F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

F10 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 08:09 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Microstar
Has anyone tried out Voice Control and Active Cruise Control with Stop & Go Function? Seem a little steep to pay for these 2 features ..
ACC could be potentially useful, especially for traffic snarls/jams due to the stop and go function. Not sure if this is the same system/supplier used for the Jaguar XF but a hack from Autocar UK (or maybe CAR UK) tried it out on a 1,000+ miles round trip where it worked flawlessly. The key improvement over the standard cruise control is, obviously, the ability of the system to modulate speed and, if necessary, stop before resuming speed when traffic conditions allow. IMV, its probably most useful for long trips such as those on the NSE in Malaysia, where standard control is not that useful due to the amount of traffic on the roads. For trips within SG, it would be, for lack of a better word, decadent option. My only concerns about such a system would be (a) you will never know when it has failed until you hit whatever is in front of you and (b) how it will deal with the typical motorist who sees a 2-second gap as an open invitation to slot in front of you and 1-second or no gap as a challenge to do so As for the pricing, its similar to what Jaguar is asking for the XF - about $5k.
Old 05-26-2010, 08:22 AM
Members

Originally Posted by jellyfish
bimmernic, that was my exact sentiment. I was quite disappointed that PML did not want to bring in the 528. I suspect the rationale may have to do with logistics because pml does not want to train their techies and maintain parts for 3 different engines for 3 cars in the lineup...
The BMW honchos at the Malaysian launch were queried as to why Malaysia would not be getting the N53 DI engine (this is the 3.0l engine employed in the 523/528 for ROW). Apparently, the high sulfur content of the local fuel would result in the injectors clogging up prematurely. But, but, and I don't know how, the managed to solve this for the turbo charged DI engine in the 535. I wouldn't be surprised if PML brings in the 528 in about a year's time though my SE was quite sure that PML was unlikely to do so, citing the lack of 330s in the local market. Hopefully, when the LCI comes around, BMW would have introduced the long rumoured small capacity turbo petrol engine. With any luck, it might be a 4/6 cylinder engine putting out 200+ bhp and 300+ Nm a la the Audi 2.0 TFSI engine (but hopefully less gruff
Old 05-26-2010, 08:32 AM
Members

Originally Posted by heerajs
Hi everyone. I collected my F10 523i on saturday from PML. Got Sapphire Black with Cinnamon Brown.
Do any of you bros know where i can find the Mobility Set in the car. I suppose that it is a standard option with the car according to the catalogue i got from my SE.
Also, do any of you have any idea as to where i may find the CD changer in the car?
Thanks in advance!
Hi heerajs, congratulations! Have you collected your "fierce" rims from Hurry yet? Was there on Monday afternoon and there was already a set of 17" wheels traded in.

There is no mobility set. Not needed for RFTs. Try Tyre Guardian if you are going use non-RFTs for your new rims. Demo video, while not slick, is quite impressive. Imagine having your tyres punctured by 6+ nails and losing only about 1 +/- Psi of pressure.

Also, there is no CD changer for the F10 since the 6FL USB audio interface is standard. OTOH, there is the option of the 6 DVD changer (which is standard on the 535).
Old 05-26-2010, 09:53 AM
Members

Originally Posted by jellyfish
bimmernic, that was my exact sentiment. I was quite disappointed that PML did not want to bring in the 528. I suspect the rationale may have to do with logistics because pml does not want to train their techies and maintain parts for 3 different engines for 3 cars in the lineup...
I suspect another reason may be PML is afraid 528 will cannibalise sale of 535. Given that its only 0.6 seconds from 0 to 100km, 528 is likely offer good value.
Old 05-26-2010, 03:52 PM
Members

My Ride: F10 523i W221 S300L Boxster S

Originally Posted by bimmernic
Hi heerajs, congratulations! Have you collected your "fierce" rims from Hurry yet? Was there on Monday afternoon and there was already a set of 17" wheels traded in.

There is no mobility set. Not needed for RFTs. Try Tyre Guardian if you are going use non-RFTs for your new rims. Demo video, while not slick, is quite impressive. Imagine having your tyres punctured by 6+ nails and losing only about 1 +/- Psi of pressure.

Also, there is no CD changer for the F10 since the 6FL USB audio interface is standard. OTOH, there is the option of the 6 DVD changer (which is standard on the 535).
Hi Bimmernic. Thank You very much. I managed to collect my rims from hurry. I believe those 17"inch wheels might have been from my ride. I will also check Tyre Guardian out.
Old 05-27-2010, 08:03 AM
Members

For those contemplating "upgrading" the 523 engine:

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/boss-mo...2-engines.html

http://burgertuning.com/BMS_Power_Box.html

Dyno figures (below) for an E90 323 look quite impressive:
Attached Thumbnails F10 for Singaporeans-powerbox.jpg  
Old 05-27-2010, 10:11 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Are your cars coming from the German Dingolfing plant or from the Chinese factory?
Old 05-27-2010, 05:16 PM
Members

My Ride: May 2005 BMW 523i

Originally Posted by Ricracing
Are your cars coming from the German Dingolfing plant or from the Chinese factory?
Hi Ricraracing, the cars are coming from the Dingolfing plant. The chinese factory is only for the chinese market.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:05 PM
Members

Has anyone in Singapore collected their F10 523i with Integral Active Steering? How does it feel compare to standard electronic steering? Any difference in ride comfortable?
Old 06-04-2010, 05:45 AM
Senior Members

The F10 535i looks tempting - saw that parallel importers are pricing them a sizable margin below PML's, any bros here tried buying from the PIs?? What's the catch?? Thanks

Quick Reply: F10 for Singaporeans