Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Finally! Bluetooth Upgrade is Scheduled for Monday

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2004 | 04:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i, Jet Black, Black Leather, Automatic, Cold Weather, Sirius Prep and Radio, Premium Package, Xenon Lights.

Hey pharding!!!

I'm picking up my new 2005 530i tomorrow at MotorWerks!! Do you live in the area?

I wonder if Bluetooth will already be enabled on the 2005's?

Tom
Old 10-26-2004 | 04:59 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 11 550i Sophisto Gray/Oyster Black/Anthracite, Sprt Trns, DHP, IAS, SP, PP1, PP2, CWP, HUD, DAP, AVSP, SF RS, CA, ACC - Euro Del

Originally Posted by Todd' date='Oct 26 2004, 06:50 PM
What was the cost of this .... I just took delivery of mine todaya 2004? and I want this along with the aux adapter....
[snapback]49701[/snapback]
$599 for labor. It is all labor. No parts. They had to give me a complete upgrade to the software first.
Old 10-26-2004 | 05:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by pharding' date='Oct 26 2004, 05:59 PM
[quote name='Todd' date='Oct 26 2004, 06:50 PM']What was the cost of this .... I just took delivery of mine todaya 2004? and I want this along with the aux adapter....
$599 for labor. It is all labor. No parts. They had to give me a complete upgrade to the software first.
[snapback]49705[/snapback]
[/quote]

Pharding, what Version is your software on now and what kind of Phone do you use. Thanks
Old 10-26-2004 | 05:02 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 11 550i Sophisto Gray/Oyster Black/Anthracite, Sprt Trns, DHP, IAS, SP, PP1, PP2, CWP, HUD, DAP, AVSP, SF RS, CA, ACC - Euro Del

Originally Posted by tcumbo' date='Oct 26 2004, 06:51 PM
Hey pharding!!!

I'm picking up my new 2005 530i tomorrow at MotorWerks!!? Do you live in the area?

Tom
[snapback]49702[/snapback]
It was a $599 option when I ordered my car. I did not get it from the factory like everyone else. See Brink in aftermarket accessories. Ask that they have Chad do the work. He is awesome. Motor Werks is a great dealership for service. The best.
Old 10-26-2004 | 05:07 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Hormazd' date='Oct 26 2004, 07:01 PM
[quote name='pharding' date='Oct 26 2004, 05:59 PM'][quote name='Todd' date='Oct 26 2004, 06:50 PM']What was the cost of this .... I just took delivery of mine todaya 2004? and I want this along with the aux adapter....
[snapback]49705[/snapback]
[/quote]

Pharding, what Version is your software on now and what kind of Phone do you use. Thanks
[snapback]49707[/snapback]
[/quote]

They just put the latest version on my car, whatever that is. One of the benefits is that the car steers better. The low speed feel matches the firm feel of high speed steering. Phone: Motorola V600.
Old 10-26-2004 | 05:10 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by tcumbo' date='Oct 26 2004, 06:51 PM
Hey pharding!!!

I'm picking up my new 2005 530i tomorrow at MotorWerks!!? Do you live in the area?

Tom
[snapback]49702[/snapback]
I live in River Forest in Frank Lloyd Wright's Davenport House. I drive all the way to Motor Werks in Barrington because their service is awesome.
Old 10-26-2004 | 05:20 PM
Contributors

i love you. I HATE YOU. i love you. I HATE YOU!

lol..

so..i can't believe it.. take pics of the i-drive... and do you have your service record from today that you can post here so i can show my dealer?

what specifically was done? and you say you have both working?
Old 10-26-2004 | 05:21 PM
Contributors

also, did you make a call on it yet?
Old 10-26-2004 | 05:34 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pharding' date='Oct 26 2004, 07:46 PM
Bluetooth Upgrade was Successful !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phone connects properly and phone book loads.? BMW Assist is not disabled.? The two work together.? BMW Assist overides cellphone.? Software upgrade blew out all my settings.? Steering is firmer at low speeds similar to high speed steering.

I believe that I was first in US!? Thanks to BMW, Motor Werks of Barrington, Illinois, Chris Roehm for contacting his buddy at BMW, Brink, and Chad.? They thought this was rolled out at two dealerships first to work out the kinks.

My phone is charging right now so that I can go out and play.? I will offer more comments shortly.
[snapback]49698[/snapback]
WOW ! This is really great. I'm sure that Motor Werks will be flooded with phone calls now. Can we get the part numbers and the exact steps taken, so we can handhold our dealers until BMW makes this official? Please !
Old 10-26-2004 | 06:31 PM
Senior Members

More Commentary and Surprises

Voice Command works great with the BT phone. From anywhere in the I-Drive you say "Dial Name" then pause then you say the "Name" and it repeats the name in English with a German accent. It works with all the names in your phonebook on your cell phone. Bear in mind that I did not verbally enter the names into the cell phone or I-Drive. It hears what you say and finds the correct name in the phone book by reading the name. It then repeats the name. Its accuracy is amazing.

Being the analytical guy that I am because of my architectural education and profession, I offer these comments. In general the Bluetooth Option is extremely impressive. I highly commend BMW. My criticisms are: 1. The phone does not quickly sync up with the car when you enter the car. This is after you set the phone up initially. You must do this every time that you enter the car. You must open the phone. Turn it on if it is not on. Phone boots up. Click the center key to get the drop down menu. Move the cursor down one and over one to Settings. Click Settings. Settings load. Move the cursor down two to Connection. Press Select. Bluetooth Link screen comes up. It is on the Bluetooth symbol automatically. Press Select. Bluetooth Link Screen comes up. Handsfree is selected. Press Select. Handsfree Screen loads. BMW13122 is automatically highlighted. Press Select. The phone then seeks the car Bluetooth Connection. Then they sync up. It takes too much time! Between Motorola and BMW they should set this up so that they sync automatically. The dealer said that this is in the works. 2. The signal strength and sound quality is not as good as the signal/sound quality that I got with my 2001 Timeport Phone Option in my 01 530. That dealer installed option had the benefit that the phone sat in a cradle and had a wired connection to the antenna on the top of the car. My V600 does not use the shark fin antenna. It uses its own antenna. It would be great if the phone could use the shark fin antenna. Surely this will happen in the future.

In summary BMW is to be commended for doing a great job with the Bluetooth Phone option. It was late. But when we got it, it was well worth waiting for.

Also the steering upgrade is awesome. The car feels like a sports car at slow speeds.

Quick Reply: Finally! Bluetooth Upgrade is Scheduled for Monday