E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Aux. Output

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2004, 02:41 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530I Prem Package, Cold Weather, Prem Sound, Bluetooth and Sat.

I spoke with a guy named Tommy there today he said it was $499.00, it sounds really cool...
Old 11-04-2004, 03:32 PM
Members

tedmundson, you're a hero for posting the English instructions for E60! That should allow everyone to take it to their dealer here in the US and prove to them that this AUX input is indeed for E60s and easy to install.
Old 11-04-2004, 05:39 PM
Members

How do i find out if my E60 is prewired for NAV? Mine was built in April 2004. Will VIN # tell me? bmwpartsguy?
Old 11-04-2004, 08:14 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by stormace' date='Nov 5 2004, 03:39 AM
How do i find out if my E60 is prewired for NAV?? Mine was built in April 2004.? Will VIN # tell me?? bmwpartsguy?
[snapback]52776[/snapback]
The VIN will tell you. You can also call a parts or service dept with your VIN and they can tell you as well.
Old 11-04-2004, 09:56 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Welcome aboard, TurboDman Name:  00000732.gif
Views: 38
Size:  3.1 KB!
Old 11-04-2004, 11:31 PM
Contributors

My Ride: -04 530D

Originally Posted by Bimmerman' date='Nov 5 2004, 02:35 AM
[quote name='TurboDman' date='Nov 4 2004, 03:27 PM']The Video Module is very easy to install i will try to get you guys an instruction manual if you like. When you pull out the screen there is two wires. One wire is power other is video the module from (navwithtv) shares both of those cables, you also need to hook up the 12v power to give the video module power that was actually the easiest thing to do for me? ...

[snapback]52694[/snapback]
How much was the part from www.navwithtv.com? Whats the part #, I couldn't find it there.

Thanks!
[snapback]52743[/snapback]
[/quote]

I have same problem! TDM You said that You have small screen thats understood (I have too), but does it makes a difference NAV or not?

Frot page of www.navwithtv.com says that they have RGB module for e60, but I could not find it. BMW link goes to Caddy page?!?

TDM give us guidance and pics!

Skaffa
Old 11-05-2004, 05:33 AM
Members

My Ride: 545 Silver Grey, Grey, Sports Package, Preimium, Cold Weather, Shades, PDC, Logic 7, Fold Down Back Seats, AUX, Carputer

Hey guys want to let you know i hooked up my computer sound to my AUX it sounds perfect just like a cd quality i am very impressed. Its a good thing too that i have logic 7 so you can preffect the base and stuff like that..

Scaffa with NAVWITHTV unit it does not matter if you have a navigation or not it overrides the screen basicly it puts your DVD(or what ever you have pluged in) over the i-drive. I want to mention this again the nav with tv unit will only give you video signal you still need to hook up the sound, for example the AUX or you can wait another year or so if your pattient hehehe and i think www.navtv.com or www.navwithtv.com will come up with all in one unit meaning you will get the sound and video but expect to pay $1000 bucks for it. I had nav-tv unit in my 01 5 and it worked perfectly.

Just call the navwithtv number and tell them don't order online i rather just call and make sure. By though way all the work that i done on my car does not go against my warranty i did not modify anything.
Old 11-05-2004, 05:40 AM
Members

My Ride: 545 Silver Grey, Grey, Sports Package, Preimium, Cold Weather, Shades, PDC, Logic 7, Fold Down Back Seats, AUX, Carputer

I will post pictures of my car some time this weekand, to show how i got my navigation working. like i mentioned my car is prewired but i dont think BMW navigation is worth $2000. I hooked up a PC to my existing screen and bought navigation software for $120 one draw back so far it needs and open sky view besides that its been working awsome for me.

In regards to the new software upgrade 13.3 or what ever, i only noticed that the strering got much havier, i guess i know why BMW done that cause the car is not that responsive at slow speeds, but kind of beats the purpose of the Active Stering hehehe..

Besides that i love this car, it drives and looks like the best car i ever driven, very happy with my purchase and my dealer.
Old 11-05-2004, 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by TurboDman' date='Nov 5 2004, 09:40 AM
I will post pictures of my car some time this weekand, to show how i got my navigation working. like i mentioned my car is prewired but i dont think BMW navigation is worth $2000. I hooked up a PC to my existing screen and bought navigation software for $120 one draw back so far it needs and open sky view besides that its been working awsome for me.

In regards to the new software upgrade 13.3 or what ever, i only noticed that the strering got much havier, i guess i know why BMW done that cause the car is not that responsive at slow speeds, but kind of beats the purpose of the Active Stering hehehe..

Besides that i love this car, it drives and looks like the best car i ever driven, very happy with my purchase and my dealer.
[snapback]52913[/snapback]
Yea, but how much did you pay for this NAV-TV RGB unit? I called them, but they didn't know (they said the guy will call me back, but he didn't yet).
Old 11-05-2004, 06:06 AM
Bimmerman

Originally Posted by TurboDman' date='Nov 5 2004, 09:40 AM

[snapback]52913[/snapback]
Oh, and another question, how do you manage power to your PC in the trunk: especially, how do you turn it on and off everytime you start the car?

Quick Reply: Aux. Output