E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2004, 01:14 AM
zag
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!
Bummer! LCD process is so advanced already and for an 8" panel it should be defect free. I can understand for a 20 inch panel to be governed by 99.99% defect free spec not an 8" though. How many dead pixel can you count? Was it dead right after you drove off or you were happy for a few days and this guy died on you after that?
Old 02-04-2004, 01:21 AM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

After driving for two months and 4000km.... Here are some other observations i felt BMW should have designed better:

1. The center console lid should open sideway instead. My driving position is very foward (habit picked up from BMW advanced driver training ) so i have to reach back all the time and pretty cumbersome.
2. The ilumminated fan speed grid 1 to 3 and fog light switch are obscured from driving position. almost have to feel around to swtich on the fog lamp.
3. Never mind the cup holder. it needs an advanced level qi gong to push the button to retract.
4. Fuel tank filler . watch out for the pump attendant shoving in the petrol nozzle all the way into your filler pipe. the nozzle handle portion will hit the car body.
Since i pump only at mobile that's my experience not sure about other pump stns.
5. the passenger side rear view mirror tilt down should be made adjustable like the e46 or other earlier models. currently too much tilt down and I can't do a darn thing during reversing.
6. i-drive display should be user settable to display various user preferences such as entertainment or phone instead of the stupid menu all the time. BMW logo will be nice even.

other than those the car is fantastic! the angels eyes never failed to attract attentions at pedestrian traffic lights!

cheers.
Old 02-06-2004, 05:37 AM
SuperBoss

Originally Posted by 520i' date='Dec 20 2003, 09:24 PM
wow...i tink you got the cheapest deal so far. I got mine at 198K. I m runing my own biz in china and hong kong.
Hi...Please advise your comments for 520i(E60).Becos, I am intending to buy one!!
Who is your sale guy/girls so i can discuss?? Tks
Old 02-06-2004, 07:55 AM
Members

almost have to feel around to swtich on the fog lamp.
Why do u need fog lamps in Singapore?
Old 02-07-2004, 12:18 AM
Senior Members

Finally ordered my 530i today....extra stuff: dynamic drive, moonroof, professional radio, 124 rims with 245 tyres all around.

Now for the loooooong wait till May....that's the hardest part

eggz
Old 02-07-2004, 04:42 AM
Members

Hello SuperBoss,

You can approach Teo Tian Seng or Hing Lung. They will give you $4K discount upfront. If you have purchased a bmw before, you will get further discount. If your company is in the corporate listing, another discount. So all in all....many discounts!

zag,

i got one dead pixel. It is very obvious cos it is in blue color. I am still waiting for the replacement. The angel eye is cool....head turn and turn....
Old 02-07-2004, 04:43 AM
Dude

I have been reading this post with a lot of interest since I took the plunge and bought the 520. Looking to pick up my "aerospace" car after they trash it between 24-28 Feb. Prior to this owned three VWs and a Saab - never wanted to own something that was too mainstream...until I test drove the E60 (I made it a point to test drive no less than 15 cars in the $200,000 range before deciding). It is one SA-WEET driving machine. The only thing is that the damn wheels look too small - especially the puny 16' alloys on the 520. Kinda reminds me of the ridiculous foldable bikes with the adult sized frame and kiddie wheels on the East Coast! It almost screams "cheap b**tard buy the 525 at least". Sorry way out of budget. Now comes my point...what wheels to get? Some shops are bringing in some E60 replica rims from Europe that looks pretty damn good. Good value - allowing me to splurge on some good tyres - P-Zeros and Michelin Pilots (stay clear of the useless Contis!!!). What do you think? Also, anyone fitted any after-market reverse sensors? How are they holding up? Where do you get them done? Having said that, I really don't like the idea of some drill-happy guy drilling holes in my bumper.
Old 02-07-2004, 04:49 AM
Members

Super boss,

forget to comment on 520i. First, don't forget to change the rims to 17 inch. The standard is ugly

Overall, the car is solid! Handling is good. It looks bulky cos the doors are bigger now. If you park e60 beside a e39, you will see the difference. More metal now. 7km/1L petrol consumption. Many ppl complaint about the cup holder but I have no problem with it. Mine is good. As mentioned, the angel eyes are cool. If you can afford, go for xenon light. I think reverse sensor is a must...cos the car is hard to judge when reverse. I regretted not getting this. Remember to go for run-flat tyres. It is useful. Engine is old double vanos. It is smooth like silk. The best engine ever...trust me...get one.

Old 02-07-2004, 04:51 AM
Members

hello dude,

my advise to you. Go for original factory fitted bmw parts. No point go for third party stuffs. You will regret. It doesn't look good and finally, doesn't integrate well into your car.
Old 02-07-2004, 05:24 AM
Senior Members

eggz....congrats...we hv almost identical xtras.

think rest of us shud form a mini bmw e60 club.....n meet for coffee...or perhaps a drive up 2nd causeway...for gas...

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans