Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Mobile Phone not installed screen in Communications tab of iDrive

Old 07-28-2015, 08:45 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530i with Bluetooth assist, Xenon headlights, leather upholstery, heated seats and comfort package
Default Mobile Phone not installed screen in Communications tab of iDrive

Hey guys, ran into a bit of an issue with my E60 recently. Got in my car and went to the communications tab to find the message "Mobile Phone not installed" with no other options in the tab, or in the settings.

Before you suggest going to the dealer to get this sorted, I went today. They basically told me theyd first charge me a fuck ton of money to look at it, then charge me even more to maybe fix it. I also reaffirmed that my car does have the capability in it, and it wasnt fitted after initial purchase. They tried to give me the "your phone isnt compatible" run-around, but i wasnt buying it so I left.

So I must to turn to you iDrive experts out there.

Is there any cause for this sudden change in bluetooth behavior? Is there any faulty module that you can think of?

I read on forums about people disconnecting and reconnecting their bluetooth module, but thats just a temporary fix because Bluetooth once again ceases to work after the ignition turns off.

Some details:

* the car is a 530i from '06 with the BMW Assistance w/ Bluetooth package.
* No I do not have the SOS Call Malfunction message.
* The phone used to connect to the car, and i was able to send and receive calls without any interruptions or problems.
* As of now, the phone connects to the car (shown in the bluetooth menu as connected), and if I tried to call someone or answer a call, the phone would default the call output to car speakers which then emit silence (I cant hear them, but they can hear me)
* There is no options menu anywhere. I scoured the entire main menu and communications tab.

Any help is appreciated! Links, or any stories about how you fixed this is also welcome. I also dont mind programming this back in if it comes to that, but Id need to get set up first.

Can also provide pictures if anyone requests them. Just ask!
Old 07-28-2015, 06:48 PM
Members

My Ride: 2010 BMW 550i M Sport. GPS, Satallite, Active suspension, Silver over Black in color with beige. 68k on the clock. My 10th BMW in forty years.
Model Year: 2010
Engine: 550 Msport

I had a similar problem with my previous 05 545 and a GL G2. The phone would connect and download the address wit no problem.
All of a sudden the car would not recognize the phone. After a lot of searching on the net and 5 series.net, I saw a suggestion that stated that if you hold down the volume control and the CD eject button simultaneously, it will reboot the I drive. I did and it worked perfectly
Good Luck!.
Old 07-29-2015, 06:56 AM
New Members

My Ride: 2006 530i with Bluetooth assist, Xenon headlights, leather upholstery, heated seats and comfort package

But my phone doesn't connect to begin with now. Also the voice control button doesn't work either (no beep). I don't think resetting will fix this?