E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Aux. Output

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 11:10 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 BMW 530i

Guys ive got 2004 530i and been looking for this solution for months now. Everywhere i went they gave me the sorry look and told me its impossible, Havent checked the dealer yet, I would really like to connect my Archos 101 tablet via mini jack. I just read the forum and will check for that glove box connector tomorrow morning.

I would like to know if anyone ever done it and was successful and could really quick explain the process.
My uncle stay with me and he came from germany, so language barrier is not an issue lol

I will check the dealer and want to know what will they tell me most probably and what should i tell them? just want to be prepared in some extend... thanks.
whats the price for the upgrade if it goes through the dealership anyway?
Old 05-02-2011, 01:53 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by conditionzero
Guys ive got 2004 530i and been looking for this solution for months now. Everywhere i went they gave me the sorry look and told me its impossible, Havent checked the dealer yet, I would really like to connect my Archos 101 tablet via mini jack. I just read the forum and will check for that glove box connector tomorrow morning.

I would like to know if anyone ever done it and was successful and could really quick explain the process.
My uncle stay with me and he came from germany, so language barrier is not an issue lol

I will check the dealer and want to know what will they tell me most probably and what should i tell them? just want to be prepared in some extend... thanks.
whats the price for the upgrade if it goes through the dealership anyway?
I installed the cable last weekend and did exactly as it said in the pdf. The plug is possible to take apart and take out the pins, rearrange them or put them in the existing plug in your car. I didnt have an existing plug so I just rearranged and put in the new plug.

Not sure why the pins are in the wrong place to begin, but maybe the cable fits several models.

I am putting in a car pc so the cable is for this. I have not had it programmed at the dealer so I hope this is the right way. I will report back as soon as this is done.