E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Aux. Output

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2004, 08:50 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545 Silver Grey, Grey, Sports Package, Preimium, Cold Weather, Shades, PDC, Logic 7, Fold Down Back Seats, AUX, Carputer

Rendoman did your dealer told you why? he cant do the install?? print out the installation manual and bring it to them or try a different dealership maybe you will have better luck with that....

Bimmerman: its possible to hook up your Ipaq to the AUX audio, actually i am pretty sure that would work. Now about the Video part of it i am not sure, can you change the screen size with in your Ipaq? is there a video out of some sort on your model?
dont forget that the text and phonts will appear punie on the I-Drive screen, almost un readable unless you are able to change the text size and play around with different phonts, other wise you be straining your eyes.

As far as the price goes for the video module it is pricy but there only a few companies that actually sell it so there would not be that much of a price break.
The Av electronics is the cheapest at $315 i think but they are not even close to the E60 solution. You can always try ebay i sold my nav-tv for E39 there for 700 knuck it down by $300.
Old 11-05-2004, 09:07 AM
Bimmerman

Originally Posted by TurboDman' date='Nov 5 2004, 12:42 PM
Hey guys kind of a busy day for a friday anyways to answere some of your questions.

Bimmerman: My part was $99 Ordered from NC and installed here in michigan. The dealership charged me $200. There is some kind of an installation equipment additonal needed with the entire install. I saw those english directions when i recieved my part from north carolina. Sure self installation is possible you can do anything the problem is BMW also wants to make money? hehehe thats why to answere Buzzero software upgrade is required your stereo needs to have an additonal plug installed to it in which the AUX will plug in into.

Plus if you do this install your self, i am thinking you will hurt your warranty in some way.

Buzzero my entertainment function did not have the aux it appeared once the tech did the plug in to the stereo but still there was no sound. Then they started to coded and upgrading it to 13.3 i think thats the latest. After that i was able to get? into tones and stuff like that.
[snapback]52953[/snapback]
Interesting, because the instructions for AUX say you plug your AUX wire into plug X13813, but they do not specify where that plug is at...

BMW making money - hmm... you'd think they'd make enough off of the 50G car, but I guess it's never enough...

TurboDMan, another question about your carputer, how do you control it (keyboard, other input devices). The reason I ask is just that I am curious, my cousin just completed his, and he used a Lilliput touch screen as an imput device.
Old 11-05-2004, 09:53 AM
Members

My Ride: 545 Silver Grey, Grey, Sports Package, Preimium, Cold Weather, Shades, PDC, Logic 7, Fold Down Back Seats, AUX, Carputer

hehehe Bimmerman 50G plus accesories.

Bimmerman its funny i found a fellow mp3car person here awsome me and you should talk. Here is my carputer stats:

EPIA MII10000 with C3 processor
Opus 90W
120G WD
Toshiba DVD

Man i wish i can put a liliput i wanted to mounted on valcrow tape right above the vents, but that would bother the hell out of me cause its not goign to look stock i preffer a clean setup, and i have no idea yet how to change the I-Drive screen for a new one. But wouldnt a touch screen be a nice addition to the I-Drive? yammy whats your cuz screen name is he on mp3car forum? can you tell me his setup really intrested...i contral everything with a power point mouth presenter, i do have a keyboard but i only use it when i need to type up an adress in my nav software besides that its always my power point mouse.
Old 11-05-2004, 10:44 AM
Bimmerman

Originally Posted by TurboDman' date='Nov 5 2004, 01:53 PM

Bimmerman its funny i found a fellow mp3car person here awsome me and you should talk. Here is my carputer stats:

Opus 90W
120G WD
Toshiba DVD

Man i wish i can put a liliput i wanted to? mounted on valcrow tape right above the vents, but that would bother the hell out of me cause its not goign to look stock i preffer a clean setup, and i have no idea yet how to change the I-Drive screen for a new one. But wouldnt a touch screen be a nice addition to the I-Drive? yammy whats your cuz screen name is he on mp3car forum? can you tell me his setup really intrested...i contral everything with a power point mouth presenter, i do have a keyboard but i only use it when i need to type up an adress in my nav software besides that its always my power point mouse.
[snapback]52962[/snapback]
Answering your question TurboDman, here is my causin's write up for his system:

http://www.focaljet.com/ubbthreads/showfla...#Post2416363817

I believe he got a few ideas and software from mp3car forums
Old 11-05-2004, 11:06 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

