F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

F10 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 04:04 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jellyfish
Thanks Kinggo and oZZo for your reports. Can I ask if you felt that the new electrical steering took away anything from the driving feel of the bimmer? It's good to hear that despite the added weight, the car still feels sprightly and the smooth transmission is good news for me as mentioned before, the low speed shifts of my e60 leaves much to be desired...

Yup, forgot that the steering is now electrical assist. Did not notice any diff compared to E60..... so that must be a good thing!
Old 05-23-2010, 04:07 PM
Members

Originally Posted by bravojs
Hi Guys,

Collected my 523i today. I can confirm that the car comes with the widescreen Navigation with 80GB hard disk. However the car does not come with the 6 DVD changer as on the 535i.

As for handling, my initial impressions are:

1. Road Noise slightly higher than on my previous E60 running on non RFT (CSC2). However the noise is at an acceptable level, and the excellent sound system more than makes up for it.

2. More body roll than the E60. My car comes with stock suspension.

3. The 2.5L engine is smooth as expected. The low end feels way more punchy than my 05 E60 523i.

4. Gear changes are smooth. I did experience a tiny bit of jerkiness at very low speeds, but considering that the car has not run in fully, it is most probably a non issue.

5. Navigation is great. Coming from a E60 w/o I drive, and relying on portable GPS, the integrated GPS is a giant leap forward for me. My initial impression is that the maps are faily detailed , however updating the maps may be a concern in the future. The car came with maps for Singapore, Malaysia, and Thailand.

6. Steering feels "heavier" than on the E60.

7. Thats about all my initial impressions for now. Overall very satisfied with the car. For all of you waiting for delivery, the car is definately worth the wait !

I have trouble uploading pictures through the forum so i 've uploaded some here (sorry interior pics only):

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/7345/img0035ht.jpg
http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/3580/img0036.jpg
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9813/img0037js.jpg

Interior trim is Everest Grey With ash grain wood trim.

NAV PRO is supposed to come with VOICE CONTROL. Do we have that
Old 05-23-2010, 04:38 PM
Members

Hi Bravojs,

Congrats!The pictures are great! Many thanks.

I hope PML include the DVD changer for my car as I opted Nav Pro as an option.Surprised it comes with 80GB hard disk. thought the standard HD is only 12 GB? Runflat sucks. I will replace it with non-runflat after a year.More body roll was widely reported in all test drives in car magazine. I think F10 is more for cruising and leisurely driving than hard cornering.As for the steering, I opted for Integral Active Steering which I heard made the car very nimble and steering feel very light. Hope it does not take away too much drive feel.

Is the bluetooth for handphone standard? How do you find it?

Hi Guys,

Collected my 523i today. I can confirm that the car comes with the widescreen Navigation with 80GB hard disk. However the car does not come with the 6 DVD changer as on the 535i.

As for handling, my initial impressions are:

1. Road Noise slightly higher than on my previous E60 running on non RFT (CSC2). However the noise is at an acceptable level, and the excellent sound system more than makes up for it.

2. More body roll than the E60. My car comes with stock suspension.

3. The 2.5L engine is smooth as expected. The low end feels way more punchy than my 05 E60 523i.

4. Gear changes are smooth. I did experience a tiny bit of jerkiness at very low speeds, but considering that the car has not run in fully, it is most probably a non issue.

5. Navigation is great. Coming from a E60 w/o I drive, and relying on portable GPS, the integrated GPS is a giant leap forward for me. My initial impression is that the maps are faily detailed , however updating the maps may be a concern in the future. The car came with maps for Singapore, Malaysia, and Thailand.

6. Steering feels "heavier" than on the E60.

7. Thats about all my initial impressions for now. Overall very satisfied with the car. For all of you waiting for delivery, the car is definately worth the wait !

I have trouble uploading pictures through the forum so i 've uploaded some here (sorry interior pics only):

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/7345/img0035ht.jpg
http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/3580/img0036.jpg
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9813/img0037js.jpg

Interior trim is Everest Grey With ash grain wood trim.
Old 05-23-2010, 05:11 PM
Members

Hi oZZo,

I am used to active steering in my current E60. Hence, I order the Integral Active Steering in the F10. The IAR reduces the turning radius of the F10 to 10.5M from what I read. Will report when I collected my car in July.

