E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 06:50 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 Black

Hi All,

Thanks 4 e warm greet!
I hope i can join with u all to Genting.
If Jeff is free.
Last week i met a number of e60 owners.
But can't rem everyone with nick.
Pls let us know when u all arrange 2meet up next time.

Cheers!
Old 06-03-2005, 08:49 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Edlee' date='Jun 4 2005, 01:19 AM
[quote name='tategoi' date='Jun 3 2005, 10:26 AM']Weather permits, I might go for a wash at Carman in the afternoon. Anyone keen on kopi session there?
[snapback]135839[/snapback]
Ha ha you sure you want me to join you?
[snapback]135854[/snapback]
[/quote]

Thank you Mr Lee. Its raining now ....
Old 06-04-2005, 06:14 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Nothing to boast about!

Been dead busy travelling. Not sure if I would be around in Singapore to join you guys to Genting. But running up at 200+ in the day time will most like cost some $.

I found a card from PML in my letter box this evening informing me the part/s that I require has/have arrived. I was a bit surprised. Then I looked at the description, and it was a CD changer. Hmmm... you guys know that what I have is the CD player problem (told them a few times before it's the player and not the changer). Sigh.

In any case, I still appreciate the initiative. Just have to call them on Monday.
Old 06-04-2005, 07:05 AM
Senior Members

Took out an unused Sony Ericsson Akono bluetooth headset and was very curious as to whether the Siemens S65 would take 2 handsfree profile? How would the phone and the Akono ear-piece behave in the car assuming that it will take and pair both the ear-piece and the BMW bluetooth?

ANSWERS

Yes, the S65 can take BOTH profiles simultaneously and there is totally no fuss in pairing both on the same phone

So, with the ear-piece on and paired, I went into my ride and started the engine. BMW bluetooth paired with the phone at the same time!! Next was to try what happens when a call does come in - got wifey to test call me from her mobile and PRESTO - both the ear-piece and the BMW bluetooth rang

Tried picking the call on the ear-piece first and it worked - BMW bluetooth is muted and audio is transferred to the ear-piece (PRIVATE CALL POSSIBLE!!! )

Then again tried picking the call on the iDrive, and yes, the call can be routed to the BMW bluetooth speakers!!

And the best part is - while using the BMW bluetooth system midway, I could switch to the ear-piece and vice-versa anytime by activating/deactivating the ear-piece!!

Also found out that I could actually switch the phone out of the BMW bluetooth system (call transferred to mobile phone) when I do not want to abruptly end a call, especially when I reach my destination and needs to get out of the car yet do not want to end the conversation. You could do this by pressing the Left Menu Option button (left of joystick).

I am beginning to see "answers" to questions that other forumers have posted. I do not know if the same features can be found in other mobile phones though.
Old 06-04-2005, 06:10 PM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by Olivin530i' date='Jun 4 2005, 11:05 PM
Took out an unused Sony Ericsson Akono bluetooth headset and was very curious as to whether the Siemens S65 would take 2 handsfree profile? How would the phone and the Akono ear-piece behave in the car assuming that it will take and pair both the ear-piece and the BMW bluetooth?

ANSWERS?

Yes, the S65 can take BOTH profiles simultaneously and there is totally no fuss in pairing both on the same phone ?

So, with the ear-piece on and paired, I went into my ride and started the engine. BMW bluetooth paired with the phone at the same time!! Next was to try what happens when a call does come in - got wifey to test call me from her mobile and PRESTO - both the ear-piece and the BMW bluetooth rang ?

Tried picking the call on the ear-piece first and it worked - BMW bluetooth is muted and audio is transferred to the ear-piece (PRIVATE CALL POSSIBLE!!!? ? )

Then again tried picking the call on the iDrive, and yes, the call can be routed to the BMW bluetooth speakers!!? ?

And the best part is - while using the BMW bluetooth system midway, I could switch to the ear-piece and vice-versa anytime by activating/deactivating the ear-piece!!? ?

Also found out that I could actually switch the phone out of the BMW bluetooth system (call transferred to mobile phone) when I do not want to abruptly end a call, especially when I reach my destination and needs to get out of the car yet do not want to end the conversation. You could do this by pressing the Left Menu Option button (left of joystick).

I am beginning to see "answers" to questions that other forumers have posted. I do not know if the same features can be found in other mobile phones though.?
[snapback]136125[/snapback]
yes, all phones with bluetooth version 1.2 and higher should be able to pair with up to five bluetooth devices.
Old 06-04-2005, 07:21 PM
Senior Members

Yes, but to be able to switch between ear-piece and BMW b/t midway in a conversation is so far AFAIK un-reported. Furthermore, with the S65, one can walk away from the car continuing the conversation (reported to be a problem by other forumers who had to end the conversation first).

Many also lament the lack of privacy - and now, with a b/t ear-piece, one can have a "private" conversation w/o the other passengers hearing.

Also, who would have guessed what and how the BMW b/t would react to another handsfree profile?

I was told the BMW b/t system was designed some 5 years ago (along with the design of the E60) and I wouldn't be too sure if b/t 1.2 is supported
Old 06-06-2005, 12:00 PM
Senior Members

So, are we really going up Genting? Response seems a little poor at this point in time? Great chance to try your ride's stability and hill climbing prowess.
Old 06-06-2005, 05:15 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E46 320i, M3 paddle shift, Sat Nav

Originally Posted by Edlee' date='Jun 7 2005, 04:00 AM
So, are we really going up Genting?? Response seems a little poor at this point in time?? Great chance to try your ride's stability and hill climbing prowess.
[snapback]136792[/snapback]

All I know is Tategoi, you, me and another 2 or 3 of my members confirm going. Any other takers?
Old 06-06-2005, 08:33 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by russo' date='Jun 6 2005, 07:15 PM
[quote name='Edlee' date='Jun 7 2005, 04:00 AM']So, are we really going up Genting?? Response seems a little poor at this point in time?? Great chance to try your ride's stability and hill climbing prowess.

All I know is Tategoi, you, me and another 2 or 3 of my members confirm going. Any other takers?
[snapback]136898[/snapback]
[/quote]

Only 2 E60s? No fun leh. How about Toto and Zag? I promise to give you guys a headstart of 5 min before I begin my journey!!!
Old 06-07-2005, 12:24 AM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by Edlee' date='Jun 7 2005, 12:33 PM
[quote name='russo' date='Jun 6 2005, 07:15 PM'][quote name='Edlee' date='Jun 7 2005, 04:00 AM']So, are we really going up Genting?? Response seems a little poor at this point in time?? Great chance to try your ride's stability and hill climbing prowess.

[snapback]136898[/snapback]
[/quote]

Only 2 E60s? No fun leh. How about Toto and Zag? I promise to give you guys a headstart of 5 min before I begin my journey!!!
[snapback]136960[/snapback]
[/quote]

Lazy to go back the thread to check when is the proposed dates for Genting. What is the plan dates anyway? I am quite tied up this month and don't even dare to promise the kids for a getaway holiday during the school holiday.

Anyway. 5 minutes headstart you are too generous Ed. This is challenging the guts
rather. difference between 530i and 545i at top speed is only less than 10kph..hehehe! With Toto's steroid pumped engine.. he might drown you out with his exhaust.

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans