E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

What you don't like on your E60

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 02:12 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 545I and a half dozen other rides

Oh yea, power to the sunroof is cut off when the key is off. I have power on 'other makes' as a convenience for a couple minutes, but on the BMW?
Old 01-18-2011, 02:18 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mephistopheles
I reported this to the Service folks and they "said" they measured the distance of the bottom of the wheel to the floor on an existing 535 with sport and it was the same. What I can't understand is why the sport package requires decreasing the travel that every other vehicle currently has? In my current 528i, I swear the wheel can move 5-6 inches up and down, and the 535 with sport moved MAYBE 3 inches total vertical travel..Would love to understand why this is necessary with the sport package.
The sport package you are referring to is just the M steering wheel for the sake of this issue. No other differences. Do you think it's the steering wheel? At the topmost position, I don't think you can push it even higher on a non-sport package e60 with a regular wheel.
Old 01-18-2011, 02:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545I and a half dozen other rides

Originally Posted by Isaiah_Charles
Hmmm really, so knock on wood my car overheats how would I know??? iDrive??
You won't know it is about to overheat until it has already happening. So lets say you are about to go across a desert, on a normal car you would take a quick glance on the gauge. Is it about the normal range it always sits? Good, if not then, hey maybe we should pull over at the gas station to take a look rather than wait until we are in the middle of the desert when the all familiar warning chime going off!
Old 01-18-2011, 02:32 PM
Senior Members

Wow reallyy smh that is really crazy, there's no retrofit or anything for this??? I always thought I knew my car fairly well smh
Old 01-18-2011, 02:51 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i, Silber-grau/grau. Vanilla flavored except for cold WX pkg.

Originally Posted by Ben_XI
I see this in my tach but it is always showing three-stripes (bars). I commute ~45 minutes one-way and I see the same three-stripes from when I first start the car in the morning until I arrive at work. Maybe my tach is broken?! But, I have never seen any more or less than three bars regardless of length of drive or style of driving.
Sounds like your temperature indicator is stuck. On a cold start there should be white tick marks all the way back to 5K RPM. They move up to three tick marks when the engine is at normal temperature. Try giving it a good rap.
Old 01-18-2011, 02:58 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i 6spd

Originally Posted by healthservices
Oh yea, power to the sunroof is cut off when the key is off. I have power on 'other makes' as a convenience for a couple minutes, but on the BMW?
this happened to me so many times, damn annoying.
Old 01-18-2011, 03:04 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by richard313
this happened to me so many times, damn annoying.
Our cars can be coded so you can close the sun roof (it already opens with the key) via the key.

I had known about holding the unlock and the lock button, but I didn't realize you can actually physically stick the key in the door and make it do the same thing (learned from a member this Saturday). Though doing it wirelessly is more convenient, lol.
Old 01-18-2011, 03:49 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i

Current annoyance:

As I was completing my weekly parking lot pimpin session, I realized that if I do pull a hot piece they would have to sit in the back based on my passenger side airbag restraint fault....

aside from that I love my car
Old 01-18-2011, 03:55 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 06 550i
Model Year: 06

I don't like the fact that double pumping to open the drivers door does not unlock the other doors. By the time I go to the other side to open the door for my daughter, my key is already in my pocket. Not like I can ask her to unlock or double pump the door handle. Leaving the doors unlock is not a option either as I don't want my daughter to accidentally open the door. When I open the driver's door on my Mercedes the other doors unlock too. This feature can be programed in the Mercedes, it cannot in the BMW. Having such a nice feature like this on the Mercedes makes you want more in the BMW. You don't realize how wonderful this feature is until you have a child or have to open another door after getting out..
I got this programed away this weekend, now when I remove the key the driver side door unlocks. This can be changed though, it depends on how the car is set to unlock with the key. The easier solution to this is to just hit the unlock button on the dash.
Old 01-18-2011, 04:06 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 530i, Premium Package, Grey Leather, Rear Euro Reflectors

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Yes... the cup holders. They've got to be the worst designed ever in any vehicle.
Ever own an E38? LOL

Quick Reply: What you don't like on your E60