Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Finally! Bluetooth Upgrade is Scheduled for Monday

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2004 | 07:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 Silver Grey 545i, Steptronic, Black Leather, Poplar Trim, Sport Package, Logic7, Comfort Seats, Nav, PDC, Cold Weather Package, Sun Shades, X-pel clear bra

Originally Posted by pharding' date='Oct 26 2004, 06:46 PM
Bluetooth Upgrade was Successful !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phone connects properly and phone book loads.? BMW Assist is not disabled.? The two work together.? BMW Assist overides cellphone.? Software upgrade blew out all my settings.? Steering is firmer at low speeds similar to high speed steering.

I believe that I was first in US!? Thanks to BMW, Motor Werks of Barrington, Illinois, Chris Roehm for contacting his buddy at BMW, Brink, and Chad.? They thought this was rolled out at two dealerships first to work out the kinks.

My phone is charging right now so that I can go out and play.? I will offer more comments shortly.
[snapback]49698[/snapback]
Old 10-26-2004 | 07:33 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pharding' date='Oct 26 2004, 10:28 PM
[quote name='wassy' date='Oct 26 2004, 09:08 PM'][quote name='pharding' date='Oct 26 2004, 09:55 PM']It was fine, but not great.? Not perfect.? Volume was controlled by the volume control in the car.? I also have "Jawbone" which is the best headset for a cell phone.? "Jawbone" uses US Army technology for noise cancelling of background noise on both ends in tank to tank communication.? It is widely regarded as the best headset for a cell phone.? I was surprised that the sound quality was the same when I was in the same location inside my car.? But both were contending with an average, 3 bars out of 5, signal.? So the signal strength is the determing factor in sound quality.
[snapback]49734[/snapback]

Don't understand "jawbone"... why are you using a headseat with BT in your car? also, as far as auto syncing, it certainly should do that.. on the V600, when you go to Connection, then Bluetooth Link, go to Setup.. make sure next to Power, it is ON.. seccond, go to device history... select the BMWxxxxx, and next to Access, it should be set to automatic.

this will give you auto syncs... and you should obviosuly have the phone powered before you get to the car!

when you say sound quality is OK, not great - can you expand?
[snapback]49738[/snapback]
[/quote]

I used the "jawbone" headset to compare and evaluate the the audio qaulity of my Motorola V600 synched to my car via Bluetooth. My BT comments were with the V600 used as designed by BMW without the headset. My 01 530 had the Motorola Timeport in a cradle hardwired to the antenna on the top of the rear windshield. It was a BMW aftermarket accessory. It's sound quality was somewhat better than what experienced using Bluetooth. But the Timeport got to the point where the Cingular network made it obsolete. Anyway I am satisfied my V600 synched to my e60 via bluetooth. It is all about trade-offs. The perfect solution does not exist yet.
[snapback]49743[/snapback]
[/quote]

let us know if you try my suggestions. i believe you will have automatic pairing.. it does take a couple seconds to transfer the phonebook, etc.. about 30-60 seconds..but the pairing should be done in just about 20 seconds, based on my X5 with the most recent ULF module.

I can't wait for more "detailed" information. who at BMWNA do we need to contact for more specific info?
Old 10-26-2004 | 07:33 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 Silver Grey 545i, Steptronic, Black Leather, Poplar Trim, Sport Package, Logic7, Comfort Seats, Nav, PDC, Cold Weather Package, Sun Shades, X-pel clear bra

Originally Posted by nicknec' date='Oct 26 2004, 09:29 PM
[quote name='pharding' date='Oct 26 2004, 06:46 PM']Bluetooth Upgrade was Successful !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phone connects properly and phone book loads.? BMW Assist is not disabled.? The two work together.? BMW Assist overides cellphone.? Software upgrade blew out all my settings.? Steering is firmer at low speeds similar to high speed steering.

I believe that I was first in US!? Thanks to BMW, Motor Werks of Barrington, Illinois, Chris Roehm for contacting his buddy at BMW, Brink, and Chad.? They thought this was rolled out at two dealerships first to work out the kinks.

