Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

This health care reform debate is crazy!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 05:48 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Good post, Pipper.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:50 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by DRANGED' post='974725' date='Aug 12 2009, 10:19 PM
France is #1, we are #37? On what basis were we ranked 37? Who did this study?
Ask and Ye Shall Receive:

http://forum.stirpes.net/biology-medicine/...e-rankings.html

Go figure, huh, thought I pulled the #'s out of my arse?
Old 08-13-2009, 05:51 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by pipper' post='974960' date='Aug 13 2009, 06:43 AM
that would be the WHO (world health organization)...we're behind such countries that are renowned for their healthcare such as andorra, colombia, costa rica, and chile but the good news is we're one place ahead of the biotech capital of the world...slovenia (thats sarcasm)
Hey, my parents are from there!!! Yeah, GO AMERICA WE'RE # 37!!!! WHOOO-HOOOO
Old 08-13-2009, 06:07 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

Originally Posted by rogerj' post='974635' date='Aug 12 2009, 11:58 PM
You take yourself so serious that it is hilarious! You are about as important as my left nut. Get a life or a girlfriend, or something...
i would think your lfet nut is VERY important..haha..

seriously this thread sucks ass!

:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: this thread upset's my bitchy ass this morning and people fucking suck! how about that? we should all fucking think before we speak.. man wtf! damm im annoyed this morning!

(its the rain)
Old 08-13-2009, 06:12 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pipper' post='974960' date='Aug 13 2009, 07:43 AM
a 300 year old document has no mention of healthcare? shocking! the concept of healthcare 300 years ago was a banana leaf and earl grey tea!!! the same 300 year old document that 'allows' people (as some people have argued) to buy a 50 caliber rifle or automatic assault rifle to hunt wild game? yup, keep trying to solve modern day issues with an antiquated piece of paper.

that would be the WHO (world health organization)...we're behind such countries that are renowned for their healthcare such as andorra, colombia, costa rica, and chile but the good news is we're one place ahead of the biotech capital of the world...slovenia (thats sarcasm)

EVERY developed country in the world has socialized medicine except for the US. yet the USA spends TWO times as much on healthcare than europe, and THREE times as much as asia, and yet we have the WORSE outcomes. now you can argue thats because we're a country of fat slobs...which is true to a certain extent...1 out of 3 people born after 2000 will develop diabetes in their lifetime, so there has to be a social change as well (i say tax the hell out of mcdonalds and burger king...but thats just my suggestion)

the simple fact is SIXTY percent of all bankruptcies in this country are not due to adjustable-rate mortgages or people with coccaine habits, but because of HEALTHCARE. so nothing should be done about this?
I tend to think that people's poor choices - be it dietary habits, smoking, dangerous activities, IV drug abuse, alcohol abuse, ... as well as people who have cash pay jobs who abuse the system by not reporting any income and get on medicaid, people who know how to work the system and get on medicare (poorly defined illnesses or pain syndromes and they know the right words to use), young people who would rather have an iphone and its monthly data fee than pay for health insurance. It goes on and on. Surely there are some people who truly fall through the cracks and need some sort of catastrophic health coverage, but I don't think the number is as high as was originally thought.

Why has the legal system and tort law reform been left out of the picture?

If we go to universal health care, will physicians be allowed to collectively bargain as nurses now can? It's illegal for physicians.
Old 08-13-2009, 06:13 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by melimel' post='974977' date='Aug 13 2009, 08:07 AM
i would think your lfet nut is VERY important..haha..

seriously this thread sucks ass!

:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: this thread upset's my bitchy ass this morning and people fucking suck! how about that? we should all fucking think before we speak.. man wtf! damm im annoyed this morning!

(its the rain)
It's not that important, unless you've already lost the other one!
Old 08-13-2009, 06:15 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pjinca' post='974966' date='Aug 13 2009, 07:50 AM
Ask and Ye Shall Receive:

http://forum.stirpes.net/biology-medicine/...e-rankings.html

Go figure, huh, thought I pulled the #'s out of my arse?
The United Kingdom is #18. You'd better hope you don't have kidney failure after the age of 65 there - you don't get dialysis! It's just "I'm sorry about your luck".
Old 08-13-2009, 06:19 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by MiamiPhill' post='974766' date='Aug 13 2009, 12:09 AM
+1 I want reform because of this lovely young woman who was a patient of mine, who we fought to keep alive when we had hope for her recovery, and who we let pass on with dignity when we realized all hope was lost. I want it so that none of you on this board will have to have fund raisers, and mortgage you homes to try and save your child's life like Julie's parents did. I want good people like the Werner's to battle their grief without also having to battle nasty calls and letters from collection agencies.
That's why I want reform, people who think they are safe can argue in the abstract all they want....I live the harsh realities of this F'ed up system all day every day. Take the image of the welfare queen, and the industrious of all stripes out of your head, this my friends is about helping the person in the mirror.

Goodnight All
Certainly, that's a sad story. It opens up a whole new bag of worms, though. Would universal health care pay for multi-organ transplants????
I didn't see what her original problem was, as I couldn't get into the "read my story" part.
Old 08-13-2009, 06:20 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

Originally Posted by mjfloyd1' post='974984' date='Aug 13 2009, 10:13 AM
It's not that important, unless you've already lost the other one!
Old 08-13-2009, 06:55 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[quote name='pipper' date='Aug 13 2009, 09:43 AM' post='974960']
a 300 year old document has no mention of healthcare? shocking! the concept of healthcare 300 years ago was a banana leaf and earl grey tea!!! the same 300 year old document that 'allows' people (as some people have argued) to buy a 50 caliber rifle or automatic assault rifle to hunt wild game? yup, keep trying to solve modern day issues with an antiquated piece of paper."

That 300 year old piece of antiquated paper was written by some of the brightest minds this world has ever conjured. The originators of That antiquated piece of paper had the foresight to lay out a groundwork of rights that have withstood the tests of the past 300 years and I hope for 300 more. Name one other nation or country that can say the same and I will refute every answer with historical facts. This country was founded on the principles and beliefs that are contained in that antiquated piece of paper.

You can't just change the rules in the middle of the ball game to suit your every wanting whim. Working within the framework of that antiquated piece of paper I'm sure a decision on healthcare can be reached that is both fair and amicable to all sides. It has worked to grant citizenship to foreigners, voting rights to minority groups, social programs for the unfortunate, etc., etc. The government we have now and have had has failed to use this 300 year old document and often times trashes it at our, the citizens, expense. Everytime the above happens we lose more of our inalienable rights.
(the above written paragraph is key here)

Buying a 50-caliber weapon has NOTHING to do with our debate on healthcare; yes it does allow you to purchase this weapon but it is YOUR choice. "Choice" being the key word here.

In ending: I will gladly take our antiquated piece of paper over any document any despot, dictator, self-appointed ruler or emporer has ever written throughout recorded history included the "Code of Hammurabi".

Quick Reply: This health care reform debate is crazy!