E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

What's the most stupid thing about the E60?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 01:34 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NeRwEEzy' post='534801' date='Feb 23 2008, 05:18 AM
never used the bluetooth
Really? It works great and is far easier than picking the phone up......

Also - here in the UK it's the law. You are not allowed to touch a cellphone while driving - it has to be fully handsfree and the government has the cops clamping down on this at the moment. as for the door side pockets, I hate them.....they are too narrow and too deep. All my shit slides around in there and is difficult to get at.
Old 02-23-2008, 03:19 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by adentonmiller' post='535073' date='Feb 23 2008, 10:34 PM
Really? It works great and is far easier than picking the phone up......

Also - here in the UK it's the law. You are not allowed to touch a cellphone while driving - it has to be fully handsfree and the government has the cops clamping down on this at the moment. as for the door side pockets, I hate them.....they are too narrow and too deep. All my shit slides around in there and is difficult to get at.

Might be the law, but a day doesnt pass when i dont see some a$$hole with a mobile / cellphone in the hand whilst driving. One person followed me for miles - even swapping the phone from hand to hand whilst going round a roundabout and changing gear. I would have loved to brake tested him, but its my car he would hit...
Old 02-23-2008, 03:21 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 545i, M-Sport Bodykit, Sports Suspension, Sports Seats, Active Steering.

Originally Posted by Augustrain2004' post='534891' date='Feb 23 2008, 10:32 PM
I agree with the wipers issue, we have been having some good rain in Sydney. After many years of drought, so you notice that upswept area.

Im also concerned as the level of side vision to oncoming traffic, because of the Pillar between the doors, seems to be overly large and makes the view difficult. Im being very cautions when Im turning left (owned car now since Sept 07), as oncoming traffic is not as clear as Id expect. Im always asking my wife to lean back and keep watch for me and then I also double check.

It just seems a little more difficult that my old GM Aussie Holden Commodore, but learning to make sure Im clear before I turn LEFT.

Augustrain2004
Sydney, Australia.

Do you think you could go back to driving a Holden Commodore after driving your E60? Also, there has been criticism of the new VE Commodore's thick A-pillars.
Old 02-23-2008, 03:31 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 545i, M-Sport Bodykit, Sports Suspension, Sports Seats, Active Steering.

Originally Posted by Chef' post='534878' date='Feb 23 2008, 08:06 PM
What about wind screen wipers not adjusted for right hand drive production. Now that's just sloppy engineering which would.....dare i say it?....never happen with Lexus.

There's a large unswept area on the top right hand corner of the drivers side of the windscreen in right hand drive cars.

Did you own a Lexus before the BMW? Which model?
Old 02-23-2008, 04:11 PM
Members

My Ride: MY08 525i, platinum grey, black dakota leather, black trim, sunroof, HUD, bluetooth, TV, phone, 70% tint

Originally Posted by stavros' post='535135' date='Feb 23 2008, 08:31 PM
Did you own a Lexus before the BMW? Which model?
Never owned a Lexus, but i know friends that do. They rave about the standard of fit and finish and the attention to detail....like the steering wheel of the RX350 tilting down to allow for easy exit.

I'm sure it would have cost BMW millions of dollars had they decided to re-engineer those wipers for RH production, but just shows lack of care.

Hmmm.....could've bought a Holden Commodore HSV with the big Chev donk up front producing 327 KW and god only knows how many Nm of torque for about 70% of the cost of my 525i with 160KW ?lol?, but I'm generally happy with the E60.

Old 02-23-2008, 06:34 PM
Contributors

1. passenger cup holder if it's left out passenger getting in or out of the car will hit it accidentally, ( my friends are tall it happen a few times so now it's always in closed position.

2. Arm rest is too small when it shifts forward, the center console can't really store anything. NO coin holder and cell phone holder

3. Mirrors do not fold, in Hong hong their mirrors are standard it folds, i know they have tight parking space but still i would love that option.

4. Changing light bulbs giving error message if it's not the same
Old 02-24-2008, 06:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by 1esquire' post='534446' date='Feb 22 2008, 08:25 AM
Also, maybe it is just me and my weird sitting position, but I can never see my turn signal lights on the dash. They are blocked by the steering wheel. I have tried to move around my seat and the steering wheel, but it doesn't seem to help.
I feel your pain. I'm glad I read this to see I'm not the only one. I've tried different seat positions too. ( I don't lean back, I'm kind of old for that...lol)

Trying to look at right turn signal is ridiculous. I have to lean to the left a bit to see it.
Old 02-24-2008, 07:09 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i with everything

The never-ending seat-belt warning chime. Drives me CRAZY.
Old 02-24-2008, 08:47 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 M3 Convertible, Alpine White/black, 6 speed 2011 535xi Tasmin Green, Venetian Beige

Originally Posted by Allen' post='534965' date='Feb 23 2008, 12:00 PM
I'm sure after about a month, your screen is gonna look real nice with scratches from the phone being tossed around against it...
Rubber clad Blackberry. It's doesn't move.
Old 02-24-2008, 11:53 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530i, Mysthic Blue, built June 2004, Cream Leather Interior, Dark Woodgrain Dash,

Originally Posted by stavros' post='535130' date='Feb 24 2008, 11:21 AM
Do you think you could go back to driving a Holden Commodore after driving your E60? Also, there has been criticism of the new VE Commodore's thick A-pillars.
Go back to the Holden, not really, my eldest son now drives it - VR ( 14yrs in the family). I use it as the bush car, it carries round stuff and the bikes on racks on the early morning rides ( Sat/Sun), so it serves a purpose, still in good shape and the car is aging gracefully. but I cant get over the smooth and exact driving of the e60 - she is a Greek godess!

The VE does have the same problem, it all must have to do with the Rigid frame and stiffness issue, which everyone strives to achieve. The cost of visibility is a heafty price to pay.

I was very close in buying the Calias V, V6, but they didnt want my money, so I bought a beautiful 2004 e60 530i instead - how lucky am I, that the Holden Rep had a Pole up his ....... about the Calais !

Now I look at a VE and go 'so yesterday !" and my mates think the e60 is mad.

Augustrain2004.

Quick Reply: What's the most stupid thing about the E60?