E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2004, 12:29 AM
sgdude

what sound system does the 520i come with?is it the standard set up or the HIFi system? How many speakers is that?
Old 02-09-2004, 12:38 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Ed,

I would say it affect slightly...but not too bad. 16" is the best...ride comfortably and less noise. Try to monitor the tyre pressure frequently...not to over inflated the tyres...it will be very bumpy. You should test drive 525, 530 and 520 in pml...you should be able to tell the difference.

hello dude,
I really don't know about the sound system...i think it is standard. Usually I don't bother too much about the sound system because I spend very little time in car. Also....i can't tell the difference between premium and standard... what i bother most is the gadgets and handling....wow...so gd.
Old 02-09-2004, 12:38 AM
Members

Hi Ed,

I would say it affect slightly...but not too bad. 16" is the best...ride comfortably and less noise. Try to monitor the tyre pressure frequently...not to over inflated the tyres...it will be very bumpy. You should test drive 525, 530 and 520 in pml...you should be able to tell the difference.

hello dude,
I really don't know about the sound system...i think it is standard. Usually I don't bother too much about the sound system because I spend very little time in car. Also....i can't tell the difference between premium and standard... what i bother most is the gadgets and handling....wow...so gd.
Old 02-09-2004, 03:55 AM
Members

Hi Superboss, do not listen to what the crap merc salesperson told you about feeling giddy sitting at the back of the E60. When I went to test drive the E200, the fat and ugly saleswoman spent the whole time talking bad about the E60 when I told her I would make a decision on E200 or E60 after testing driving both. I think the some of the merc sale persons are down right unprofessional and uncouth. The BMW sales persons are more refined and cultured. My wife has motion sickness but she never complaint she felt giddy sitting at the back of my E60 520i.
Old 02-09-2004, 06:17 AM
Senior Members

superboss its the way one drives....if u drive like a mad man...swinging all over...then i think only a tank wun make u giddy.

actually a beemer has stiffer suspension for sports driving...contrary to a merc which has a softer comfy suspension. when ur suspension is softer like the merc..ur car tends to roll more....that body-roll will induce giddyness.

m i right bros?
Old 02-09-2004, 07:10 AM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by Guest_Kiasu King' date='Feb 9 2004, 06:55 AM
Hi Superboss,? do not listen to? what the crap merc salesperson told you about feeling giddy sitting at the back of the E60. When I went to test drive the E200, the fat and ugly saleswoman spent the whole time talking bad about the E60 when I told her I would make a decision on E200 or E60 after testing driving both. I think the some of the merc sale persons are down right unprofessional and uncouth. The BMW sales persons are more refined and cultured. My wife has motion sickness but she never complaint she felt giddy sitting at the back of my E60 520i.?
One thing I could think of...
this could be due to lower sitting position relative to the window line in the new e60. the door panel to window screen ratio is much higher than other makes i think. A typical size adult would have his shoulder line just a bit over the glass window therefore gave some folks a claustophobic effect thus potential motion sickness etc. etc.
btw.. my wife doesn't complain about that either!

i agree for a merc salespeople to claim this either from their own experience or quoting others' to attack their competition marque is totally unprofessional.
My goodneess... they should sell their car based own merit which is a respectable one or they feel so threaten. Hm!
Old 02-09-2004, 05:17 PM
Members

I may know why they feel giddy. Probably they are crusing on the 530i with the curtain shut. You know, when you are sitting behind, and you shut the curtain, you tend to feel giddy cos you can't really see what is outside. You can try...
Old 02-10-2004, 03:48 AM
Members

Sg520i, hahahha, that's a good one. I think if you drive the E60 with your eyes shut, you will not only feel giddy but have a big headache when the car plunges into the longkang.
Old 02-10-2004, 03:52 AM
Members

Old 02-10-2004, 05:13 AM
Dude

Anyone out there with 18' wheels on their 520? Anything smaller than 18' looks too puny for the large body. I am however concerned about major sacrifices in car performance. I was told 17' is as far as the 520i should go.

Heard that BMW Asia will be pulling the plug on authorised BMW dealers. All cars sold will only be from PML - they don't want Ah Bengs reepresenting the marque. Man! Tian Seng and Mr Tanglin must be pissed. All this means that the Beemers are going to cost more, henceforth. Sales of Beemers > Mercs for the first time in Asia - the PML sales force are now celebrating the demise of the dealers.

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans