Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Finally! Bluetooth Upgrade is Scheduled for Monday

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2004 | 04:13 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 11 550i Sophisto Gray/Oyster Black/Anthracite, Sprt Trns, DHP, IAS, SP, PP1, PP2, CWP, HUD, DAP, AVSP, SF RS, CA, ACC - Euro Del

Originally Posted by s2s e60' date='Oct 27 2004, 01:03 AM
pharding: may I ask what mobile service provider you're with? I have Verizon and I fear I may not be able to get this to work with my V710 because of their bluetooth restrictions?
[snapback]49829[/snapback]

I have Cingular Wireless. Which for a US Company is fine. The Europeans have the best technology. When I was in Europe in July the clarity on their networks was amazing. Anyway I am satisfied with Cingular. See an earlier post of my which identified which networks are 100 percent compatible.
Old 10-27-2004 | 04:23 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 11 550i Sophisto Gray/Oyster Black/Anthracite, Sprt Trns, DHP, IAS, SP, PP1, PP2, CWP, HUD, DAP, AVSP, SF RS, CA, ACC - Euro Del

Originally Posted by ZC ED545' date='Oct 27 2004, 05:55 AM
Amazing how my sales rep in New Jersey, who used to be a tech at BMW, has not heard of any retrofit!

I hope other people get it done soon so word gets around.
[snapback]49883[/snapback]
Ask him to call Motor Werks of Barrington, Illinois. 847.381.8900. Ask for Bob Paduch BMW Service Manager or Brink in Accessories. I did not make this up. I will post photos later on today. Or better yet take your car to Motor Werks. They have a great BMW service department. They are absolutely awesome.
Old 10-27-2004 | 05:09 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by s2s e60' date='Oct 27 2004, 02:03 AM
pharding: may I ask what mobile service provider you're with? I have Verizon and I fear I may not be able to get this to work with my V710 because of their bluetooth restrictions?
[snapback]49829[/snapback]
Verizon has recalled their V710 phones and will release with firmware updates next month. Your phone will take the firmware upgrade at the store. Check put Phonescoop for more details.
Old 10-27-2004 | 05:19 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i, Jet Black, Black Leather, Automatic, Cold Weather, Sirius Prep and Radio, Premium Package, Xenon Lights.

I seriously doubt that the cellular carrier would be an issue. Bluetooth only communicates back and forth with the phone. Then phone itself is what is communicating with the carrier, just as if you were on the phone directly, and speaking through their network.

- Tom
(1/10 mile from from MWerks)
Old 10-27-2004 | 05:42 AM
Mike Celayeta

Originally Posted by pharding' date='Oct 26 2004, 10:50 PM
[quote name='wassy' date='Oct 26 2004, 09:33 PM'] also, as far as auto syncing, it certainly should do that.. on the V600, when you go to Connection, then Bluetooth Link, go to Setup.. make sure next to Power, it is ON..?? seccond, go to device history... select the BMWxxxxx, and next to Access, it should be set to automatic.?

this will give you auto syncs... and you should obviosuly have the phone powered before you get to the car!
[snapback]49738[/snapback]
You are correct. I did as you suggested. The V600 synchronized automatically with the car as soon as I started the car. Thanks.
[snapback]49750[/snapback]
[/quote]

I had the BlueTooth in my e46, I loved it. I have been bugging my dealer since before I took delivery. Now I have ammo to get this done.

pharding, there is a cradle for your phone that will use the shark fin and allow the phone to charge. The part number is 84 21 0 307 726
Old 10-27-2004 | 06:01 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Mike Celayeta' date='Oct 27 2004, 07:42 AM
I had the BlueTooth in my e46, I loved it. I have been bugging my dealer since before I took delivery. Now I have ammo to get this done.

pharding, there is a cradle for your phone that will use the shark fin and allow the phone to charge. The part number is 84 21 0 307? 726
[snapback]49912[/snapback]
Thanks. That is great news! Will that cradle work with my Motorola V600? Thanks.
Old 10-27-2004 | 06:07 AM
Contributors

FWIW, here's a current list of compatible phones my UK dealer sent me.

