E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2004, 06:36 AM
zag
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by eggz' date='Feb 7 2004, 03:18 AM
Finally ordered my 530i today....extra stuff: dynamic drive, moonroof, professional radio, 124 rims with 245 tyres all around.

Now for the loooooong wait till May....that's the hardest part?

eggz
eggz,
congrats! man.. you going to love this car and the wait will worth all the while!
did you get the sport steering wheel ala 5454i as well? i am waiting for the option to availble to get that retrofited for my ride.
any more updates on blue tooth? is it true it is prewired on all e60s and ready for software turn on?

530i,
good idea! I am game on mini e60 club . i am looking for a good excuse to cross the causeway to stretch my e60's 'legs".

one comment on PDC of the e60.. i think for now post production installation still an issue short of replacing the whole bumper assembly front and rear.
after market sensor will not integrate well with the idrive as the original's has a visual plus stereophonic audio alert. well unless audio alert is ok for some.

cheers
Old 02-07-2004, 06:53 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by zag' date='Feb 7 2004, 09:36 AM
did you get the sport steering wheel ala 5454i as well? i am waiting for the option to availble to get that retrofited for my ride.
any more updates on blue tooth? is it true it is prewired on all e60s and ready for software turn on?

530i,
good idea! I am game on mini e60 club . i am looking for a good excuse to cross the causeway to stretch my e60's 'legs".

h
Hi zag, Thanks, can't wait to join the E60 club. I didn't get the sports steering wheel. Figured that since there is active steering already which makes it very fast at low speed, having the sports steering will make it even faster. My wife is afraid she'll have problems getting used to it.

530i, yeah, quite similar spec to yours except no Logic7, I'm all dried up man, no more cash! I was even tempted to swap the comfort seats for the regular ones (-$3.6K) and use the savings for through loading and Logic7 upgrade, but decided not to in the end.

Latest on bluetooth is that it's still awaiting IDA approval, but PML will not confirm if retro-fit is possible, they just say there is a good chance. Oh well we'll just have to keep our fingers crossed. In my mind, it's the coolest option after dynamic drive.

eggz
Old 02-07-2004, 07:05 AM
Senior Members

Heard good news for 525i buyers. From Feb. 2004, all 525i coming to Singapore will have Xenons as standard with no extra charge. Very cool! According to the sales person, BMW has a habit for making some of the options standard on certain models after some time. She also hinted that 530is just might get adaptive xenons as standard later in the year. Keep your finger crossed folks!

eggz
Old 02-07-2004, 10:40 PM
Senior Members

damn i had to pay for adaptive headlights....

eggz...i think sticking to the comfort seats will do u good...its really v comfortable...n u can really mould the seats to ur body.
Old 02-08-2004, 05:57 AM
SuperBoss

Originally Posted by sg520i' date='Feb 7 2004, 07:42 AM
Hello SuperBoss,

You can approach Teo Tian Seng or Hing Lung. They will give you $4K discount upfront. If you have purchased a bmw before, you will get further discount. If your company is in the corporate listing, another discount. So all in all....many discounts!

zag,

i got one dead pixel. It is very obvious cos it is in blue color. I am still waiting for the replacement. The angel eye is cool....head turn and turn....
Hi..sg520i..many tks for your info. Did your 520i good at all. Becos, i prefer to
but 520i i/o 525i...?? So, problems hv been managed??Tks
Old 02-08-2004, 06:01 AM
SuperBoss

Originally Posted by SuperBoss' date='Feb 8 2004, 08:57 AM
[quote name='sg520i' date='Feb 7 2004, 07:42 AM'] Hello SuperBoss,

You can approach Teo Tian Seng or Hing Lung. They will give you $4K discount upfront. If you have purchased a bmw before, you will get further discount. If your company is in the corporate listing, another discount. So all in all....many discounts!? ?

zag,

i got one dead pixel. It is very obvious cos it is in blue color. I am still waiting for the replacement. The angel eye is cool....head turn and turn....
Hi..sg520i..many tks for your info. Did your 520i good at all. Becos, i prefer to
but 520i i/o 525i...?? So, problems hv been managed??Tks [/quote]
Sorry sg520i...!! overlook your kind comments!! Tks. By yhe way..How much you
changed to 17" rim ?? Tks
Old 02-08-2004, 06:15 AM
SuperBoss

Originally Posted by SuperBoss' date='Feb 8 2004, 09:01 AM
[quote name='SuperBoss' date='Feb 8 2004, 08:57 AM'] [quote name='sg520i' date='Feb 7 2004, 07:42 AM'] Hello SuperBoss,

You can approach Teo Tian Seng or Hing Lung. They will give you $4K discount upfront. If you have purchased a bmw before, you will get further discount. If your company is in the corporate listing, another discount. So all in all....many discounts!? ?

zag,

but 520i i/o 525i...?? So, problems hv been managed??Tks [/quote]
Sorry sg520i...!! overlook your kind comments!! Tks. By yhe way..How much you
changed to 17" rim ?? Tks [/quote]
Hello! sg520i ..one more question need your advice! did the rear seats passengers
will feel giddy on long trip...beocs merc ppl told me this. At the monment i am
driving merc e200 compressor ---merc was my car since 12 years ago. This time
i look into bmw was my 1st time ...you know 1st time lah... dont know okay or not?? actually, my wife also refused me to change merc to bmw la... you know !!
but since i test drive the said 520i from pml...i really love it...style/performance
lah...diff to drive on merc...like old man ...lah...merc too slow reflection!!!that why
want to buy e60 ....so need more experts to advise their experience lah!!!

Many tkskkk
Old 02-08-2004, 07:31 AM
Members

Hello Super and SuperBoss

I think 520 is abit underpower leh...525 will be just right. Ofcos 530 the best But hor...remember the resale. 520 is always most sought of...cos cheaper...everybody wants 525/530...but ex leh.

I paid another 4200 for 17" 138 plus run-flats tyres. Trade in my ugly 16"

Giddy no have leh. My wife, kid and maid always seat behind...no complaint so far. I went to KL last month and the drive was great.

I drove a C200 komp before i changed to e60. I can say that komp engine is really out of the league. Very noisy. E60 so smooth...and performance is so good. You will like the active steering...esp during parking... <_<

But you must know hor...merc is more luxurious and comfort. I always agree with that. You look at the merc dash and styling....is more elegant and subtle. For passenger...the ride is good. very comfortable. For beemer, it is a driver's car. Driver loves it. and e60, walau...the eagle eye so fierce...you tink uncle and towkay want it??? also very fat and with 17 or 18 sports rim...damn fierce...and all ah pek merc owner becomes younger again??? this will break the tradition. So i tink e60 only for ppl with younger heart and ofcos...age betw 25-45...when i grow older...who knows..i might want to move slower.
Old 02-08-2004, 07:32 AM
Members

oh ya...super boss...i tink beemer maintenance is higher than merc leh...after the third year...beware! pml will cut your head off HAHAHAHA
Old 02-09-2004, 12:13 AM
Senior Members

sg520i, how is the ride with the 17" tyres, is it more noisy and bumpy?i'm also thinking of upgrading to 17 or 18"...cos the 16" look puny...but i'm worried abt sacrificing on the ride comfort!

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans