F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

F10 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 11:20 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Black Sapphire Metallic 07' 550i

Originally Posted by Kinggo
I think the Options list can be seen in the BMW configurator.
Probably only the Sales Executives would have price list though .....
So whatever option that is available in the U.S. will also be made available for order in Singapore?
Old 05-24-2010, 12:54 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Microstar
So whatever option that is available in the U.S. will also be made available for order in Singapore?
I believe that all the body, interior and gadget options are available as long as one is willing to pay and wait for the customization.
Engine choices are currently limited to the 523i (2.5L) and 535i (3L turbo). Can't speed much in Spore... Max allowable is 90km/h on highways!
If one is caught speeding twice within a two year period .... driving licence is suspended
Old 05-24-2010, 04:10 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Microstar
Do any of you new F10 SG owners have an electronic copy of the options list and its respective prices? Haven't been down to the showroom and would like to research before that..
Here you go ...
Old 05-24-2010, 05:23 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Kinggo
I believe that all the body, interior and gadget options are available as long as one is willing to pay and wait for the customization.
Engine choices are currently limited to the 523i (2.5L) and 535i (3L turbo). Can't speed much in Spore... Max allowable is 90km/h on highways!
If one is caught speeding twice within a two year period .... driving licence is suspended
I see...thanks! No wonder 550i isn't available in Spore...
Old 05-24-2010, 05:24 AM
Members

Originally Posted by bimmernic
Here you go ...
Where do i go?
Just kidding...thanks in advance!!
Old 05-24-2010, 05:44 AM
Members

Here you go ...

Yah lah Bimmernic ..... go WHERE?????
Old 05-24-2010, 09:13 AM
Members

Mea culpa...
Attached Thumbnails F10 for Singaporeans-f10-options_0310.jpg  
Old 05-24-2010, 11:04 PM
Members

Originally Posted by snkpkp
hi, do you think they have an F10 in the showroom to look at? I just want to see the color combination in person and order mine, I wouldnt mind coming to Singapore and see one, but if they dont, it would be a waste of time....would be great if someone can update me some info....
If you are still keen, PML Alexandra has 10 units on display. Exterior colours - Imperial Blue, Sophisto Grey, Sapphire Black, Deep Sea Blue, Alpine White, Milano Biege, Havana. Interior colours - Oyster/Black, Oyster/Oyster, Veneto Biege, Cinnamon and Black. Trims - Black High Gloss, Light Ash High Gloss, Fineline Anthracite.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:33 PM
Members

test drove the F10 523i Highline today. Initial impressions as follows:

1. Very refined and comfortable.Much quieter than E60 despite runflat tyres.
2. Can feel bulkiness of the car from the driver's seat with the bulging bonnet in front.
3. Pick up not that great (E60 seemed more responsive) although hp / torque has increased from 190hp / 230Nm for E60 523i to 204hp / 250Nm for F10. 535i would be great but at close to S$300,000, need to strike lottery to justify buying it.
4. Interior ergonomics are fantastic (at last I can rest my head on the headrest) and the buttons / switches a joy to touch and operate.
5. iDrive has lots of information but quite tedious to navigate
6. Nav Pro 10 inch screen has gorgeous screen resolution but GPS quite cumbersome to operate
7. Oyster / black interior trim a fantastic combination although oyster will get dirty easily
8. Anthracite fine line wood trim looks very luxurious but the standard ash grain trim is too light to my liking and looks cheap. Glad I opted for the anthracite trim.
9. Car not equipped with Sports Auto Transmission which I opted; so did not try the paddle shift and sports mode
10.Steering with servotronic is surprisingly light and not as heavy as some people had commented. Hope the Integral Active Steering I opted does not take away the steering feel entirely.
11.Car looks great from the outside with very graceful (from the side) and aggressive (from the front) stance

Overall, it is definitely a better car than the E60 although I would not say there is compulsion for current E60 owners (especially those driving the 190hp LCI model) to change to F10. In my case, as my E60 is the first batch delivered in 2003 in Singapore (the 170hp model), the F10 is definitely miles ahead and I can't wait to take delivery in July. Coming from an E39, then E60, I feel the most significant progress of the F10 is in terms of quality of interior trim and ride comfort, although in terms of drive feel (the unique BMW drive feel), handling and styling, I would not say that it is much better than its predecessors. The unique BMW "purring" engine feel is no longer there for the F10.

If you are still keen, PML Alexandra has 10 units on display. Exterior colours - Imperial Blue, Sophisto Grey, Sapphire Black, Deep Sea Blue, Alpine White, Milano Biege, Havana. Interior colours - Oyster/Black, Oyster/Oyster, Veneto Biege, Cinnamon and Black. Trims - Black High Gloss, Light Ash High Gloss, Fineline Anthracite.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:24 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Kiasu King
test drove the F10 523i Highline today. Initial impressions as follows:

1. Very refined and comfortable.Much quieter than E60 despite runflat tyres.
2. Can feel bulkiness of the car from the driver's seat with the bulging bonnet in front.
3. Pick up not that great (E60 seemed more responsive) although hp / torque has increased from 190hp / 230Nm for E60 523i to 204hp / 250Nm for F10. 535i would be great but at close to S$300,000, need to strike lottery to justify buying it.
4. Interior ergonomics are fantastic (at last I can rest my head on the headrest) and the buttons / switches a joy to touch and operate.
5. iDrive has lots of information but quite tedious to navigate
6. Nav Pro 10 inch screen has gorgeous screen resolution but GPS quite cumbersome to operate
7. Oyster / black interior trim a fantastic combination although oyster will get dirty easily
8. Anthracite fine line wood trim looks very luxurious but the standard ash grain trim is too light to my liking and looks cheap. Glad I opted for the anthracite trim.
9. Car not equipped with Sports Auto Transmission which I opted; so did not try the paddle shift and sports mode
10.Steering with servotronic is surprisingly light and not as heavy as some people had commented. Hope the Integral Active Steering I opted does not take away the steering feel entirely.
11.Car looks great from the outside with very graceful (from the side) and aggressive (from the front) stance

Overall, it is definitely a better car than the E60 although I would not say there is compulsion for current E60 owners (especially those driving the 190hp LCI model) to change to F10. In my case, as my E60 is the first batch delivered in 2003 in Singapore (the 170hp model), the F10 is definitely miles ahead and I can't wait to take delivery in July. Coming from an E39, then E60, I feel the most significant progress of the F10 is in terms of quality of interior trim and ride comfort, although in terms of drive feel (the unique BMW drive feel), handling and styling, I would not say that it is much better than its predecessors. The unique BMW "purring" engine feel is no longer there for the F10.

Hi,

Did you try driving with the "Joystick" to the left? "Sport" mode is activated but without manual shifting. In Sport mode, the F10 523i felt stronger in acceleration than my E60 190bhp 523i also in "Sport" mode. Also the the E60 523i tends to get bogged down in the wrong gear sometimes, letting the revs drop too low. The F10 523i tested didn't have this issue. Probably because there is more torque lower down in the rpm range (2750 vs 3500rpm) and more gears ratios to play with.

I guess the "purring" can't be heard anymore!

Quick Reply: F10 for Singaporeans