Originally Posted by TurboDman' date='Nov 5 2004, 07:53 PM

Opus 90W
120G WD
Toshiba DVD

Man i wish i can put a liliput i wanted to? mounted on valcrow tape right above the vents, but that would bother the hell out of me cause its not goign to look stock i preffer a clean setup, and i have no idea yet how to change the I-Drive screen for a new one. But wouldnt a touch screen be a nice addition to the I-Drive? yammy whats your cuz screen name is he on mp3car forum? can you tell me his setup really intrested...i contral everything with a power point mouth presenter, i do have a keyboard but i only use it when i need to type up an adress in my nav software besides that its always my power point mouse.
[snapback]52962[/snapback]

Computer, keyboard, mouse ? I understand this is all installed in car?
WOW...can you post some pics of this setup? I am interested to see it.

TIA>

Andy
Old 11-05-2004, 01:01 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 545i, Olivin Green, w/Sports Package, basic stereo, chrome wheels, tinted windows, Bluetooth enabled with Moto V710 (Verizon), Sirius Sat Radio (aftermarket), Auxiliary Input for Ipod.

Originally Posted by Guest' date='Nov 5 2004, 10:11 AM
[quote name='PeterF' date='Nov 4 2004, 07:32 PM']tedmundson, you're a hero for posting the English instructions for E60! That should allow everyone to take it to their dealer here in the US and prove to them that this AUX input is indeed for E60s and easy to install.
[snapback]52760[/snapback]
I just went to Sterling BMW in Newport Beach and they were NOT able to install the aux input. If anyone has been successful installing the aux input in Los Angeles or Orange County, California please post the dealership and who did the install.
[snapback]52944[/snapback]
[/quote]

I was in BMW of San Diego this afternoon. I ordered my part $72. The service guy said it would cost $150 to have it installed. They will call me when the part arrives. I'll post an update if and when this happens.

Teriyaki
Old 11-05-2004, 01:29 PM
Bimmerman

Originally Posted by teriyaki88' date='Nov 5 2004, 05:01 PM
[quote name='Guest' date='Nov 5 2004, 10:11 AM'][quote name='PeterF' date='Nov 4 2004, 07:32 PM']tedmundson, you're a hero for posting the English instructions for E60! That should allow everyone to take it to their dealer here in the US and prove to them that this AUX input is indeed for E60s and easy to install.
I just went to Sterling BMW in Newport Beach and they were NOT able to install the aux input. If anyone has been successful installing the aux input in Los Angeles or Orange County, California please post the dealership and who did the install.
[/quote]

I was in BMW of San Diego this afternoon. I ordered my part $72. The service guy said it would cost $150 to have it installed. They will call me when the part arrives. I'll post an update if and when this happens.

Teriyaki
[snapback]53020[/snapback]
[/quote]

Are you planning on having the dealership install it or yourself?
Old 11-05-2004, 01:51 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 545i, Olivin Green, w/Sports Package, basic stereo, chrome wheels, tinted windows, Bluetooth enabled with Moto V710 (Verizon), Sirius Sat Radio (aftermarket), Auxiliary Input for Ipod.

Originally Posted by Bimmerman' date='Nov 5 2004, 03:29 PM
[quote name='teriyaki88' date='Nov 5 2004, 05:01 PM'][quote name='Guest' date='Nov 5 2004, 10:11 AM'][quote name='PeterF' date='Nov 4 2004, 07:32 PM']tedmundson, you're a hero for posting the English instructions for E60! That should allow everyone to take it to their dealer here in the US and prove to them that this AUX input is indeed for E60s and easy to install.
[/quote]

Teriyaki
[snapback]53020[/snapback]
[/quote]

Are you planning on having the dealership install it or yourself?
[snapback]53037[/snapback]
[/quote]

I seriously doubt I could do it. The install looks easy enough but the directions specifically calls for coding.
"encode/program the retrofit using DISPlus or GT-1 via path CIP" - whatever that is.
Old 11-05-2004, 05:03 PM
Members

The remote on the left from the I-Drive for the video module the one on the bottom is a RF PowerPoint mouse.

Old 11-05-2004, 05:04 PM
Members

Quick Reply: Aux. Output