E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

CIC Retrofit Installation LOG

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2011 | 10:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i Black Sapphire - Fully Loaded
Model Year: 545i 2005

Originally Posted by lopealle
Can you guys post pics of CIC retrofits on E60 M5s with heated/cooled/active seats. I'm not sure where you guys relocated the buttons for it. I would appreciate it thanks.
you can reuse the existing trim that is currently on there..
Old 02-21-2011 | 06:31 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

Originally Posted by merkava74
Hi Nelson, could I have the part number for the above photo? Thanks!

Im hoping you not trying to buy it, it would not work...
Old 02-21-2011 | 07:11 AM
Members

Originally Posted by nelson29

Im hoping you not trying to buy it, it would not work...
Care to share why? I currently have a 2007 Aug LCi E60, and the trim that I have comes with a hole at the top, like a storage compartment. After retrofitting the CiC, the CiC is exposed, and I figured the trim you showed is the answer. Currently, I customed a leather wrap in place of the hole, so it still looks ok. Will try to post some photos.

Separately, I seem to be having some problems with my Dension GW500 (I sent you an email on that... sorry to have to bother you so). I am able to hear the music from my iPod, but the screen doesn't show the artists or song name or album. It just goes on an infinite loop with the status bar thingy, and a greyed out line saying "please wait..."

This is when I set the Dipswitches to #1,2,6 as per Text enabled E60.

Then I tried to use the configuration for E90 with iDrive-4 (#2,3,4,6). Same.

By a stroke of frustration, I tried every single combination and voila, it recognised the Porsche PCM config (#2,3,6)! While most functions work, I get an "unknown artist" at the top row where the artist is supposed to be....

I am trying to live with it at this point, but I find something annoying, and would appreciate some help:

When I am at CD1 (Scan Playlists), I click it using the new controller, and it shows my playlists. After selecting Playlist 1, for example, it starts playing the first song in it, but doesn't go to the song list. I have to separately press and hold the Forward button (Down arrow on the right side of the steering wheel) before it will get me into the songlist.

Is this strange? How are you navigating the Dension?

Sorry for the long and confusing post, but I am somewhat lost here. Thanks in advance for any insight.
Old 02-21-2011 | 07:36 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by merkava74
Care to share why? I currently have a 2007 Aug LCi E60, and the trim that I have comes with a hole at the top, like a storage compartment. After retrofitting the CiC, the CiC is exposed, and I figured the trim you showed is the answer. Currently, I customed a leather wrap in place of the hole, so it still looks ok. Will try to post some photos.

Separately, I seem to be having some problems with my Dension GW500 (I sent you an email on that... sorry to have to bother you so). I am able to hear the music from my iPod, but the screen doesn't show the artists or song name or album. It just goes on an infinite loop with the status bar thingy, and a greyed out line saying "please wait..."

This is when I set the Dipswitches to #1,2,6 as per Text enabled E60.

Then I tried to use the configuration for E90 with iDrive-4 (#2,3,4,6). Same.

By a stroke of frustration, I tried every single combination and voila, it recognised the Porsche PCM config (#2,3,6)! While most functions work, I get an "unknown artist" at the top row where the artist is supposed to be....

I am trying to live with it at this point, but I find something annoying, and would appreciate some help:

When I am at CD1 (Scan Playlists), I click it using the new controller, and it shows my playlists. After selecting Playlist 1, for example, it starts playing the first song in it, but doesn't go to the song list. I have to separately press and hold the Forward button (Down arrow on the right side of the steering wheel) before it will get me into the songlist.

Is this strange? How are you navigating the Dension?

Sorry for the long and confusing post, but I am somewhat lost here. Thanks in advance for any insight.
My fault, i thought you had a pre-lci model. im guessing you didnt have navigation on you car before the CIC?

I didnt get your email on the Dension. It looks like im the only one that did not have a problem with mines. I sold mines a couple of months ago, im in the middle of doing the 6fl retrofit. I dont remember how the dipswitch was set, i left it the same way as when i had the M-ASK.
Old 02-21-2011 | 07:48 AM
Members

My fault, i thought you had a pre-lci model. im guessing you didnt have navigation on you car before the CIC?

I didnt get your email on the Dension. It looks like im the only one that did not have a problem with mines. I sold mines a couple of months ago, im in the middle of doing the 6fl retrofit. I dont remember how the dipswitch was set, i left it the same way as when i had the M-ASK.
Thanks! I will order it in then! I think mine is 51456978685, as my trims are ALU FEINSCHLIFF. No, I did not have Nav on mine.

I'm not too keen on the 6FL retrofit, as I read comparisons in terms of capacity of songs, sound quality (I use lossless) etc. Educate me if I am wrong here. Also, I would like to add video functionality to the Dension, and am currently looking to see if the Dension AVR will do the trick with some modifications.

By the way, I think I have the first E60 retrofitted with CiC in Singapore! : )
Old 02-21-2011 | 10:01 AM
Members

I'm definitely intrested in this 6FL retrofit. Although I thught you could play Ipod through the USB on the CIC.
Old 02-21-2011 | 11:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by lopealle
I'm definitely intrested in this 6FL retrofit. Although I thught you could play Ipod through the USB on the CIC.
No you can't. The USB on the CIC is only used for Import/Export of CIC related data.
Old 02-21-2011 | 01:54 PM
Members

Got my install done over the weekend. Things went well but for a blown fuse which caused big time delay. Also replacing the old idrive controll with the new one was a pain. I now have current CIC nav working but for voice control. Only need a programming with Patryk. Most everything working fine in a 2008 E60 535xi. A DIY to follow once the full install is complete.
Old 02-21-2011 | 07:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Many BMW's

Anyone has 6FL retrofit DIY ??
Old 02-21-2011 | 07:29 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Ehssan
Anyone has 6FL retrofit DIY ??
You have to have combox installed first and from what i understand its pretty much an easy install.

Quick Reply: CIC Retrofit Installation LOG