F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

F10 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 05:02 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi bravojs, glad you are enjoying the car. There is no doubt it is a great car.

Originally Posted by bravojs
Just topped up petrol for the second time. 80% Highway, I am achieving about 9.7 L /100KM. Hopefully after break in, the consumption will decrease further.

In reference to the above post about storage space, I personally feel that the storage space is marginally more then the E60's The 6 DVD Changer can be stowed into a recess above the glove compartment box. Howver i feel the glove compartment box is just adequate, although if you have a passenger, opening the glove compartment box will most likely contact his knee.

As for comments about the Fine wood Ash-grain being too light and unappealing, I think it would depend on the colour of the interior. I think for colours like grey, it is quite okay. Also on the UK configurator site, there are two tones for the Ash-grain trim, the darker one maybe more suitable for darker coloured interiors.

Coming from an 05 model, the iDrive does involve a moderate learning curve, but utilizing the favourites button definately makes the GPS and other functions more easy to use. The voice Control is pretty useless for me as it dosent understand what i'm trying to say 90% of the time.

Also for comments that Parking Assistant does not work well, I find that for me it has worked 4/5 times. I think a proper understanding of the principle, the system's limitations, will lead to more successful attempts by the car.

Thats pretty much all I have for now. The car has covered 520 Km since saturday, and I m mighty impressed by it.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:13 AM
Members

Originally Posted by bravojs
Just topped up petrol for the second time. 80% Highway, I am achieving about 9.7 L /100KM. Hopefully after break in, the consumption will decrease further.
Wow thats good, i am averaging about 12..5 L/100KM but mostly city driving. Agree that the sports mode is much more responsive . However when u floor the accelerator, there is a slight lag is response. But it is much better on the sports mode.

The ride is good. My only complain on my base model is that the sound system is bad. regret not getting the highline.
Old 05-26-2010, 04:53 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Franc
Wow thats good, i am averaging about 12..5 L/100KM but mostly city driving. Agree that the sports mode is much more responsive . However when u floor the accelerator, there is a slight lag is response. But it is much better on the sports mode.

The ride is good. My only complain on my base model is that the sound system is bad. regret not getting the highline.
That's pretty good for a 1.7 tonne car.
Old 05-26-2010, 05:43 AM
Members

Hi bravojs, Kinggo & oZZo, thanks for the feedback. Hopefully, it won't be slower than my current car.

Somehow, I get this feeling that the 523 engine is the same as the previous E60 525 engine. The torque figures are the same and while the power output appears to be lower at 204 Bhp, this was measured at 6300 rpm, whereas the 525 puts out 219 Bhp(?) at 6500 rpm. So, is there a possibility that the 523 will also put out 219 Bhp if measured at 6500 rpm ? I was actually keen on the 528 but my SE mentioned that PML will not be bringing that in, saying that they did not know how to position it. Given $60k gap between the 523HL and the 535, there might be a slot for it between $250k - 260k.

As for tuning the N52B25 engine, there may be potential to extract another 20+ Nm and 10+ Bhp from it. Understand that BOSS Motorsports offers the PowerBox ECU piggyback remap from Burger Motorsports, a US tuning company. There's even local dyno plots evidencing the performance gains. Something worth exploring?
Old 05-26-2010, 05:52 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Franc
My only complain on my base model is that the sound system is bad. regret not getting the highline.
+1. Thought that PML would have offered at least the Hi Fi loudspeaker system for the prices that they are charging. Since I was not keen to go aftermarket, I opted for the Hi Fi Pro system. Hopefully, it would be decent.
Old 05-26-2010, 06:02 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Kiasu King
Hi Jellyfish,

In terms of front seat storage space, it is not much difference compared to E60 but adequate for parking coupon etc.
Thanks KK.
Old 05-26-2010, 06:13 AM
Members

Originally Posted by bimmernic
Hi bravojs, Kinggo & oZZo, thanks for the feedback. Hopefully, it won't be slower than my current car.

Somehow, I get this feeling that the 523 engine is the same as the previous E60 525 engine. The torque figures are the same and while the power output appears to be lower at 204 Bhp, this was measured at 6300 rpm, whereas the 525 puts out 219 Bhp(?) at 6500 rpm. So, is there a possibility that the 523 will also put out 219 Bhp if measured at 6500 rpm ? I was actually keen on the 528 but my SE mentioned that PML will not be bringing that in, saying that they did not know how to position it. Given $60k gap between the 523HL and the 535, there might be a slot for it between $250k - 260k.

As for tuning the N52B25 engine, there may be potential to extract another 20+ Nm and 10+ Bhp from it. Understand that BOSS Motorsports offers the PowerBox ECU piggyback remap from Burger Motorsports, a US tuning company. There's even local dyno plots evidencing the performance gains. Something worth exploring?
bimmernic, that was my exact sentiment. I was quite disappointed that PML did not want to bring in the 528. I suspect the rationale may have to do with logistics because pml does not want to train their techies and maintain parts for 3 different engines for 3 cars in the lineup...
Old 05-26-2010, 07:22 AM
Members

My Ride: F10 523i W221 S300L Boxster S

Hi everyone. I collected my F10 523i on saturday from PML. Got Sapphire Black with Cinnamon Brown.
Do any of you bros know where i can find the Mobility Set in the car. I suppose that it is a standard option with the car according to the catalogue i got from my SE.
Also, do any of you have any idea as to where i may find the CD changer in the car?
Thanks in advance!
Old 05-26-2010, 07:45 AM
Members

Originally Posted by heerajs
Hi everyone. I collected my F10 523i on saturday from PML. Got Sapphire Black with Cinnamon Brown.
Do any of you bros know where i can find the Mobility Set in the car. I suppose that it is a standard option with the car according to the catalogue i got from my SE.
Also, do any of you have any idea as to where i may find the CD changer in the car?
Thanks in advance!

Hi Heerajs,

Congrats on getting your new F10 so early! Still waiting for mine.

Did not hear of any Mobility Set. I think it is only included for cars that come without RFTs. Since all the F10 models in Spore come with RFTs, I don't suppose the Mobility set is included.

As for the CD changer, only 535i has it. Anyway I find a CD changer not needed these days ... just plug in a thumbdrive.

So how do you find the car so far?
Old 05-26-2010, 08:04 AM
Members

My Ride: F10 523i W221 S300L Boxster S

Originally Posted by Kinggo
Hi Heerajs,

Congrats on getting your new F10 so early! Still waiting for mine.

Did not hear of any Mobility Set. I think it is only included for cars that come without RFTs. Since all the F10 models in Spore come with RFTs, I don't suppose the Mobility set is included.

As for the CD changer, only 535i has it. Anyway I find a CD changer not needed these days ... just plug in a thumbdrive.

So how do you find the car so far?
Hi Kinggo!

I am loving the F10. In my opinion, It definitely drives better than the E60. I also feel that that its better than the E60 comfort wise. Simply enjoying it.
I am also currently facing problems with viewing my playlist in my ipod using the USB interface. When i click on playlist using the I-drive, I am unable to view any playlists.

Quick Reply: F10 for Singaporeans