F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

F10 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 05:23 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kiasu King, any news when your car will arrive? I ordered mine the last week of March (around the same time as you), but until today there is still no ETA date. Its quite unbelievable that its taking such a long time.

Did your SE confirm to you that the Professional Navigation System is now FOC? No update from my SE.

Thanks
Old 07-06-2010, 06:35 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2010 535i M Sport 6MT
Model Year: 2010

Originally Posted by Kiasu King
I don't think DDC is a must have in Singapore. I opted for the Integral Active Steering as my current E60 has active steering and I am loving it because it makes the car a lot easier to drive. I have driven an E60 without active steering (only servotronic) and the feeling is not what I like (may be because I am so used to active steering.). So, between DDC and IAS, my advice is to go for the IAS.
How is DDC used in Singapore? In the US, one could use DDC for varying city street surface quality, and for high-speed motoring.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:55 PM
Members

oZZo, it was supposed to be end June. Now it is end July or early August. There is a report that BMW sold out their F10 worldwide for this year and the wait is 4 to 5 months for those who book now. I booked mine on 24 Mar. As for the Professional Navigation System, my SE did tell me I will get mine FOC. If you book the 523i HL, it should be FOC as I understand the smaller screen cannot work with the GPS.

Originally Posted by oZZo
Kiasu King, any news when your car will arrive? I ordered mine the last week of March (around the same time as you), but until today there is still no ETA date. Its quite unbelievable that its taking such a long time.

Did your SE confirm to you that the Professional Navigation System is now FOC? No update from my SE.

Thanks
Old 07-06-2010, 06:58 PM
Members

Not much use for Singapore roads. Speed limit is 90 km/h on the highway. And street surface is very good around the small island.

Originally Posted by vkhong
How is DDC used in Singapore? In the US, one could use DDC for varying city street surface quality, and for high-speed motoring.
Old 07-06-2010, 11:22 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Kiasu King
oZZo, it was supposed to be end June. Now it is end July or early August. There is a report that BMW sold out their F10 worldwide for this year and the wait is 4 to 5 months for those who book now. I booked mine on 24 Mar. As for the Professional Navigation System, my SE did tell me I will get mine FOC. If you book the 523i HL, it should be FOC as I understand the smaller screen cannot work with the GPS.
Kiasu King, do you know which production month that your unit was allocated to? I too ordered on 23 March but delayed the production month to May to enable me to make up my mind on the options to add. Was informed about a month back that ETA would be July/August but have not heard from my SE since. Does PML normally give you ample notice of the ETA?
Old 07-07-2010, 03:11 AM
Members

Originally Posted by bimmernic
Kiasu King, do you know which production month that your unit was allocated to? I too ordered on 23 March but delayed the production month to May to enable me to make up my mind on the options to add. Was informed about a month back that ETA would be July/August but have not heard from my SE since. Does PML normally give you ample notice of the ETA?
I booked mine on 24 March too. I was finally informed that the ETA date for my car will be 28 July. Most likely all our cars are on the same ship. This means collection will only be in early August.
Old 07-07-2010, 03:16 AM
Members

Thanks. Good to know we get it for free. OMV is terribly low for the new 5. Nice to know that they are willing to share out some of their profit.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:13 AM
Members

Originally Posted by oZZo
I booked mine on 24 March too. I was finally informed that the ETA date for my car will be 28 July. Most likely all our cars are on the same ship. This means collection will only be in early August.
Hi everyone, I placed my order on 24 March and was initially told that car not expected here till August due to the options added. Got a message from my SE yesterday that car is on a ship and ETA is 11 or 12 July. From there, it's about 2 weeks before I get the car. Very good chance that your rides are also on board the vessel - can check with your SEs.
Old 07-07-2010, 06:04 PM
Members

My production month is June. PML will give 10 days notice of delivery. It is the time they need to prepare the car for delivery.

Old 07-07-2010, 06:05 PM
Members

jellyfish, I bet my car is now chatting with yours on the same ship and looking forward to meet us.

Originally Posted by jellyfish
Hi everyone, I placed my order on 24 March and was initially told that car not expected here till August due to the options added. Got a message from my SE yesterday that car is on a ship and ETA is 11 or 12 July. From there, it's about 2 weeks before I get the car. Very good chance that your rides are also on board the vessel - can check with your SEs.

Quick Reply: F10 for Singaporeans