My phone is charging right now so that I can go out and play.? I will offer more comments shortly.
[snapback]49698[/snapback]
[snapback]49744[/snapback]
[/quote]

Sorry about that, I am new here but have been viewing here since ordering my e60 in July and taking delivery in August.

Pharding, thanks for sharing this. MotorWerks is my dealer and I will be calling them in the morning.

Now I need to find out if BT will work with the new V3 Razor from Motorola which I should have this weekend.
Old 10-26-2004 | 07:50 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 11 550i Sophisto Gray/Oyster Black/Anthracite, Sprt Trns, DHP, IAS, SP, PP1, PP2, CWP, HUD, DAP, AVSP, SF RS, CA, ACC - Euro Del

Originally Posted by wassy' date='Oct 26 2004, 09:33 PM
also, as far as auto syncing, it certainly should do that.. on the V600, when you go to Connection, then Bluetooth Link, go to Setup.. make sure next to Power, it is ON..? seccond, go to device history... select the BMWxxxxx, and next to Access, it should be set to automatic.?

this will give you auto syncs... and you should obviosuly have the phone powered before you get to the car!
You are correct. I did as you suggested. The V600 synchronized automatically with the car as soon as I started the car. Thanks.
Old 10-26-2004 | 07:54 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pharding' date='Oct 26 2004, 10:50 PM
[quote name='wassy' date='Oct 26 2004, 09:33 PM'] also, as far as auto syncing, it certainly should do that.. on the V600, when you go to Connection, then Bluetooth Link, go to Setup.. make sure next to Power, it is ON..?? seccond, go to device history... select the BMWxxxxx, and next to Access, it should be set to automatic.?

You are correct. I did as you suggested. The V600 synchronized automatically with the car as soon as I started the car. Thanks.
[snapback]49750[/snapback]
[/quote]

how cool was that? does that give you a MUCH happier level of satisfaction with the BT overall now?

I am still concerned with the quality???? I had the BT on the X5, and I found myself having to ask the other party to repeat certain words, OFTEN.. they just didn't come through the speakers correctly..

how easily and nicely does it display in i-drive?

on to the upgrade.. it couldn't be just the normal software upgrade that everyone else is getting... that would be too easy.. we beg of you to get specifics..

thanks.
Old 10-26-2004 | 08:00 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 11 550i Sophisto Gray/Oyster Black/Anthracite, Sprt Trns, DHP, IAS, SP, PP1, PP2, CWP, HUD, DAP, AVSP, SF RS, CA, ACC - Euro Del

Originally Posted by wassy' date='Oct 26 2004, 09:54 PM
how cool was that?? does that give you a MUCH happier level of satisfaction with the BT overall now?

I am still concerned with the quality???? I had the BT on the X5, and I found myself having to ask the other party to repeat certain words, OFTEN.. they just didn't come through the speakers correctly..
[snapback]49753[/snapback]
Time will tell. Right now I am extremely happy with the BMW Bluetooth Retrofit. I will see how it plays out.
Old 10-26-2004 | 08:09 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i step, nav, sport, 166 wheels, premium sound, don't need nothin' else.
Angry

Congratulations to you and kudos MWerks of Barrington on a sucessful BT upgrade! Green with envy! Is the offer to see your 545 w/HUD still good? It'll be all the more rewarding to see the BT in operation as well. PM me (when you're not on the phone)

I'm only 20 minutes from you.
Old 10-26-2004 | 09:59 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Welcome aboard, nicknec Name:  00000732.gif
Views: 38
Size:  3.1 KB!
Old 10-26-2004 | 11:03 PM
Members

pharding: may I ask what mobile service provider you're with? I have Verizon and I fear I may not be able to get this to work with my V710 because of their bluetooth restrictions
Old 10-27-2004 | 03:55 AM
Members

Amazing how my sales rep in New Jersey, who used to be a tech at BMW, has not heard of any retrofit!

I hope other people get it done soon so word gets around.

Quick Reply: Finally! Bluetooth Upgrade is Scheduled for Monday