Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!
View Poll Results: do u agree, disagree w this statement?
true
73.33%
false
26.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

universal healthcare...

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 02:47 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ron_cb550
My comment was on page 2, and I'm Canadian. Hope that cleared some stuff up I'll let you guys back at eachothers throats now haha
No one's getting at anyone's throat, in fact this is one of the most civilized political discussions this board has ever seen.
Originally Posted by pjinca
No, you can have your weed, but NO TACO BELL FOR YOU!!!!
No THAT's incentive for many to stop chiefing
Old 03-25-2010, 02:53 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2015 435xi GC

Originally Posted by Krozi
No one's getting at anyone's throat, in fact this is one of the most civilized political discussions this board has ever seen.
Civility? I'm from Quebec I don't know what that is
Old 03-25-2010, 02:53 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by Krozi
No THAT's incentive for many to stop chiefing

Agreed, this is the LEAST heated political debate I have sen on this board.

Nah, they won;t stop smoking because of no Taco Bell - there will always be Twinkies
Old 03-25-2010, 02:57 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by MiamiPhill
Both. Poorly or untreated diabetes is unlike any other chronic illness, it leads to blindness, vascular disease, heart disease, high blood pressure, strokes, kidney failure etc......all very expensive to treat once you are afflicted, so fully covering the basic drugs & equipment like insulin, glucometer, test strips & quarterly hg A1c test seems fiscally wise to me.
Agreed! And his hg1ac last quarter was 6.7%!

[/quote]
The current health spending account rules are useless what I'm proposing would look more like a Roth IRA.
[/quote]

Yep, that I could go for....
Old 03-25-2010, 02:58 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Agreed, this is the LEAST heated political debate I have sen on this board.

Nah, they won;t stop smoking because of no Taco Bell - there will always be Twinkies
Hahaha I have never even tried a Twinkie...I think it says in the Constitution you have to eat at least one to be an American citizen
Old 03-25-2010, 03:10 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i w/ Sports & Permium Pkg. Silv/Blk 2008 VW R32 w/Nav. 1992 VW Corrado Silv/Blk-retired 2001 530i Sports/Premium-retired

See? Now THIS I would be in favor of - I detest the Welfare System and I think it should be abolished. Alternatively I think every person who works should be able to continue to do so without the threat of financial ruin if they or a family member is afflicted with a serious long term illness or even an accident. That is all that is needed, allow those that contribute to society reap the most rewards - i.e. affordable healthcare
Exactly, this and the overwhelming reliance on one's employer for health insurance, affects everything.
You make career choices based on who offers you insurance.
You suffer in jobs you hate because of it.
You have great ideas for starting your own business but you don't because you need the insurance.
If you have a small business, you will eventually lose you best people because you can't offer health insurance.
You are less free!!
Old 03-25-2010, 03:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

That is even better - Legalize it and tax it, I can agree with that one even though I have never smoked it. Legalization is way better than letting the drug cartels control the trade. No debate from me on that one
+10000

Well you Californians now have a chance to vote on legalization.
Old 03-25-2010, 03:30 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2015 435xi GC

What do you guys make of these supposed death threats that target Dems who voted for?

Old 03-25-2010, 03:33 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i w/ Sports & Permium Pkg. Silv/Blk 2008 VW R32 w/Nav. 1992 VW Corrado Silv/Blk-retired 2001 530i Sports/Premium-retired

Originally Posted by kscarrol
Agreed! And his hg1ac last quarter was 6.7%!
Great, keep at it.

The current health spending account rules are useless what I'm proposing would look more like a Roth IRA.
Yep, that I could go for....
[/quote]

I fleshed it out before on an old dead thread (please let it stay dead).....check it out.

My Health Saving/spending Account, HSA would be unencumbered by a lot of rules and red tape and would be,
1) Tax free. (with minor exceptions *)
2) Fully portable(you keep it as you move from job to job).
3) Transferable (It can be passed on to your designated beneficiaries tax free.)
4) You can add as much money as you can afford to it.
5) If your employer contributes to your HSA they get a tax cut in the equivalent if they are a small or medium sized business. (Progressively less as the corporation gets larger.) I expect some of you not to like this.
6) No age restrictions but cannot be counted as assets for minors seeking financial aid for school. (so you can have separate accounts for your minor children.)
7) Can be invested but resulting profits can be subject to taxes if removed from the plan to be used for non-health care related expenditures.*
8) Your HSA's principal contributions can only be used for health care related expenditures (including dental, vision, cosmetic, family planning etc.)
9) Your HSA is not subject to liens, lawsuits, alimony,garnishments etc.
10) Your HSA counts among your other assets.
11) Your HSA automatically starts when you start a new job, you must actively opt out if you don't wish to participate.

Old 03-25-2010, 03:54 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by ron_cb550
What do you guys make of these supposed death threats that target Dems who voted for?

I think it's ridiculous. Ignorant people doing stupid things.

Quick Reply: universal healthcare...