Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

This health care reform debate is crazy!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 09:00 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by swajames' post='974692' date='Aug 12 2009, 11:54 PM
Just so we're clear, AWG, it wasn't actually the use of the word "colored" that in itself led to me posting in the thread... It was, as you suspected, the other parts of the post.

Either way, it's time to move on. I think we all accept that you did not mean the posts to come across as they did. It is a sensitive subject, and you hit a few nerves.

And I saw your edit, by the way

And, for the record, I am actually far more important than rogerj's left nut...
alright well like i said maybe my use of the simile was harsh but it was intended to help get my point across.

Black people ran to the polls in record numbers...thats all i was saying. Nothing about blacks being roach's or anything bad.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i, Sport and Premium package, Titanium Silver with Black Dakota Leather interior

All I know is... when it comes to policy, I want specifics. When it comes to debate, I want dialogue. When it comes to disagreement, I want concession. If you want partisanship... build a fire and start with Sean, Rush, Jesse, and Al. Skim the foam off the top.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:03 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by DRANGED' post='974700' date='Aug 12 2009, 11:59 PM
Now back on topic...Brett, why do you hate black people?

Seriously though, why are any of you in favor of nationalized health care? Tell me one thing the Gov't does better than the private sector. Tell me one gov't social program that hasn't been bankrupted or ruined by our Gov't...Medicare, Medicaid, SocialSecurity, PublicSchools you name it.

I'll name one gov't health care option that isn't bankrupted, the health care for congress. You know why? It is privatized!! Surprise!!
Old 08-12-2009, 09:08 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by DRANGED' post='974700' date='Aug 12 2009, 09:59 PM

Seriously though, why are any of you in favor of nationalized health care? Tell me one thing the Gov't does better than the private sector. Tell me one gov't social program that hasn't been bankrupted or ruined by our Gov't...Medicare, Medicaid, SocialSecurity, PublicSchools you name it.

I'll name one gov't health care option that isn't bankrupted, the health care for congress. You know why? It is privatized!! Surprise!!
That doesn't mean you give up. Healthcare should be available to anyone -Welfare however should be abolished, why not use THAT $$$ to pay for healthcare? Where is the American spirit, if so many other countries can do this successfully why can't we? France, the country we all "love to hate" is #1 in healthcare for their citizens and we are 37th, why is that? Because of a well working healthcare system? I think not.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:09 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i w/ Sports & Permium Pkg. Silv/Blk 2008 VW R32 w/Nav. 1992 VW Corrado Silv/Blk-retired 2001 530i Sports/Premium-retired

Originally Posted by rogerj' post='974676' date='Aug 13 2009, 12:42 AM
Phil,
I admit that I am not familiar with all the faces on your post but do you genuinely think that Jesse and Al are altruistic pioneers for the black community? I think we all know them to be opportunistic and self absorbed. They played no role in the election of our president and may have have hindered the process if they attempted to play a larger role. I would be interested to know why you think they are important or relevant.
https://5series.net/forums/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=974694
Old 08-12-2009, 09:10 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by rogerj' post='974702' date='Aug 12 2009, 10:01 PM
All I know is... when it comes to policy, I want specifics. When it comes to debate, I want dialogue. When it comes to disagreement, I want concession. If you want partisanship... build a fire and start with Sean, Rush, Jesse, and Al. Skim the foam off the top.
Agreed, let's remove them from the discussion and talk about the issue before us: National Healthcare, because unlike Jesse, Al, Rush, or Sean this WILL affect all our lives. We need to be more involved and informed - which means stop believing everything you read or hear about in your own chosen publication or information source.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:13 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pjinca' post='974716' date='Aug 12 2009, 10:10 PM
Agreed, let's remove them from the discussion and talk about the issue before us: National Healthcare, because unlike Jesse, Al, Rush, or Sean this WILL affect all our lives. We need to be more involved and informed - which means stop believing everything you read or hear about in your own chosen publication or information source.
Not to threadjack, but love the Avatar, PJ! It's because he's a really good actor, and also an 'SC alumni!!!!!
Old 08-12-2009, 09:16 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i, Sport and Premium package, Titanium Silver with Black Dakota Leather interior

Originally Posted by DRANGED' post='974700' date='Aug 13 2009, 12:59 AM

Dranged,
Here's the deal. If we are talking about ACCESS to healthcare, nobody can do it better than the government. If we are talking about PAYING for healthcare, that is debatable. The fact that a government program has such girth, allows it to dictate costs, much like Walmart does to it's suppliers. This is good for the consumer, maybe not so good for the providers. A private program can deny access to anyone that may be a financial risk, limiting access to consumers with highest health needs, but also allows for more freedom of pricing from the providers. Not an easy debate and not an easy solution. I also think that partisanship on this debate is BS as well.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:19 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Originally Posted by pjinca' post='974713' date='Aug 13 2009, 12:08 AM
That doesn't mean you give up. Healthcare should be available to anyone -Welfare however should be abolished, why not use THAT $$$ to pay for healthcare? Where is the American spirit, if so many other countries can do this successfully why can't we? France, the country we all "love to hate" is #1 in healthcare for their citizens and we are 37th, why is that? Because of a well working healthcare system? I think not.
What does health care have to do with the American spirit? Show me where in the constitution it says we have a right to health care. More Gov't intrusion into our lives is exactly the opposite of the American spirit.

France is #1, we are #37? On what basis were we ranked 37? Who did this study?

Which country has successful socialized medicine? Please define successful? Is success merely saying that everyone has health care. EVERYONE in the United States DOES have access to medical care whether or not that can pay for it. Any hospital that accepts Medicaid by law has to treat you in an emergency. What you are looking for is Universal Insurance, not health care.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:20 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by rogerj' post='974723' date='Aug 12 2009, 10:16 PM
Dranged,
Here's the deal. If we are talking about ACCESS to healthcare, nobody can do it better than the government. If we are talking about PAYING for healthcare, that is debatable. The fact that a government program has such girth, allows it to dictate costs, much like Walmart does to it's suppliers. This is good for the consumer, maybe not so good for the providers. A private program can deny access to anyone that may be a financial risk, limiting access to consumers with highest health needs, but also allows for more freedom of pricing from the providers. Not an easy debate and not an easy solution. I also think that partisanship on this debate is BS as well.

Partisanship on ANY issue is BS, any man who makes up his mind before hearing the issue is a fool, period - regardless of party

Quick Reply: This health care reform debate is crazy!