Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

No Front License Plate?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 12:17 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

still dont like the idea of people driving round with no number plates displayed
Old 11-14-2005, 12:32 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2013 535i (White with Oyster Interior. Premium Package, Navigation, Technology Pacakge, Park Distance Control, and Rear View Camera)

Originally Posted by tonye60' post='198208' date='Nov 14 2005, 01:17 PM
still dont like the idea of people driving round with no number plates displayed
I believe the no "waiting period" helps car dealer sell their car easier. US goverment will do everything to help auto industries selling more cars.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:43 PM
Senior Members

Two years with E60 here, no front plate, no ticket.
Jinx!
Old 11-14-2005, 03:26 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

I live in Florida, where the state only gives you 1 plate.... and it has to go on the rear.

Front plates RUIN the look of the car.... regardless of what's on them.

Old 11-14-2005, 03:44 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i; Manual Shifter

Originally Posted by tonye60' post='198208' date='Nov 14 2005, 01:17 PM
I'm sure you've got a good reason, but I can't think of one.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:05 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Jeffs' post='198034' date='Nov 14 2005, 09:48 AM
Yeah it sucks that we have to put front plates here in MA. I got pulled over for no front plates in Wellesley. I still see many people driving without one though....
In Mass, if you have the older green plates, there is only one plate. If you have the newer red, white and blue plate, then there are two. You can't get the older plate anymore, so you see some really faded nasty looking plates on nice cars that don't want the front plate.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:11 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some people like that for performing suidcide (redlight runner) without being caught
Old 11-14-2005, 06:21 PM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Originally Posted by my530i' post='198323' date='Nov 15 2005, 09:11 AM
Some people like that for performing suidcide (redlight runner) without being caught
Yup I like that too

Is this no plate cars running around a west coast thing, coz on the east coast you will never see a car running around with no plate.

Waiting for a BMW is quite normal unless you buy the stock ones, and some of the hotter models like E46 when I brought mine, I am lucky to find one in the stock that I like.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:08 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine white 2004 545, cold weather package, premium sound, sport package.

Originally Posted by Freewilly' post='197957
Can't speak to WA, but I've lived in CA for 15 years and never had a front plate. Got 2 tickets in that time. $10 fix it ticket.
After 12 years of no front plate in CA, I got pulled over early this year. The price go up to $45 now, I have to go to a police department to show them I put my front plate on, and paid the fee.
[/quote]

So did you have to drill out your bumper to mount them? I too have no front plates in CA, but let's say I had to put them on if I was in your situation. I recently drove to vegas so I decided to put on my front plates, but I didnt wanna drill out my bumper. What I used believe it or not was 4 suction cups. They sell them at your local auto shop. I got mine at Pep Boys. Check out their plates aisle. It should be together with the plates screws. I was wonderin what the heck were these used for and the pic on the package was to hang or stick your "designer" license plate, like that retared lookin roundel plate LOL on your window i.e. back window, driver window, or where ever u want it. Well forget the inside I decided to put it on my front bumper. So I did and umm.... it looked pretty good, better than the factory mounts thats like so huge. It's totally flush on the front. The only thing you can put is plate cover/frame because the suction cups aren't long enough to mount it. So if you guys have a ticket or just wanna put your plates temporarily, then this is the way to go. If you plan on looking for those suction cups make sure you get the one that has the cups w/4 white plastic pins. There are 2 types that I know of. The other one simply just let's you hang your plate up not recomended, simply won't work. The pins keep the plate on the cups. All ya gotta do is clean up the surface push your plates on your bumper and voila! Instant mount with no drillin on your cherry bumper. Oh BTW I used this tactic of mine and drove it from L.A. to Vegas and back and I still had my plates on......I wanted to see if it gonna fly off, came back with plates still on and a load of bugs If yall want to see a pic then let me know, I gotta put my plate back and photo it.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:24 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by davepham671' post='198499
Originally Posted by stream' post='197639' date='Nov 13 2005, 09:05 AM
Can't speak to WA, but I've lived in CA for 15 years and never had a front plate. Got 2 tickets in that time. $10 fix it ticket.
After 12 years of no front plate in CA, I got pulled over early this year. The price go up to $45 now, I have to go to a police department to show them I put my front plate on, and paid the fee.

So did you have to drill out your bumper to mount them? I too have no front plates in CA, but let's say I had to put them on if I was in your situation. I recently drove to vegas so I decided to put on my front plates, but I didnt wanna drill out my bumper. What I used believe it or not was 4 suction cups. They sell them at your local auto shop. I got mine at Pep Boys. Check out their plates aisle. It should be together with the plates screws. I was wonderin what the heck were these used for and the pic on the package was to hang or stick your "designer" license plate, like that retared lookin roundel plate LOL on your window i.e. back window, driver window, or where ever u want it. Well forget the inside I decided to put it on my front bumper. So I did and umm.... it looked pretty good, better than the factory mounts thats like so huge. It's totally flush on the front. The only thing you can put is plate cover/frame because the suction cups aren't long enough to mount it. So if you guys have a ticket or just wanna put your plates temporarily, then this is the way to go. If you plan on looking for those suction cups make sure you get the one that has the cups w/4 white plastic pins. There are 2 types that I know of. The other one simply just let's you hang your plate up not recomended, simply won't work. The pins keep the plate on the cups. All ya gotta do is clean up the surface push your plates on your bumper and voila! Instant mount with no drillin on your cherry bumper. Oh BTW I used this tactic of mine and drove it from L.A. to Vegas and back and I still had my plates on......I wanted to see if it gonna fly off, came back with plates still on and a load of bugs If yall want to see a pic then let me know, I gotta put my plate back and photo it.
[/quote]

Thats going to fall off no? I have problems with the suction cups on my radar detector and my Garmin hand held NAV... I would be afraid of 100mph wind against the plate and suction.

MAN I looked at the plate yesterday and I cant figure out a good secure way to put on the front plate w/out drilling!

Quick Reply: No Front License Plate?