Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!
View Poll Results: do u agree, disagree w this statement?
true
73.33%
false
26.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

universal healthcare...

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 02:26 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by Krozi
Look at it this way: A good burger at a normal restaurant cost around $10-15...if suddenly McDonalds cost JUST as much...then yea...you can fill in the rest. Most people don't depend on cigars like they do on cheap food. Every now and then won't be enough to cover the fixed costs for McDonalds. And what will you do when your blazed and ready for some Taco Bell, and the Taco Bell is gone?!?

Good point, however, I don't get blazed. Also, there will always be the $6 bag of Doritos or the normal priced box of Cocoa-Cocoa Puffs for those that do (Cereal being exempt from the taxes due to there actually being nutritional content)
Old 03-25-2010, 02:28 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pjinca
Good point, however, I don't get blazed. Also, there will always be the $6 bag of Doritos or the normal priced box of Cocoa-Cocoa Puffs for those that do (Cereal being exempt from the taxes due to there actually being nutritional content)
It just wouldn't be the same

This was definitely a very good discussion... I have to rest my hands I love these kinds of threads.
Old 03-25-2010, 02:30 PM
Contributors

It just wouldn't be the same

This was definitely a very good discussion... I have to rest my hands I love these kinds of threads.
Yeah, I have to admit, this "debate" is getting funnier every post - Those that get blazed
Old 03-25-2010, 02:33 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Yeah, I have to admit, this "debate" is getting funnier every post - Those that get blazed
This better not turn into a "Legalize It" debate
Old 03-25-2010, 02:35 PM
Contributors

This better not turn into a "Legalize It" debate
That is even better - Legalize it and tax it, I can agree with that one even though I have never smoked it. Legalization is way better than letting the drug cartels control the trade. No debate from me on that one
Old 03-25-2010, 02:37 PM
Contributors

That is even better - Legalize it and tax it, I can agree with that one even though I have never smoked it. Legalization is way better than letting the drug cartels control the trade. No debate from me on that one
How tempting...how tempting...must resist urge to debate I don't blaze very often, but when I do...there better be a Taco Bell around
Old 03-25-2010, 02:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i w/ Sports & Permium Pkg. Silv/Blk 2008 VW R32 w/Nav. 1992 VW Corrado Silv/Blk-retired 2001 530i Sports/Premium-retired

The problem with healthcare (as I see it) is that there are a group of interlocking vicious cycles at play....the major one is:
1) Everyone uses the system=>not everyone can pay=>those who deliver the care artificially inflate the prices to cover the shortfall driving up healthcare cost=> those who pay the largest portion of the bill (Ins. co./Gov.) increase premiums/taxes on the covered.=>less & less people can afford the coverage, but=>everyone uses the system......

I think getting to the point where everyone can afford to pay something, (out of pocket for smaller charges, affordable insurance for larger bills) should be the aim. Believe it or not, I think targeting the wealthy is not only unfair, and unpopular, I don't think it will generate enough money. I'd much rather see the burden spread to everyone, even the poor, a nominal health care tax on middle & low income folks, an equivalent cut in welfare for the unemployed with the savings going into the pool.
Old 03-25-2010, 02:44 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by MiamiPhill
The problem with healthcare (as I see it) is that there are a group of interlocking vicious cycles at play....the major one is:
1) Everyone uses the system=>not everyone can pay=>those who deliver the care artificially inflate the prices to cover the shortfall driving up healthcare cost=> those who pay the largest portion of the bill (Ins. co./Gov.) increase premiums/taxes on the covered.=>less & less people can afford the coverage, but=>everyone uses the system......

I think getting to the point where everyone can afford to pay something, (out of pocket for smaller charges, affordable insurance for larger bills) should be the aim. Believe it or not, I think targeting the wealthy is not only unfair, and unpopular, I don't think it will generate enough money. I'd much rather see the burden spread to everyone, even the poor, a nominal health care tax on middle & low income folks, an equivalent cut in welfare for the unemployed with savings going into the pool.

See? Now THIS I would be in favor of - I detest the Welfare System and I think it should be abolished. Alternatively I think every person who works should be able to continue to do so without the threat of financial ruin if they or a family member is afflicted with a serious long term illness or even an accident. That is all that is needed, allow those that contribute to society reap the most rewards - i.e. affordable healthcare
Old 03-25-2010, 02:45 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2015 435xi GC

My comment was on page 2, and I'm Canadian. Hope that cleared some stuff up I'll let you guys back at eachothers throats now haha
Old 03-25-2010, 02:45 PM
Contributors

How tempting...how tempting...must resist urge to debate I don't blaze very often, but when I do...there better be a Taco Bell around
No, you can have your weed, but NO TACO BELL FOR YOU!!!!

Quick Reply: universal healthcare...