Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

This health care reform debate is crazy!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009 | 09:46 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i, Sport and Premium package, Titanium Silver with Black Dakota Leather interior

Not to go off topic again..., but I just re-read the whole thread and I must admit AWG that I was disturbed by your posts. I definitely can not justify your choice of words. I am far from politically correct and have made my fair share of mistakes... but I can't defend your choice of words. Apologize and move on...
Old 08-12-2009 | 10:04 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sdg1871' post='974630' date='Aug 12 2009, 11:53 PM
If you have political ambitions, be very careful about what you wite on any public forum because if you run for an office of significance, some opposition researcher will ferret out your identity on boards such as this and use your writing against you.

I' gave up on my former political ambitions a long time ago so I don't care what I write -- I write what I believe. But if you intend to run for office, you definitely should watch what you write here as someone will dig up your posts and tie them to you.

I am not going near the political debate raging in this thread as I don't see that any good could come of it.
Scott, I appreciate the insight. I do foresee a political future. I try to be careful about what I say on the forums, it is always in the back of my mind. I am "growing up" in the age of the internet. when i am running for some political office in 15 years from now and someone pulls something i said off of a BMW forum to use against me, i wont be surprised, but i cant imagine what my future competition has written on their myspace page right now

i joke a lot on this forum, that is my nature. i am always cautious around sensitive issues. every time i do something, i think of how it may hinder a political career. hell, i wont date a woman who has a tattoo you could see in a dress for fear of actually falling in love and being stuck with someone who would be out of place at a banquet or a dinner party at the governors mansion.

anytime i post something i am cognizant of how it may impact my goals. that said, if i have posted it on here in a serious context, i deserve to have it used against me if the opposition feels it necessary. I stand by my word, but that isnt to say my ideals wont change in the next 15 years. I will always be who i am, and stand behind what I say.

based on my past posts, i think i have lost the fat people votes and the old people votes so far.

if the hopes of a political career affect my ability to lead a great life and prevents me from speaking my mind, then i dont want it.

you said it best, "life inst a dress rehearsal." since then i have taken some big steps towards securing my dream, but I wont sell out to achieve my dream. If i dont like someone or agree with them, I am going to tell them... and if i can grab a few cheap laughs from the audience while doing it, I will.

I am just rambling now. I am quite tired and did my best to gather some thoughts and process them through a keyboard onto a computer monitor.
Old 08-12-2009 | 10:09 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i w/ Sports & Permium Pkg. Silv/Blk 2008 VW R32 w/Nav. 1992 VW Corrado Silv/Blk-retired 2001 530i Sports/Premium-retired

Originally Posted by rogerj' post='974723' date='Aug 13 2009, 01:16 AM
Dranged,
Here's the deal. If we are talking about ACCESS to healthcare, nobody can do it better than the government. If we are talking about PAYING for healthcare, that is debatable. The fact that a government program has such girth, allows it to dictate costs, much like Walmart does to it's suppliers. This is good for the consumer, maybe not so good for the providers. A private program can deny access to anyone that may be a financial risk, limiting access to consumers with highest health needs, but also allows for more freedom of pricing from the providers. Not an easy debate and not an easy solution. I also think that partisanship on this debate is BS as well.
+1 I want reform because of this lovely young woman who was a patient of mine, who we fought to keep alive when we had hope for her recovery, and who we let pass on with dignity when we realized all hope was lost. I want it so that none of you on this board will have to have fund raisers, and mortgage you homes to try and save your child's life like Julie's parents did. I want good people like the Werner's to battle their grief without also having to battle nasty calls and letters from collection agencies.
That's why I want reform, people who think they are safe can argue in the abstract all they want....I live the harsh realities of this F'ed up system all day every day. Take the image of the welfare queen, and the industrious of all stripes out of your head, this my friends is about helping the person in the mirror.

Goodnight All
Old 08-12-2009 | 10:12 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Originally Posted by MiamiPhill' post='974766' date='Aug 13 2009, 01:09 AM
+1 I want reform because of this lovely young woman who was a patient of mine, who we fought to keep alive when we had hope for her recovery, and who we let pass on with dignity when we realized all hope was lost. I want it so that none of you on this board will have to have fund raisers, and mortgage you homes to try and save your child's life like Julie's parents did. I want good people like the Werner's to battle their grief without also having to battle nasty calls and letters from collection agencies.
That's why I want reform, people who think they are safe can argue in the abstract all they want....I live the harsh realities of this F'ed up system all day every day. Take the image of the welfare queen, and the industrious of all stripes out of your head, this my friends is about helping the person in the mirror.

