E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

CIC Retrofit Installation LOG

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2010, 12:47 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Georgieb
Thanks Nelson. This mod took some patience as I was very careful not to screw anything up. Any mistakes would be very costly. I know you are also in the process of getting the correct bezel from Patryk and I'll be glad to offer any more advise or info that I may have omitted above. You'll be happy with the new controller once you install it.The look alone kicks ass!
This is a very professional installation Nigel.
The old iDrive controller works pretty good, but the new one gives the final touch to the CIC retrofit and it looks beautiful.

I wish I could use the same trim in my E92
Old 10-19-2010, 08:09 AM
Members

Nigel,

really nice piece of work.

I'm really looking forward for the parcel from Patryk to arrive.
Hopefully this will be next week.

I already have looked into the swap of the built in 80GB HDD for a larger SSD.
To increase boot time, reliability and space for stored music files.
I know that it works. See here
See also

But I still have to figure out which program to use for increasing the music partition.

Is there somebody in this forum who did this already and can input some advice?

br,
Matt
Old 10-19-2010, 06:17 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2007 Black Sapphire 535i

Thanks for your positive comments Matt. You should recieve your bezel from Patryk soon and then you'll be on your way. Nelson is also in the process of getting this done. A solid state hard drive swap would make for a nice project as long as there are no OEM requirements in terms of formatting the partitions etc and providing that Patryk can re-load the firmware etc. I'll read your link as time permits tomorrow.

If you decide on going through with this be sure to give us all the details. This has turned into one of the most informative threads in these forums based on the CIC mod.

Cheers!!
Old 10-19-2010, 08:47 PM
Members

is this all i would need for my 08 535i

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=200522953616

??
Old 10-20-2010, 02:45 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by gameloader
is this all i would need for my 08 535i

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=200522953616

??

These are just the parts (and not all of them).
The software part of this retrofit is the tricky part.
Make sure you understand how the CIC can be retrofitted in your car and what has to be done before you buy anything from anyone since you will end up paying much much more to have the CIC working in your car.
Old 10-23-2010, 06:37 AM
New Members

Anyone know if this has been done in an E63/64 6er yet?

I know its basically the same car as the E60 5er, just missing 2 doors, but hopeful someone else has successfully done the CIC retrofit to their E63/64 6er before I start tearing into my own as the test case.
Old 10-23-2010, 06:43 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by spat
Anyone know if this has been done in an E63/64 6er yet?

I know its basically the same car as the E60 5er, just missing 2 doors, but hopeful someone else has successfully done the CIC retrofit to their E63/64 6er before I start tearing into my own as the test case.
Working fine. Confirmed!
Old 10-23-2010, 08:44 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2007 Black Sapphire 535i

I finally got around to installing the LCI Climate Control. Now I have a complete match of all associated hardware for my CIC. One of the major differences between the old controller and the new one is when you change a climate setting using the knobs/buttons on the controller, the iDrive software responds by prompting the appropriate menu on-screen for review and feedback. Very cool (no pun intended).

As a point to note, no additional coding was required for this. My current CIC firmware must have already been set up accordingly.
Attached Thumbnails CIC Retrofit Installation LOG-lci_climatec01.jpg   CIC Retrofit Installation LOG-lci_climatec02.jpg  
Old 10-23-2010, 08:45 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Georgieb
I finally got around to installing the LCI Climate Control. Now I have a complete match of all associated hardware for my CIC. One of the major differences between the old controller and the new one is when you change a climate setting using the knobs/buttons on the controller, the iDrive software responds by prompting the appropriate menu on-screen for review and feedback. Very cool (no pun intended).

As a point to note, no additional coding was required for this. My current CIC firmware must have already been set up accordingly.
Nice
Old 10-25-2010, 01:48 PM
Members

I can confirm that this works with an e63/4 as mine is working wonderfully, minus a bit of a screw up on my part.

I realized today that I was missing AM/FM. A bit of searching and I some how managed to not reconnect the Antenna wire. I pull the dash apart, but I can not find the black wire that powers the antenna. For you guys that have done this, any suggestions on where it might have slipped off to? It had enough slack that I was able to pull the CCC out fairly easily, but now it doesn't seem to be there anymore. Worst case I can order/run a new one but thats a bit annoying, however not so much as the missing wire.

Quick Reply: CIC Retrofit Installation LOG