E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

CIC Retrofit Installation LOG

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 05:13 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, a lot of work, but in the end you get to enjoy all the goodies! You will love the LCI facelift to the car, gives the car a modern look to it. With the parts price having gone down so much over the years, I'm surprise not more people are doing the LCI headlight & taillights. I had the SA 676 HiFi sound system and I'm glad you posted detail fix for it. It is much better than having no bass! Currently, I have the speakers volume setting a few notches towards rear speakers to help with bass since it is not as strong before with CCC. Ironically, the car had weak bass to begin with. With sound geared towards the rear, it does muddle the sound and tremble adjustment can only do so much. I'm sure things will sound much better when you get the amp setup and running.

The whole CIC installation went smoothly for me that is because of the folks here ironing out the bugs already!

Originally Posted by Georgieb
Great post RootKit,I have to route Amp inputs to my CiC, video cable for rear camera and LCI Xenon headlight wires for the rear tails. I need to rip everything apart as you have done. I intend to do all the cabling in one shot so I don't have to take things apart three times. Nice pics!
Haha, keen eyes there Bruce. I guess if turn my head and plug from the driver seat--it reads sort of right side up for me. The 6FL I got from Patrys, it came with the socket(USB/Aux-in jack), USB cable, and Aux cable. Would have been correct labels if it was in the console. I didn't really pay attention to the part# but if you want I can take a look for you if you know where I should look at what end. The Aux wire looks like it was modifid at one end to expose the 4 pins or maybe it came that way.

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda
what is the part number of the 6FL wire (USB+AUX) that you used from the Combox to the socket?Also you could have bought a better socket that has the labels printed the right way around.
Old 05-30-2011, 01:34 AM
Members

Heya guys. I have read the full 42 page thread (got here just because my standard CCC can`t output line level and i couldn`t find a way to do it besides sound processors which is a no-no for me), and i gotta say this is a great mod.
I have mailed Patrys on Friday about info on this sistem, still he did not reply.
I am abit nervous waiting for the response, any ideea if he is still doing this ?
Greetings from Romania !
Old 05-31-2011, 07:49 PM
New Members

My CCC went bad and thanks to your great posts, I recently installed a CIC retrofit in my 2005 545. This question may have been answered but where in the menu do I go to transfer files from USB? I do not have an external devices menu and I have not yet installed the controller. Also, can I buy the controller trim from one of you? Thanks!
Old 05-31-2011, 10:44 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by flo_sb
Heya guys. I have read the full 42 page thread (got here just because my standard CCC can`t output line level and i couldn`t find a way to do it besides sound processors which is a no-no for me), and i gotta say this is a great mod.
I have mailed Patrys on Friday about info on this sistem, still he did not reply.
I am abit nervous waiting for the response, any ideea if he is still doing this ?
Greetings from Romania !
I am sure I have already replied to you
Old 06-01-2011, 04:26 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by bobby545
My CCC went bad and thanks to your great posts, I recently installed a CIC retrofit in my 2005 545. This question may have been answered but where in the menu do I go to transfer files from USB? I do not have an external devices menu and I have not yet installed the controller. Also, can I buy the controller trim from one of you? Thanks!

nvm, got it
Old 06-02-2011, 04:08 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2005 545i Black Sapphire - Fully Loaded
Model Year: 545i 2005

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda
what is the part number of the 6FL wire (USB+AUX) that you used from the Combox to the socket?

Also you could have bought a better socket that has the labels printed the right way around.

here you go Bruce

61126960976 usb to combox

61126970911 aux to combox

61319189175 usb/aux port

Got my CIC installed.. everything seems to function fine except the the CIC controller - no indication of lights or function. my old controller works fine. I thought it was a bad cic controller so I went to change it out, and that didn't work either. I read it was plug and play without any programming.. Any ideas?
Old 06-03-2011, 02:43 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Are you sure about these part numbers. They show up as Antennae Cables on ETK.

I have the part numbers for the AUX/USB panel which fits into the rear of the centre console with the labels the right way round 61319129652 or 61319189176
One of these has the AUX-IN as a 4 pin plug and one has it as a 6 pin plug.
Old 06-03-2011, 07:19 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Many BMW's

Originally Posted by r9ndy
here you go Bruce

61126960976 usb to combox

61126970911 aux to combox

61319189175 usb/aux port

Got my CIC installed.. everything seems to function fine except the the CIC controller - no indication of lights or function. my old controller works fine. I thought it was a bad cic controller so I went to change it out, and that didn't work either. I read it was plug and play without any programming.. Any ideas?
if you are not even getting the lights on CIC controller then u need to double check the wires ..

https://5series.net/forums/topic/994...3#entry1255513
Old 06-03-2011, 04:03 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Patrys
I am sure I have already replied to you
Yea Patris you sure did, unfortunately forcing my luck to the CIC route i have lost half of my audio funds (don`t ask...)
so it`s out of the question, for now.
Best Regards, flo_sb
Old 06-05-2011, 07:28 AM
New Members

Another successful conversion by Patrys! Completed my M6 CCC to CIC conversion this weekend, with the help from Patrys. All hardware supplied by him, remote coding for less than an hour and everything is on the go! You are the man Patrys. Just need another tutorial session then all will be good. My conversion includes the new iDrive button and involves some modification to the center console. If anyone interested, i will post pics.

Quick Reply: CIC Retrofit Installation LOG