E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2005, 08:36 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 520i, titanium silver, Jan 2005, Vicool Premier Package

Originally Posted by zag' date='Apr 25 2005, 12:21 PM
After driving considerably for a few days with 16.2 software... i concluded with the new software, i experience a slow kick down response/ hesitation. While i was with 12.1, when i step on the throttle without activating the kick down button, instantaneously it upshift.
With 16.2, it stays in gear and i always got caught with hopelesslow end torque. Darn!
I wonder if the system is relearning my driving style.
Anyone experiencing similar?
[snapback]119605[/snapback]
This version sounds worse than the current 15. software. Low end torque being my current complaint with version 15, I am having second thoughts about pushing for a software upgrade. <_<

I am sending my car into PML tomorrow to fix the problem with the "tyre puncture alert" and funny stale/sourish smell coming from the air con when I start the car in the morning. Last Saturday on my drive back from KL, I had a flat rear tyre. After I had replaced the flat tyre with a new one, the tyre puncture alert came on twice yesterday for no reason. Each time I had to reset the RPA before getting rid of the alert.
Old 04-25-2005, 12:50 AM
Members

zag, version 16.2 has a wider shift distance from one gear to another. This may explain the hesitation.

Originally Posted by zag' date='Apr 24 2005, 10:21 PM
After driving considerably for a few days with 16.2 software... i concluded with the new software, i experience a slow kick down response/ hesitation. While i was with 12.1, when i step on the throttle without activating the kick down button, instantaneously it upshift.
With 16.2, it stays in gear and i always got caught with hopelesslow end torque. Darn!
Old 04-25-2005, 03:58 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Mod' date='Apr 24 2005, 03:20 PM
Hi folks,

Need feedback on this ICE setup for my ride..

PPI Pre-amp
Focal 100V2 Front Comp + Cadence 2x461 Rear Speakers
True Tech T4.65 P/Amp 4 Channel
InfinityBassLink

Anyone care to comment on this setup? Current stock speakers is too weak for my liking..

Cheers,
Mod
?
[snapback]119318[/snapback]
Hi Mod, welcoem to the forum. Please register.
Old 04-25-2005, 04:00 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by zag' date='Apr 25 2005, 12:20 PM
We are still on for May 1..
can we have show of hands for head counts?
There are a few new members from sg in the forum, please comfirm if you can join us..
[snapback]119604[/snapback]
Of course we are still on. Here is the last counts ...

Sunday 1st may 2005, 3.00 pm @ Kallang
1. Olivin530i
2. Stranger
3. Edlee
4. zag
5. totoseow (my fuel consumption dropped to 13.3 after 16.2?)
6. russo
7. russo's friend no. 1 (Black 520 with M rims?)
8. russo's friend no. 2
9. eggz
10. Mod
11. tategoi
12. lani
Old 04-25-2005, 04:28 AM
Senior Members

Just got my ride back from PML. Disappointment!!!

Yes, they fixed my driver's window problem. Yes, they fixed my weather strip problems and yes, they fixed my loose instrument cluster.

NO, the problem of my jerky ride was not fixed. NO, my software was not updated.

I don't blame the guys at Kg Arang. Everytime I send my ride in, it behaves. Even during the test drive with some unreasonable driving by yours truely, it still behaves. It is only when I leave PML and drive on another 20Km or so that it begins to show its true colours again. It hesitates when I drive off from the traffi lights and it starts to misfire with variable rpm when I reverse into carpark lots. What do I do????

PML did not upgrade my software because the "German" from BMW Asia who took a look at my ride decided that it should not be done. According to what I was told, the new software might clash with the old. I told the Dennis, the guy who handles my ride that the others in Europe and USA have upgraded their software without any side effects. He replied that they had BIGGER heaters, etc. Their cars are not tropicalised. I am left scratching my head. I really am dumbfounded.

Shame on you, BMW!!! There are only TWO 545s in Singapore. I am facing such a traumatic time with mine. Even if the driver of the other 545 isn't, this reflects a 50% failure. Is this good???

I WILL drive on. I will drive this car till the jerking becomes unbearable. I will drive on till my car behaves like a bull in a rodeo. I will not waste my time complaining again. When I am good and ready, I will send it into PML in whatever shape it is in and someone is gonna face my wrath. I will demand an immediate loan car of the same capacity and drive it for as long as it takes for them to discover and rectify the fault. Some new German at BMW Asia will then get to know Edlee from the E60 forum!!!
Old 04-25-2005, 08:32 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E46 320i, M3 paddle shift, Sat Nav

1. Olivin530i
2. Stranger
3. Edlee
4. zag
6. russo
7. russo's friend no. 1 (Jet Black 520i with M5 rims)
8. russo's friend no. 2 (Jet Black 520i with E39 540i rims)
9. eggz
10. Mod
11. tategoi
12. lani
Old 04-26-2005, 04:12 AM
Senior Members

1. Olivin530i
2. Stranger
3. Edlee
4. zag
6. russo
7. russo's friend no. 1 (Jet Black 520i with M5 rims)
8. russo's friend no. 2 (Jet Black 520i with E39 540i rims)
9. eggz
10. Mod
11. tategoi
12. lani
13. Olivin530i's friend and perhaps his son (He's going to be interesting)
Old 04-26-2005, 07:50 AM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by Kiasu King Kong' date='Apr 25 2005, 04:50 PM
zag, version 16.2 has a wider shift distance from one gear to another. This may explain the hesitation.

