E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

CIC Retrofit Installation LOG

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 09:32 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

Originally Posted by pclausen
So I went home for lunch and popped in the original climate control unit and my AC works again and the engine cooling fan doesn't run constantly.

I wonder if perhaps the LCI climate control is not compatible with pre-LCI vehicles?

Nelson, did your AC compressor work when you had yours installed?
Peter-

I had the same issue that you had and i thought the LCI AC panel was defective. I actually had a noise coming from the compressor when i plug the LCI panel.

Its really weird to me because BenAnd retrofitted the LCI ac panel without any issues.

https://5series.net/forums/topic/91175-can-not-be-done/
Old 07-13-2010, 09:34 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by JWD
Nope I haven't ordered one yet, I just placed my old AC control back and it works just fine.

P.s. After thinking about it I figured that my Bluetooth TCU is a separate unit which was already paired with my iPhone, I guess that's why it was working with the CIC.
Correct.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:06 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I usually answer your questions by emails, but since Peter and Jordy have some issues with their retrofits I wanted to say a few words.

First of all each car is different and even though I do my best to pre-code your CIC before I ship them it might happen that some additional coding is needed.
I know you would like it to work as soon as you install it in your cars, but please understand that if this retrofit was a simply change of the head unit a lot of vendors would offer it.
I try as much as I can to make it plug and play but since it requires an advanced coding and activation some unexpected situations might happen.

Once I code your CIC again most of the issues if not all will be solved.
And if there are any other issues I will help you to find a solution.

I hope you can understand how it works and will give me some time to fix all the issues.

Patryk
Old 07-13-2010, 11:13 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 M5 w/ all options

Originally Posted by JWD
After pressing one of the 1-8 buttons it started dialing a number that isn't in my iPhones phonebook but it displayed the number + name on the screen.
I thought it wouldn't dial since I didn't pair my iPhone yet (can't reach the bluetooth menu) but when I looked at my iPhone screen it displayed a unknown number and it was dialing ?!!
I pressed the Red button to stop the call and disabled the bluetooth of my phone... I was like WTF?
I have a similar story. I had previously registered my Blackberry with my CCC and it worked great. So today driving home for lunch, I get a call from my wife and it pops up on the screen, complete with her name, I accept the call and carry on a hand-free conversation and everything worked great.

My conclusion is there is an external blue-tooth module that contains my phone book and registration to my Blackberry.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:20 AM
JWD
Members

Originally Posted by Patrys
I usually answer your questions by emails, but since Peter and Jordy have some issues with their retrofits I wanted to say a few words.

First of all each car is different and even though I do my best to pre-code your CIC before I ship them it might happen that some additional coding is needed.
I know you would like it to work as soon as you install it in your cars, but please understand that if this retrofit was a simply change of the head unit a lot of vendors would offer it.
I try as much as I can to make it plug and play but since it requires an advanced coding and activation some unexpected situations might happen.

Once I code your CIC again most of the issues if not all will be solved.
And if there are any other issues I will help you to find a solution.

I hope you can understand how it works and will give me some time to fix all the issues.

Patryk
I'm confident that this thing will work eventually but as the spoilt kid I am (almost father myself though) I want this thing to work instantaneously.
So I am not disappointed by the goods you send me or the service you provide but just by the fact that after almost 3 hours in a garage pretending to be a sauna the result was partial fail...

However I'm happy again because my gf gave me an iPad 3G to sooth the pain (and to kill some hours in the hospital), I love her .
Old 07-13-2010, 11:30 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by JWD
I'm confident that this thing will work eventually but as the spoilt kid I am (almost father myself though) I want this thing to work instantaneously.
So I am not disappointed by the goods you send me or the service you provide but just by the fact that after almost 3 hours in a garage pretending to be a sauna the result was partial fail...

However I'm happy again because my gf gave me an iPad 3G to sooth the pain (and to kill some hours in the hospital), I love her .
I know what you feel and I am sorry.
Nelson is the best example that it can be done on E60 successfully, but in his case he had his car updated by a dealership before installing this retrofit and he had a cable so I could do everything remotely.

By the way, having a cable is a good thing because I can always code some other things for you and help you with some issues not related to the CIC you might have in the future.

Regarding your Bluetooth, there is a separate module so it has to work the same as it worked with the CCC.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:39 AM
Members

No worries Patryk. While I like instant gratification as much as the next guy, I understand that there are a lot of variables at play here and I'm confident that we will get everything working.

I have an appointment at the dealer Thursday morning to have my software upgraded. Hopefully that will take care of some of the issues.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:57 AM
Members

Originally Posted by nelson29
Peter-

I had the same issue that you had and i thought the LCI AC panel was defective. I actually had a noise coming from the compressor when i plug the LCI panel.

Its really weird to me because BenAnd retrofitted the LCI ac panel without any issues.

https://5series.net/forums/topic/91175-can-not-be-done/
Nelson,

When I look at the picture in the first post by BenAnd in the link you sent me, it sure looks like the pre-LCI climate control. The buttons are labeled MAX, OFF and REST, just like my original climate control. Even though he makes references to it being the LCI version several times. I'm really confused now.

While the pre-CLI really doesn't look that bad, I like the LCI design much better and the fact that it shows what you're adjust on the screen is icing on the cake.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:01 PM
Contributors

No worries Patryk. While I like instant gratification as much as the next guy, I understand that there are a lot of variables at play here and I'm confident that we will get everything working.

I have an appointment at the dealer Thursday morning to have my software upgraded. Hopefully that will take care of some of the issues.
Thanks Peter.

In the meantime I am arranging the controller and cable for you. Let me know how it goes with the software update.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:20 PM
Contributors

Nelson,

When I look at the picture in the first post by BenAnd in the link you sent me, it sure looks like the pre-LCI climate control. The buttons are labeled MAX, OFF and REST, just like my original climate control. Even though he makes references to it being the LCI version several times. I'm really confused now.

While the pre-CLI really doesn't look that bad, I like the LCI design much better and the fact that it shows what you're adjust on the screen is icing on the cake.

Peter-

If you look at the unit closely you will see that's indeed a lci climate panel, he just changed the 3 buttons to the pre-lci.

Quick Reply: CIC Retrofit Installation LOG