Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

This health care reform debate is crazy!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 08:12 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='974353' date='Aug 12 2009, 04:35 PM
hey hey hey... i have seen you randomly bash bush before....

What's with every thread developing into a intense political discussion? not that i care. I love to hate politics. I will probably be a politician one day.

Craig, if I'm ever in Tampa again, we need ot go to Crabby Bills have some beer and some crab and talk politics
Old 08-12-2009, 08:14 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i, Sport and Premium package, Titanium Silver with Black Dakota Leather interior

Originally Posted by MiamiPhill' post='974645' date='Aug 13 2009, 12:04 AM
Roger, you posting without reading again.?
oops. yep
Old 08-12-2009, 08:17 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by DRANGED' post='974649' date='Aug 12 2009, 11:10 PM
While I do not condone Brett's terminology or comparisons I think everyone is far too quick to pull the race card. Brett, you do need to clean it up but I do not think you are a racist. White people are not allowed to use the same words as black people, be careful.

96% of black voters voted for Obama while 45% of white voters voted for Obama. Are these black people racist? What about the rest of the white voters, are they racist for not voting for Obama?

BTW, my father, who is 75yrs old, occasionally says "colored". I have to correct him and tell him that term is not ok, is he racist?

My point is while Brett did use derogatory terms and made a horrible comparison, I do not think she is racist, just ignorant. There is a difference.
Yea maybe my simile was a little harsh but it wasnt racist. It was basically supporting the percentages you have posted about black voters.

Maybe its because im from middle america, small town nebraska, but i dont see how colored can be viewed as racist. If i was intending on being racist colored would be the last word i used.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:20 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by DRANGED' post='974649
but when a black man was running they crawled out from the wood work like a bunch of roach's during a feeding frenzy. Correct me if im wrong.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i, Sport and Premium package, Titanium Silver with Black Dakota Leather interior

In all seriousness though. I understand the arguements on both sides. Once you want to introduce pundits like Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh... I am out of the debate because it has become ridiculous. For those of you that associate yourself with one or more of the following... you have marginalized your significance to me. Peace Out!
Old 08-12-2009, 08:29 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by rogerj' post='974580' date='Aug 12 2009, 10:25 PM
AWG, I agree. I am on your side. I would love to be able to ask one simple question.
ok yea a total misunderstanding. I thought you were ganging up on me with swawhoever and miaphil.

What was the 1 question you want to ask?
Old 08-12-2009, 08:30 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by DRANGED' post='974649' date='Aug 12 2009, 09:10 PM
While I do not condone Brett's terminology or comparisons I think everyone is far too quick to pull the race card.

Brett, you do need to clean it up but I do not think you are a racist. White people are not allowed to use the same words as black people, be careful.

96% of black voters voted for Obama while 45% of white voters voted for Obama. Are these black people racist? What about the rest of the white voters, are they racist for not voting for Obama?

BTW, my father, who is 75yrs old, occasionally says "colored". I have to correct him and tell him that term is not ok, is he racist? No, he is not racist, he grew up in a time when that word meant black.

My point is while Brett did use derogatory terms and made a horrible anology(not simile), I do not think she is racist, just ignorant. I mean, hell, she said simile...she is obviously not a wordsmith. There is a difference between ignorant and racist.

Actually you are very incorrect here, racism is born of ignorance and intolerance.
What I was misquoted as saying before was a joke a black friend told a few years back: "as minorities we don't like the idea of being on ice with 10 white boys with sticks" when referring to hockey.
Unlike those that claim to have "black friends", this subject is close to home for me now more than ever. I am a minority (soon to be majority - better start learning Spanish Brett ) , and my sister is also married to a black man (remember the aforementioned man that went to Cornell for BS and Masters - there goes that Ivy league educating another "colored man" again) therefore my niece, by American standards is black.
I know I scare those "bible thumpers" because I am a minority, I am educated, and I love every second of it.
And for those that question what Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton (neither of which i particularly like or agree with) did for this country, I ask - What have YOU done for this country?
I can answer that easily, I served with distinction and honor and answered the call whenever I was needed. I have fought and bled for this country and for the very ability we are expressing here and I dare any of you "non racists" to label me anything but an American.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:39 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pjinca' post='974666' date='Aug 12 2009, 11:30 PM
Actually you are very incorrect here, racism is born of ignorance and intolerance.
What I was misquoted as saying before was a joke a black friend told a few years back: "as minorities we don't like the idea of being on ice with 10 white boys with sticks" when referring to hockey.
Unlike those that claim to have "black friends", this subject is close to home for me now more than ever. I am a minority (soon to be majority - better start learning Spanish Brett ) , and my sister is also married to a black man (remember the aforementioned man that went to Cornell for BS and Masters - there goes that Ivy league educating another "colored man" again) therefore my niece, by American standards is black.
I know I scare those "bible thumpers" because I am a minority, I am educated, and I love every second of it.
And for those that question what Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton (neither of which i particularly like or agree with) did for this country, I ask - What have YOU done for this country?
I can answer that easily, I served with distinction and honor and answered the call whenever I was needed. I have fought and bled for this country and for the very ability we are expressing here and I dare any of you "non racists" to label me anything but an American.
you love it as much as we love hearing your rants about your friends education.
i took spanish.
id consider myself somewhat or a minority - 50% Italian.
I have never served in any of the services but i do pay taxes which is more than some people can say. As far as Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, they have done nothing for me. They are racist, they dont like light colored people. I mean white.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl' post='974657' date='Aug 12 2009, 11:20 PM

Yes Brett, the small part of your analogy that you highlighted was a simile. See what I'm saying, she is not a racist.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:42 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by MiamiPhill' post='974505' date='Aug 12 2009, 10:16 PM
Attachment 86938
Attachment 86939
Attachment 86940
Attachment 86941
Attachment 86942
Attachment 86943
Given your appalling little racist rant I know none of these faces mean much to you, but I'll have you know we 'colored brothas' didn't 'crawl out from the wood work like a bunch of roaches during a feeding frenzy' to vote for them either......
Now slither off to another forum where your brand of vapid ignorance is appreciated.!
Phil,
I admit that I am not familiar with all the faces on your post but do you genuinely think that Jesse and Al are altruistic pioneers for the black community? I think we all know them to be opportunistic and self absorbed. They played no role in the election of our president and may have have hindered the process if they attempted to play a larger role. I would be interested to know why you think they are important or relevant.

Quick Reply: This health care reform debate is crazy!