen...scream..

cheers.
regarding the boot...
i experience the same but i have figured out it is due to hardware setting that doesn't multitask. for eg if you just lock or unlock the door and immediately press the boot release button.. it won't response. if you notice, once you unlock the door, there is some actuation sound in the engine bay somewhere. dunno what the hell the electronic is doing. i suspect system power on check.

Active steering... there is no going back! drove a friend's e39 the other day..
man! that was hard work and feels dated! the whole interior look so dated (no offence to e39 owners!)

i have 6200km on the dial and 14000km to service! shoot that was fast!
maybe i am pushing it too hard!

only thing i felt that wasn't so right is the hesitation on kick down, i felt the auto tran is slow now. do you guys feel that?
Old 03-09-2004, 06:12 PM
Members

sg520i, ya, my car very under-utilised. I out of the country very often. The jerky feeling happend to my car once or twice. Not sure what caused it. NO other problem encountered.
Old 03-09-2004, 06:13 PM
Members

Zag,

yeah...i heard the actuation sound oso. Even when i washed the rims...i oso heard some funny sound. Something like locking and unlocking. I think this car is still not v stable in terms of electronic settings...maybe should wait for a year for it to stabilise.

Another incident is the autolocking. It locks thrice when I moved off. Strange...but only happened once.

heh heh...active steering is real good. I like it. But those minor glitches really make me piss off.

Cheers.
Old 03-09-2004, 06:15 PM
Members

Zag, agree with you. Car feel more sluggish than when I first got it. May be it is psychological. The pedal also feel heavier than at first. I think we are all too pampered after having too much of a good thing. It's just like if you eat sharks fin and bird nest too often, you also feel they no longer taste so good!
Old 03-09-2004, 06:16 PM
Members

kiasu,

could it be only 520i? Looks like other big guys don't have this problem. From standstill, if you pedal hard, you find it draggy. Underpower could be the main cause? I am not sure. I don't expect 520i to behave be like this. How abt your e39? Do you have jerky problem as well? I got no time to send in to check up. I am consolidating all the problems.

Cheers.
Old 03-09-2004, 06:18 PM
Members

I don't eat sharkfin and birdnest so often....so they are always tasty to me
Old 03-09-2004, 06:18 PM
Members

sg520i, my E39 got not such problem. It felt very solid and heavy although the steering is also very heavy. I think most of the problem is caused by the very advanced space-age technology in the E60.
Old 03-09-2004, 06:22 PM
Members

are you going to live with the jerky feeling? damn it man...y i always got problems with conti cars. My wife suggested to me...dump conti buy jap and GUCCI(rem...ur wife fav as well ). She is so sick of my complaints abt the conti car...
Old 03-09-2004, 06:31 PM
Senior Members

have not experienced any of those probs mentioned! i think u guys shld bring it to PML for a through check up,dun let it slide.
Old 03-09-2004, 06:33 PM
Senior Members

just wondering whether PML informs their customers if there are any software upgrades.......they should since almost everything is governed by electronics and the i-drive system...

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans