E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

What's the most stupid thing about the E60?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 11:42 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by moschse' post='535962' date='Feb 26 2008, 12:26 AM
Awesome...You rarely see cup holders in Europe...only in the States. My dad gave same reason..."you cant fit a double espresso in a cup holder. Just doesn't work..."

I personally love mine (except the location of course). But then again, I'm an american.
thats completly wrong about the cup holders - euro manufacturers are falling over themselves to get as many cupholders in a car as they can as if it was some kinda competition. minivans here have over 6 or 7!

That would go with the philosophy that bmw didnt fit a torch in my glovebox(!) , but did fit 'optional' cupholders that you in the USA dont get as std. And my car is the entry level trim

oh - nearly forgot - there are two cupholders in the rear armrest too.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:55 AM
Members

My Ride: 04 545i

No visual volume indicator for the radio/cd (i.e. 1 through 30). Or at least a bar graph.

With all the stuff on I-drive, why not have this?
Old 02-27-2008, 11:04 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530i, Mysthic Blue, built June 2004, Cream Leather Interior, Dark Woodgrain Dash,

Originally Posted by joojoobee' post='536760' date='Feb 28 2008, 05:55 AM
No visual volume indicator for the radio/cd (i.e. 1 through 30). Or at least a bar graph.

With all the stuff on I-drive, why not have this?
Cause volume is a audio thing, not a visual, and every bodies different, does not matter what you set it at, poeple play with it all the time depending on the tune and the mode. Indicator is of no value, is its about to change AGAIN.

My wife never leaves the damn nobs alone, she is fiddling with the radio station, CD stacker selection, volume.
I wish there was a way to disable passenger involvement of settings.
Something which did a "protect the Driver (and car) from from front Passenger feedback".
A finger scanner which then disable interfaces, which it did not recognise should be considered in the 2009 model

Just something which allowed one tune to play to the end before the passenger felt it was time to change the tune.

The bloody radio is so good and so clear, and the stereo is a pleasure to listen to, that they continually scan the stations looking for the ultimate tune.

I want the audio not to be visual, I just want it to PLAY loud and proud. Make my world rock as I travel in silence.

Augustrain2004
Old 02-27-2008, 12:15 PM
Members

My Ride: 04 545i

Originally Posted by Augustrain2004' post='536805' date='Feb 27 2008, 04:04 PM
Cause volume is a audio thing, not a visual, and every bodies different, does not matter what you set it at, poeple play with it all the time depending on the tune and the mode. Indicator is of no value, is its about to change AGAIN.

My wife never leaves the damn nobs alone, she is fiddling with the radio station, CD stacker selection, volume.
I wish there was a way to disable passenger involvement of settings.
Something which did a "protect the Driver (and car) from from front Passenger feedback".
A finger scanner which then disable interfaces, which it did not recognise should be considered in the 2009 model

Just something which allowed one tune to play to the end before the passenger felt it was time to change the tune.

The bloody radio is so good and so clear, and the stereo is a pleasure to listen to, that they continually scan the stations looking for the ultimate tune.

I want the audio not to be visual, I just want it to PLAY loud and proud. Make my world rock as I travel in silence.

Augustrain2004
Understood. Pesky human passengers can be a pain. It's just sometimes when I pop in a CD and the music doesn't start right way, I start messing with the volume knob or steering wheel buttons, only to find out I turned it up too loud and BAM....cardic arrest and possibly blown speakers.
Old 02-27-2008, 12:22 PM
Senior Members

bass and treble are also an audio thing - but Idrive goes to the trouble of telling you where you are on the range........ not consistent
Old 02-27-2008, 03:13 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i, Jet Black, Natural Brown Leather, Dark Wood Trim, 6 sd MT, Sports Pkg., Comfort Access, Sunshades, Cold Weather Pkg., iPod & USB, Nav, Satellite Radio w/Logic7.

The e60 is so near pefect I hate to even mention this... but I wish it had more than just one trip odometer.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:41 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 528i

What about the nav screen... when your car is turned off and click the "screen off" function, it doesn't completely turn off.... theres still a glow... its pretty annoying, is there anyway of turning it completely off without having to take the key out? I have limo tints all around and this glow kills the point of those tints
Old 02-28-2008, 02:04 AM
Members

I agree with most of that, the heating switches on non LCI are cheap and not having digital readout looks rubbish, no temp guage, are BMW kidding or what? The electric switches on the seats are difficult to reach on sports seats, no memory function and no forward/back either, my 1999 CI Coupe had all these features.

Apart from these silly things which I am amazed BMW did its a great car the best I have had and I would buy another.

I had no idea that the indicator cancel was to push in the same direction I always flick the other way and sometimes it kights up that direction, but then I never read the manuals.
Old 02-28-2008, 03:45 AM
Members

Originally Posted by TX Buzzard' post='536938' date='Feb 28 2008, 12:13 AM
The e60 is so near pefect I hate to even mention this... but I wish it had more than just one trip odometer.
There's the one on the dash and another one in the on board computer - journey computer (via the nav screen on my E61 with business nav).
Old 02-28-2008, 03:47 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Chef' post='534250' date='Feb 21 2008, 09:19 PM
The push start button - how has this gadget actually advanced mankind?
When the low fuel warning chimes, it seems to prevent other functions from being displayed properly in the idrive; ie.bluetooth, nav.
The smaller compartment in the armrest is fairly annoying also; should just be 1 large compartment

Quick Reply: What's the most stupid thing about the E60?