(523i Highline - Sapphire Black, Oyster / Black, fine-line Anthracite wood trim, Sports Auto Transmission / Sports Steering, Professional Navigation System, Integral Active Steering.)

Originally Posted by oZZo
I test drove a 523 Highline this morning. Despite being only 6cm longer than my 2006 E60, its looks far bigger. So much so that the 18" wheel on the car seems more like a 17" or maybe even 16" wheel. This car can defintely take a bigger wheel but may mean sacrificing some ride comfort. The interior is more luxurious and nicely put together. Both front and rear seats are a more comfortable than E60. There is also more leg room in the rear. I will strongly recommend having a sport steering wheel as the gripe and look are better than the standard one.

The cinnamon brown seat is quite close to my auburn colour but with a stronger brownish tone. The front wind screen seems to give smaller field of view most likely due to the angle of the wind screen on the F10. Noticed that the dashboard is higher than E60.

The suspension is more comfortable than E60. I do not feel the sharp judders coming from uneven road. I felt slightly more body roll when going round a bend. To me, this is a worthwhile compromise for the more comfortable ride. Transmission is very smooth and the car is quite torquey. I quickly reached 130km without feeling the speed. At 100km, the car is very quiet, but at 120km, some wind noise starts to intrude into the car. The steering feels somewhat lighter than my current car.

As a follow to bravojs on turning radius, its 11.4M for E60, and 12.0M for F10. 0.6M is quite substantial. Can anyone share if there is improvement to turning radius with Integral Active Steering?

Overall, it's a great experience, just a pain to have to wait till late July to take delivery of the car!

(523 Highline - Alpine White, Cinnamon Brown, Dark fine-wood trim ash grain, Sports Steering and Transmission, Professional Navigation, and Rear Automatic Blind.)
Old 05-23-2010, 05:16 PM
Members

My Ride: May 2005 BMW 523i

Originally Posted by Kiasu King
Hi oZZo,

I am used to active steering in my current E60. Hence, I order the Integral Active Steering in the F10. The IAR reduces the turning radius of the F10 to 10.5M from what I read. Will report when I collected my car in July.
Hi Kiasu King,

I think Integral Active Steering will be a very useful option for Singapore especially when making tight U-turns accross some two lane roads.

Was told its 80GB by SE, maybe wrong, will check again.
Old 05-23-2010, 05:17 PM
Members

My Ride: May 2005 BMW 523i

Originally Posted by Kinggo
NAV PRO is supposed to come with VOICE CONTROL. Do we have that
Yes,

Voice control is included,however i m unable to get it to understand any of my commands except "dial" and "cancel". Maybe the car has problems understanding my singlish accent
Old 05-23-2010, 07:23 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Kinggo
Yup, forgot that the steering is now electrical assist. Did not notice any diff compared to E60..... so that must be a good thing!
thanks for the feedack Kinggo. I am looking forward to getting my car but SE's timing is highly elastic - first it was late June, then July, and then now it's August....

Can I ask if anyone here who ordered the Highline version and opted for the pro Nav and also collected the car? If so, were you refunded the cost of the pro Nav option? Thanks in advance.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:54 PM
Members

I ordered Highline and opted for pro Nav. SE confirmed I will be refunded the cost of the pro Nav option.

Originally Posted by jellyfish
thanks for the feedack Kinggo. I am looking forward to getting my car but SE's timing is highly elastic - first it was late June, then July, and then now it's August....

Can I ask if anyone here who ordered the Highline version and opted for the pro Nav and also collected the car? If so, were you refunded the cost of the pro Nav option? Thanks in advance.
Old 05-23-2010, 11:00 PM
Members

Yes,

Voice control is included,however i m unable to get it to understand any of my commands except "dial" and "cancel". Maybe the car has problems understanding my singlish accent

Should be getting my new car end this week or early next week. Will test out my england then!
Do you know the voice command words to use? Where can we find them? Thnx.

One other thing.... did you fix Vkool or other heat film? The cars in the showroom already look quite tinted to me.
Old 05-23-2010, 11:03 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Kiasu King
I ordered Highline and opted for pro Nav. SE confirmed I will be refunded the cost of the pro Nav option.
Thanks Kiasu King. My SE does not want to commit on the refund saying pml has not decided yet...

Quick Reply: F10 for Singaporeans