E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

What you don't like on your E60

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 11:18 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E61 535d carbon black m-kit panoramaroof with beige nasca interior and wood trim. 172m rims. DimSport Race, SB, SAT

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
In America most cups beyond medium sized will not fit into these cup holders. I have had drinks fell out when I make turns because of the cup holders. :thumbsdown:
I've lived in the States several years and though I have nothing against very large cup holders (I love the ones in a Ford Transit Van that can hold a 1.5L bottle) my best advise would be to buy drinks at a reasonable size. The coffee gets cold if it's too large a serving. Besides, I've heard the original 1950's McDonalds Large drink is smaller than today's Small drink and nobody - I mean nobody - needs a 32 ounce thirst quelcher!
Old 01-18-2011, 11:21 AM
Members

Originally Posted by hooch999
5. Not enough leg space in front due to short steering wheel telescoping range.
OMG, I am SOOOOOO happy to hear you say this. I thought it was just me. My current 528i and a 535i without the sport package has AMPLE room between the wheel and my legs, but the 535i with sport package I am looking at buying has like 1/2 the travel..WTF is up with that? Why?
Old 01-18-2011, 11:25 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E61 535d carbon black m-kit panoramaroof with beige nasca interior and wood trim. 172m rims. DimSport Race, SB, SAT

What's with the squeaks and rattles complaints? Any of you ever driven a Volkswagen?

When I'm on a cobblestone road (rare!) the steering column mounted top left switch's lower button, which toggles the instrument cluster display, will rattle in tune with my kidneys but that's all the noise I get from my lovely E61. Well, not quite, there is a bit of wind noise from the panorama roof above 140 km/h if the movable headliner is open but I hardly notice that as I'm tuned into the lovely burble from the straight 6 out front.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:39 AM
Senior Members

You guys all complain abt the lack of a temp gauge, what do the white lines that drop on the tach indicate???
Old 01-18-2011, 11:47 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 545I and a half dozen other rides

Originally Posted by Isaiah_Charles
You guys all complain abt the lack of a temp gauge, what do the white lines that drop on the tach indicate???
As your motor warms up the red lines changes, but not it does not indicate when the car is overly warm or overheating.

What you don't like on your E60-tach-line.jpg
Old 01-18-2011, 12:02 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 Silver BMW 525i, loaded w/o Nav 2007 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer, loaded w/o Nav

Originally Posted by pjinca
HAHAHA We did that a few months ago, got the wife a 2011 Honda Accord EX-L w/Nav, every option. Can't really go wrong with a Honda.

that said, taking the word of someone who worked in the call center is kind of silly. Who ever calls support to say "hey, your product is great, never had an issue with your product" - no one does that, all the call center people ever hear is the complaints, so they are probably the most jaded of anyone.
Hi PJ- yeah, I didn't let her opinion sway me- I was just repeating what she said. I mentioned in the next sentence that personally, I don't want to be without one. I love it. Our BMW was in the shop damn-near three weeks last year (16 days). Even the mechanic was like, (Maybe you should have bought a car that doesn?t break down enough for you to get to know your service advisors and mechanic on a first name basis). That was funny, and a little hurtful? hehehe-ow.

That said, I'm a country boy who occasionally goes to my hometown. Where I'm from, the closest dealership is over 100 miles away. That's why I got AAA, just in case I ever need to be towed that far. However, chances are, I'll never take it out of the city again, since she's getting old (83,000 miles).

Ha, when I complained about the cup holders (if you want to call them that) some people on here were like, "Buy a Ford (I did). Ford is the best in Texas--- hehehe..." Well, it seems a bunch of you guys & gals aren't impressed by the pseudo cup holders either.

Whether it's a Starbucks cup, or Sonic- the cup holder needs to hold the damn thing. Were it not for my cat-like reflexes, I'd have spilled soda in our interior on more than one occasion. Having an E60 will definitely improve your reaching reflexes, LOL.

Anything can be improved- even the E60.

I love the iDrive, but you'd think a car this sophisticated, would know that when it's 22 degrees (F) outside, I'm not looking for cool air from my vents. Even though I had the thermostat on 78, I still felt cool air. It wasn't until I went into the iDrive, and changed the settings, that I got heat from the floor, and the vents. Making some things sophisticated is cool. Basic crap like that should remain simple, or at least intuitive.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:02 PM
Members

My Ride: 530d Auto M Sport Saloon

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to remove all of the peeling paint/film from the M Sport Steering wheel trim?
Old 01-18-2011, 12:04 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i mystic blue

automatic climate control. its the most annoyign ting in the fucking world. when i want it off i want it off. stay off!!!
Old 01-18-2011, 12:06 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 Silver BMW 525i, loaded w/o Nav 2007 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer, loaded w/o Nav

Originally Posted by Phoenix803
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to remove all of the peeling paint/film from the M Sport Steering wheel trim?
I don't have an M-Sport wheel (I don't think), but even if I did, I probably won't experience the peeling wheel because I put on a leather steeing wheel cover.

I'm an old-school guy, so that's one thing from the 70's that I still like today. I'd take a pic and show you, but- my car is in the shop... again.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:12 PM
Senior Members

double post, skip

Quick Reply: What you don't like on your E60