Goodnight All
I would rather mortgage my home than mortgage my liberty. ?
Old 08-12-2009 | 10:16 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pjinca' post='974652' date='Aug 13 2009, 12:12 AM
Craig, if I'm ever in Tampa again, we need ot go to Crabby Bills have some beer and some crab and talk politics
yes. yes we will.
Old 08-12-2009 | 10:18 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by DRANGED' post='974769' date='Aug 13 2009, 02:12 AM
I would rather mortgage my home than mortgage my liberty.?

EDIT: for dranged ?Added
Old 08-12-2009 | 10:20 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='974774' date='Aug 13 2009, 01:18 AM
I had to edit my post and add a trademark.
Old 08-13-2009 | 02:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by MiamiPhill' post='974766' date='Aug 13 2009, 02:09 AM

Goodnight All
Ok, I'll weigh in.
Old 08-13-2009 | 02:50 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='974763' date='Aug 13 2009, 02:04 AM
Scott, I appreciate the insight. I do foresee a political future. I try to be careful about what I say on the forums, it is always in the back of my mind. I am "growing up" in the age of the internet. when i am running for some political office in 15 years from now and someone pulls something i said off of a BMW forum to use against me, i wont be surprised, but i cant imagine what my future competition has written on their myspace page right now

i joke a lot on this forum, that is my nature. i am always cautious around sensitive issues. every time i do something, i think of how it may hinder a political career. hell, i wont date a woman who has a tattoo you could see in a dress for fear of actually falling in love and being stuck with someone who would be out of place at a banquet or a dinner party at the governors mansion.

anytime i post something i am cognizant of how it may impact my goals. that said, if i have posted it on here in a serious context, i deserve to have it used against me if the opposition feels it necessary. I stand by my word, but that isnt to say my ideals wont change in the next 15 years. I will always be who i am, and stand behind what I say.

based on my past posts, i think i have lost the fat people votes and the old people votes so far.

if the hopes of a political career affect my ability to lead a great life and prevents me from speaking my mind, then i dont want it.

you said it best, "life inst a dress rehearsal." since then i have taken some big steps towards securing my dream, but I wont sell out to achieve my dream. If i dont like someone or agree with them, I am going to tell them... and if i can grab a few cheap laughs from the audience while doing it, I will.

I am just rambling now. I am quite tired and did my best to gather some thoughts and process them through a keyboard onto a computer monitor.

Just remember, winning elections is a dirty, personal and often brutal business where every flaw, mistake and facet of your personal life is dug up by your opponents and used against you. You'd be safer with a nice looking woman with a non-offensive tatoo on her back then having written posts containing material that is racist, sexist, etc. I don't recall that you have (although overweight people will be coming for you Criag).
Old 08-13-2009 | 05:43 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 525

Originally Posted by DRANGED' post='974725
France is #1, we are #37? On what basis were we ranked 37? Who did this study?
that would be the WHO (world health organization)...we're behind such countries that are renowned for their healthcare such as andorra, colombia, costa rica, and chile but the good news is we're one place ahead of the biotech capital of the world...slovenia (thats sarcasm)

Originally Posted by DRANGED' post='974725' date='Aug 13 2009, 01:19 AM
Which country has successful socialized medicine? Please define successful? Is success merely saying that everyone has health care. EVERYONE in the United States DOES have access to medical care whether or not that can pay for it. Any hospital that accepts Medicaid by law has to treat you in an emergency. What you are looking for is Universal Insurance, not health care.
EVERY developed country in the world has socialized medicine except for the US. yet the USA spends TWO times as much on healthcare than europe, and THREE times as much as asia, and yet we have the WORSE outcomes. now you can argue thats because we're a country of fat slobs...which is true to a certain extent...1 out of 3 people born after 2000 will develop diabetes in their lifetime, so there has to be a social change as well (i say tax the hell out of mcdonalds and burger king...but thats just my suggestion)

the simple fact is SIXTY percent of all bankruptcies in this country are not due to adjustable-rate mortgages or people with coccaine habits, but because of HEALTHCARE. so nothing should be done about this?

Quick Reply: This health care reform debate is crazy!