[quote name='zag' date='Apr 24 2005, 10:21 PM']After driving considerably for a few days with 16.2 software... i concluded with the new software, i experience a slow kick down response/ hesitation. While i was with 12.1, when i step on the throttle without activating the kick down button, instantaneously it upshift.
[snapback]119663[/snapback]
[/quote]

i updated my ride today, changed the cup holder third time...yes, thrice in year!
Anthony is unable to change both my driver side and left window power motor. but he confirmed that both has to be changed. it works intermittently when closing and the anti trap stops the window from winding up.

Contrary to some cars had hesitation after upgrading, mine was smoother when shifting from second gear to third at 2000 rpm. no hesitation which i had all along from 14 months ago until today. 4 updates so far, this is the best.
it drags longer before shifting to third at about 3000 rpm. no signs of hesitation at 2000 rpm from starting. so i have higher end torque when it shifts gear.

drove for about 100Km to day, from west coast east about three times, inlcuding jams at pasir panjang and shenton way. consumption is 11.2km/100l previously, 13km/100l

will go back later this week to change the motors.
Old 04-26-2005, 09:28 AM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by lmk' date='Apr 26 2005, 11:50 PM
[quote name='Kiasu King Kong' date='Apr 25 2005, 04:50 PM']zag, version 16.2 has a wider shift distance from one gear to another. This may explain the hesitation.

[quote name='zag' date='Apr 24 2005, 10:21 PM']After driving considerably for a few days with 16.2 software... i concluded with the new software, i experience a slow kick down response/ hesitation. While i was with 12.1, when i step on the throttle without activating the kick down button, instantaneously it upshift.
[/quote]

i updated my ride today, changed the cup holder third time...yes, thrice in year!
Anthony is unable to change both my driver side and left window power motor. but he confirmed that both has to be changed. it works intermittently when closing and the anti trap stops the window from winding up.

Contrary to some cars had hesitation after upgrading, mine was smoother when shifting from second gear to third at 2000 rpm. no hesitation which i had all along from 14 months ago until today. 4 updates so far, this is the best.
it drags longer before shifting to third at about 3000 rpm. no signs of hesitation at 2000 rpm from starting. so i have higher end torque when it shifts gear.

drove for about 100Km to day, from west coast east about three times, inlcuding jams at pasir panjang and shenton way. consumption is 11.2km/100l previously, 13km/100l

[snapback]120247[/snapback]
[/quote]

No problem with my upshift and I wasn't referring to upshift hesitation.
My problem is when I do a down shift for eg. accelerating from 60 kph ease cruising to overtake cars, when i was on older software the moment i hit the accelerator , the engine rev up and kick down occurs instantenously. With the new software, either i don't get a down shift which means a slow pull at low end of the torque or there is kick down but after a delay.

Talked to CSA about this, agrees with him the throttle is more responsive, gear down shift has noticeable delay.

eggz, since you are still on old software can you take note what rpm do you car typically down shift when you do a quick pedal to metal without activating the button on the pedal?
Old 04-26-2005, 04:47 PM
Members

Got back my car after lst servicing at 13826 km (car is 1 year 5 months old). Software upgraded to version 16.2. Noticeable differences between old (version 13.2) and latest version:

1. Engine smoother and quieter
2. Gear shifts better
3. Idrive screen comes on immediately after start up (no more the 30 sec delay)
4. Software now reads the CD correctly and does not revert to first song
5. Names of radio channels now show on the screen (e.g. Love 972, Sym92.4, etc)
6. Static on radio gone

If you guys notice any other changes, I would be glad to hear them.

Originally Posted by zag' date='Apr 26 2005, 11:28 AM
[quote name='lmk' date='Apr 26 2005, 11:50 PM'][quote name='Kiasu King Kong' date='Apr 25 2005, 04:50 PM']zag, version 16.2 has a wider shift distance from one gear to another. This may explain the hesitation.

[/quote]

[snapback]120247[/snapback]
[/quote]

No problem with my upshift and I wasn't referring to upshift hesitation.
My problem is when I do a down shift for eg. accelerating from 60 kph ease cruising to overtake cars, when i was on older software the moment i hit the accelerator , the engine rev up and kick down occurs instantenously. With the new software, either i don't get a down shift which means a slow pull at low end of the torque or there is kick down but after a delay.

Talked to CSA about this, agrees with him the throttle is more responsive, gear down shift has noticeable delay.

eggz, since you are still on old software can you take note what rpm do you car typically down shift when you do a quick pedal to metal without activating the button on the pedal?
[snapback]120311[/snapback]
[/quote]

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans