E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Aux. Output

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2004, 12:16 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: -04 530D

Originally Posted by Jimbo' date='Nov 4 2004, 12:08 AM
How much does the AUX in cost, installed?
[snapback]52459[/snapback]
In US, I don't know, but in Europe about 200,-?.

Skaffa
Old 11-04-2004, 06:16 AM
Senior Members

I've now emailed BMW Norway through bmw.com, and it turns out the parts guy at BMW had misunderstood something, and that it is fully possible to install the AUX input. Yahoo. Hopefully the install won't be too expensive.

I am really looking forward to connecting my Jukebox Zen in the glovecompartment - maybe I would have to buy a 230V inverter to get it charged..
Old 11-04-2004, 07:27 AM
TurboDman@aol.com

I got my AUX installed last night I am from Michigan, I ordered the part from NC. I have 545 January build no nav. The reason why i done it is that i installed a computer in my trunk so i need to run a good sound source for it by though way i am also running navigation from that computer too. www.mp3car.com this is where i got a lot of my ideas from. Any how it costed me $100 for the aux and additonal $215 at the dealership.
Old 11-04-2004, 07:31 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 530I Prem Package, Cold Weather, Prem Sound, Bluetooth and Sat.

TurboDman Please pass on more on the install. Like part number that you used, software release for IDrive .. Dealer and contact info.. Also I would like to here more about your nav... and such.. My dealer here in NJ says it can not be done..
Old 11-04-2004, 07:39 AM
Members

My Ride: 545 Silver Grey, Grey, Sports Package, Preimium, Cold Weather, Shades, PDC, Logic 7, Fold Down Back Seats, AUX, Carputer

Part Number 65120153502

Phone Number:

704-535-0885 Jim

My Dealership in West Bloomfield, Michigan did not have a problem with the install.
They printed it out and it took about 4 hours sense teh programing took forever, they upgraded me to 13.3 i think thats the latest. I am pre wired for the navigation this is my car stats:

545 silver grey, sports package, cold weather, fold down back seats, the shades.

so far my modifications are:
Valentine One in the front windshield
Back Bumper Red Reflectors
AUX
I also put togheter a computer and put it in my trunk (www.mp3car.com)
check out that web site a lot of ideas there. My idea behind it was to run music videos but i also install Microsoft Street and Maps for my navigation. I just have not had the time to take the pictures i try to do it this weekand.

I am also waghting for the M5 apperance package.
Old 11-04-2004, 07:42 AM
Members

My Ride: 545 Silver Grey, Grey, Sports Package, Preimium, Cold Weather, Shades, PDC, Logic 7, Fold Down Back Seats, AUX, Carputer

By though way the only thing i noticed with the new software is that the stering wheel got havier when i am at slow speeds. Can't really tell you if its good or bad yet.
Old 11-04-2004, 07:45 AM
Contributors

Welcome TurboDman! Is there also conversion to 545d?

Anyway put pictures about Your setup, because I also have planned to put computer to my car and few LCD displays others to see. Others because I'm driving of course!

Skaffa
Old 11-04-2004, 07:52 AM
Members

Thanks for the welcome...i try to take pictues honestly it be a lot cause i am sure everybody would want deatails before the aux i was running a FM modulator but the sound was crappy..

The AUX will work with your car it plug right into the stereo what the Tech will do is totally take down your glove compartment and the AUX will go iniside right below the rechargable flash light. i have to run the audio wire now into the trunk..so far i am using my existing screen i got the video overide from www.navwtihtv.com

If your dealer gives you problems here is number of my dealership here in michigan

248-642-6565 a guy to talk to is Chris Slater. I ordered the part from North Carolina though.
Yeah i want to put a LCD in the center betweent he seats so the back passangers will have the view i already got the power for it, now i am thinking of getting a touch screen or something and an independent out put for a dvd or play station
Old 11-04-2004, 08:06 AM
Contributors

www.navwtihtv.com does not lead anywhere now. Just been interested what I can find there

Skaffa
Old 11-04-2004, 08:12 AM
Members

Sorry misplelled it at work..

WWW.NAVWITHTV.COM

its a video module to overide the i-drive screen. you can plug your dvd to it.
notice you still need a sound though, this is just for video signal

Quick Reply: Aux. Output