F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

F10 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 11:05 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oZZo, My SE just confirmed my car not on the same ship. Did you order any options? SE said because I ordered a number of options, my car will come later.

Originally Posted by oZZo
I booked mine on 24 March too. I was finally informed that the ETA date for my car will be 28 July. Most likely all our cars are on the same ship. This means collection will only be in early August.
Old 07-08-2010, 02:59 AM
Members

Just been informed this morning that my May production unit (with options) will be arriving within these few days (must the ship with the July 11 - 12 ETA dates) and that I should be collecting the car by the end of the month
Old 07-08-2010, 05:38 AM
Members

bimmernic, congrats! Pl post your experience with the car after you collected it.

Originally Posted by bimmernic
Just been informed this morning that my May production unit (with options) will be arriving within these few days (must the ship with the July 11 - 12 ETA dates) and that I should be collecting the car by the end of the month
Old 07-08-2010, 04:51 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Kiasu King
oZZo, My SE just confirmed my car not on the same ship. Did you order any options? SE said because I ordered a number of options, my car will come later.
Kiasu King, I only ordered rather basic options. Auto rear window blind, sports steering and transmission, professional navigation, and selected dark wood panel and cinnamon brown car leather. Probably its your IAS that is delaying production of your car. Frankly, I don't see why any option should require longer time since it should be part of their normal production run.
Old 07-08-2010, 06:17 PM
Members

I agree with you. I think my SE submitted the order late. I think those who made a lot of noises will get their cars first.

Originally Posted by oZZo
Kiasu King, I only ordered rather basic options. Auto rear window blind, sports steering and transmission, professional navigation, and selected dark wood panel and cinnamon brown car leather. Probably its your IAS that is delaying production of your car. Frankly, I don't see why any option should require longer time since it should be part of their normal production run.
Old 07-09-2010, 09:30 AM
Members

bimmernic, congrats! Pl post your experience with the car after you collected it.
Will try to do so

I agree with you. I think my SE submitted the order late. I think those who made a lot of noises will get their cars first.
It could have been due to the colour combination chosen and whether it was a base or highline model. Apparently, in March, if you had booked a Black/Cinnamon Brown Highline combination, the earliest production month would have been around June.
Old 07-09-2010, 09:31 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

For those contemplating "upgrading" the 523 engine:
http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/boss-mo...2-engines.html
http://burgertuning.com/BMS_Power_Box.html
Dyno figures (below) for an E90 323 look quite impressive:
Compared to the F10 L4 520d engine with 135 kW and 380 Nm that's not so impressive.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:04 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Ricracing
Compared to the F10 L4 520d engine with 135 kW and 380 Nm that's not so impressive.
Indeed. However, compared to the stock 323/523 engine, which is essentially a detuned 2.5l NA (naturally aspirated) engine, the gains are quite substantive. As it is, the 2.0l petrol turbo (with a Hirsch Stage 1 upgrade) on my current car already produces 195 Bhp /310 Nm, which puts the 2.5l engine in the 523 to shame. If I could, I would have gone for the 520d or even the 530d. However, the engine capacity/road tax for diesel cars in Singapore are punitive. So, you will rarely find diesel powered cars (other than taxis) in Singapore.
Old 07-24-2010, 08:47 PM
Members

Will try to do so

It could have been due to the colour combination chosen and whether it was a base or highline model. Apparently, in March, if you had booked a Black/Cinnamon Brown Highline combination, the earliest production month would have been around June.

I suppose you have collected your brand new car! Please share your experience with us.
Old 07-24-2010, 08:53 PM
Members

My car will be arriving this week. This means I can finally collect it in couple of weeks after 4 months of waiting!

As its the first time I am having a white car (plus non metallic paint), please give me some tips on how to manage it. Also, do I need to send it in for several rounds of claying and polishing to protect the paint work?

Thanks

Quick Reply: F10 for Singaporeans