EDIT; can't seem to attach excel sheets
Attached Files
File Type: doc
Phone.doc (56.0 KB, 154 views)
Old 10-27-2004 | 06:28 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by wnrussell' date='Oct 27 2004, 06:09 AM
Verizon has recalled their V710 phones and will release with firmware updates next month.? Your phone will take the firmware upgrade at the store. Check put Phonescoop for more details.
[snapback]49899[/snapback]
Can you provide me with a link to this recall. I noticed the V710 is no longer on their website but the store managers are clueless.

I have my CPT9000 install scheduled for Monday. I am wondering if I should go for it, or get the 'pharding software upgrade' and move to a different carrier. (which I am reluctant to do) Number portability is not yet so easy.

Pharding how is the battery life of the V600 when using BT in the E60. That will determine whether that cradle is neccesary.
Old 10-27-2004 | 06:36 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Hormazd' date='Oct 27 2004, 09:28 AM
I have my CPT9000 install scheduled for Monday.? I am wondering if I should go for it,? or get the 'pharding software upgrade' and move to a different carrier. (which I am reluctant to do)? Number portability is not yet so easy.

Pharding how is the battery life of the V600 when using BT in the E60.? That will determine whether that cradle is neccesary.
[snapback]49917[/snapback]
I have the V60 with cradle. I would reccoment this route at this time. For a couple of reasons.

1. You have the external antenna which greatly improves clarity where you would normally have less reception.
2. Using Blue Tooth on a phone uses the battery about 3x as fast on a phone so you will want to charge it more often.
3. Brings us to the point that you will have the cradle which Pharding is looking into getting to keep his phone charged.
4. The cradle gives you some place to put the phone while in that car, and keep it charged.

Don't get me wrong. I am happy that BMW finally resolved this. I was waiting for it, but after 5 months of waiting I broke down and went the CPT route in September. Getting this resolved, as well as seeing the option to now get Serius is an 04 car is great. These are 2 things I was waiting for.
Old 10-27-2004 | 06:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by skipper' date='Oct 27 2004, 07:36 AM
[quote name='Hormazd' date='Oct 27 2004, 09:28 AM']I have my CPT9000 install scheduled for Monday.? I am wondering if I should go for it,? or get the 'pharding software upgrade' and move to a different carrier. (which I am reluctant to do)? Number portability is not yet so easy.

Pharding how is the battery life of the V600 when using BT in the E60.?? That will determine whether that cradle is neccesary.
[snapback]49917[/snapback]
I have the V60 with cradle. I would reccoment this route at this time. For a couple of reasons.

1. You have the external antenna which greatly improves clarity where you would normally have less reception.
2. Using Blue Tooth on a phone uses the battery about 3x as fast on a phone so you will want to charge it more often.
3. Brings us to the point that you will have the cradle which Pharding is looking into getting to keep his phone charged.
4. The cradle gives you some place to put the phone while in that car, and keep it charged.

Don't get me wrong. I am happy that BMW finally resolved this. I was waiting for it, but after 5 months of waiting I broke down and went the CPT route in September. Getting this resolved, as well as seeing the option to now get Serius is an 04 car is great. These are 2 things I was waiting for.
[snapback]49919[/snapback]
[/quote]

Thanks, its a tough decision. With Verizon's V710 debacle and the fact that the phone is considerably larger than the V60 with numerous features that I don't need, it's starting to become clear again. The pharding BT success story threw me a loop, but I now realize it won't do much for me.

Skipper, does a regular V60 really work with full Voice activation and I-drive etc.
If so I might be able to save a couple of hundred bucks if I can find a late model CDMA V60. Rather than the BMW Phone

Quick Reply: Finally! Bluetooth Upgrade is Scheduled for Monday