E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

CIC Retrofit Installation LOG

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 11:39 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Many BMW's

Originally Posted by Georgieb
Most excellent Ehssan!
I cleaned this one up today in my Kombi module and that damn blank service triangle is now gone. Thanks! How did you ever figure out these lines of code were responsible? Not very self-descriptive to say the least.

We should also add this info the main NSC coding thread if you haven't already done so.

Cheers!

Nigel
Most welcome dude ,,, I made an SSD file for my car with 03/10 to be able to read the CIC , so coded the KOMBI with that SSD file and then I compared the trc file from 03/10 with the original trc file from 09/06 ,, those lines were the only different ,,

some simple stuff .. took less than a minute
The following users liked this post:
DAVIKEN (01-19-2021)
Old 11-24-2011, 10:39 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 2007 525i Black

hello guys
i finished the installation but i ended with the following errors

1- SOS System failure
2- missing function ( BMW Plugin - "...changes the iDrive screen to the same look and feel as the iPod function on an iPhone.It allows you to take advantage of all the iPod features (Genius, album art, compiling playlists, etc) that are not available via the basic USB connection. With future iPhone software updates, new features will also be available in the car. An additional benefit comes in the way of increased interface speed.", BMW

3.Video Playback - enables video playback from iPhone ) P.S :- Copied from Georgieb post
4. iphone 4 cradle is not charging
5. AUX at the back of the centre console is not working too .

any ideas ?
Old 11-26-2011, 07:20 AM
Members

Technic/bruce_miranda: I have the CIC in an 09 535i and being in Canada it has the 676 HiFi option can you help me with the proper way to keep the car sounding stock? In other words get the speakers at 25W and get the woofers working. Is there an amp you recommend that will fit? And any harnesses I can buy to avoid cutting as much as possible?

Thanks a lot for all your help!
Old 11-26-2011, 08:42 AM
Members

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda
Today I finally set my sound system up on the CIC.

As everyone knows the Hi-Fi amp has changed between the CCC and the CIC. In the CIC the Hi-Fi amp drives all the speakers. To over-come this problem you have to buy an amp.

Here's what I did.

1. Reuse the old Hi-Fi amp to drive only the front speakers. I works perfect and it so small you can hide it above the glovebox in the front. All you need to do is rewire the CIC speaker outputs a bit. Take the CIC speaker outputs and feed them as amp inputs and then amp outputs feed back to the speaker wires. You can take power from the front fuse box as well.
2. Now replace the rear amp in the back with a new 4 channel amp. Use 2 channels to drive your sub woofers and the other 2 channels to drive your rear speakers. Getting to the rear speaker is very easy from inside the boot.

The sound is very good because the speakers are now all being driven by amps from low level outputs of the CIC.
Can you explain this setup a bit? What I want to do is similar as I mentioned, but maybe leave the stock amp for the woofers and just add a 4 channel for the front. But what I don't understand is -- what about the other speakers? Aren't there more than just the front/rear/subs? Wish there was a pinout for the CIC audio pins.
Old 11-26-2011, 10:17 AM
Members

One more question: Is the wiring trick where the 676 subwoofer pins are moved from the old CCC location to the new CIC speaker contacts going to sound worse than using a proper amp? Does anyone know if it does sound worse? I'm trying to decide what to do and how.
Old 11-26-2011, 12:23 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

There is another way to do this. You can buy a small amp like the Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4 Punch or the Arc Mini and house that in the front over the glove box. Use that to drive all 4 sets of speakers. And then continue to use the Hi-Fi amp in the rear to drive the underseat subs.

You will have to build yourself a small harness using BMW mating quadlocks, if you want things to become plug and play. I was lucky in that I had the CIC iDrive Video interface that came with its own PnP harness. So I simply modified that and I was done.

I happen to have another Hi-Fi amp sitting around, so I now run the front using one amp, backs using the old sub Hi-Fi amp and drive the underfloors using an aftermarket amp because I moved to Earthquakes that couldn't be run with the Hi-Fi any way.
Old 11-26-2011, 12:33 PM
Members

Thanks Bruce, that's exactly what I'd like to do -- a couple of questions:

The Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4 Punch is rated 75W, is that okay to use with the stock HiFi speakers? The CCC was rated 25W/channel I think.

Any idea where I can get the parts needed for the harness or does anyone here offer them pre-built? I'm kind of new at this :S
Old 11-26-2011, 01:49 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Look on ebay. These harness' are sold for various purposes from bluetooth retrofits to audio retrofits. Metra is the manufacturer of these after market plugs.
Old 11-26-2011, 02:08 PM
Members

Would this work?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/BMW-OEM-STOCK...ht_3986wt_1020

I need a male and a female quadlock, correct?

Is that all that is needed besides the amp power/ground+fuse leads and the amp?

Edit: guess that won't work, says only to 2002 on 5 series

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Parrot-Blueto...#ht_853wt_1020

What about this one? Says "half populated", it does look like its missing pins there.
Old 11-26-2011, 02:54 PM
Members

I'm also not sure how to power the amp from the front and make sure it switches off with the ignition. The fuse box I take it is always powered. Is there any trick to this or is a switch required?

Quick Reply: CIC Retrofit Installation LOG